Bioshock: Infinite

dweezil78

Original Poster
Is anyone playing Bioshock: Inifinite? I can honestly say, hands down, this game plays like a giant love letter tribute to all things Disney park related. The creator of the game has said in interviews he was heavily influenced by Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean for his storytelling -- but I think the game goes far beyond that as far as providing an immersive Disney attraction type experience.

From the city itself looking like a steampunk Main Street to the Hall of Heroes to straight up dark ride-type sequences, this thing is oozing with classic Disney park fanboy love. It's a long form, interactive E-ticket all the way!

Disclaimer: Bioshock: Infinite is EXTREMELY violent, scary, and not for children. :)

WED99

I wouldn't go as far to say it's a tribute to Disney parks. Sure Columbia has similarities to Main Street but they did a lot of research into the turn of the century time period while designing, Disney just happened to do this too.

But who knows, maybe Ken Levine was inspired to write stories while walking through Fantasyland? :)

jakmckratos

Columbia is like a MESSED UP Disney theme park..what with the racism and all but yeah I totally got that part of COmstock's allure was being a Walt Disney-esque creator..albeit using it for very bad purposes.

Bairstow

Excellent game but probably too violent for its own good.
I can see where Ken Levine is coming from with the Pirates/Haunted Mansion approach.
There isn't a whole lot of interactivity in the game, so a lot of it, especially in the beginning plays like a dark ride, with lots of rich detail in the background and characters speaking short exchanges to each other as you pass by.

Also, Elizabeth is pretty clearly patterned after Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

I'm surprised no one in this thread has mentioned the Hall of Presidents yet.

Sped2424

Many aspects of the game are influenced by disney heck before you enter the hall of heros take a look at the map also if we really want to get crazy with the connection, Walt did want to build his own city.....
468px-BioShockInfinite_2013-04-02_20-59-30-00.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You have seen that influence in all of the Bioshock games. Andrew Ryan is a darn good doppelganger for Walt and there was a dark ride in Rapture as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom