Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closing for major refurbishment August to November 2016

tl77

They only add the video projection mapping in WDW to things they can also add a dessert party up-charges to... like? why would they spend money entertaining the guests if there's nothing in it for the stock holders, we're just going there to hand over our money to them... right?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I may be wrong about this and if so please correct me, but when I went in September it looked like all the track had been replaced. It was all coated in plastic wrap, not tarp, but the heat shrink wrap you get on new items.

Luxe

I may be wrong about this and if so please correct me, but when I went in September it looked like all the track had been replaced. It was all coated in plastic wrap, not tarp, but the heat shrink wrap you get on new items.
Was it all of the track or parts of it? I remember seeing a video showing some work being done on sections of the track which looked like sections might have been replaced.

spectromagic04

Here is a photo I found on Instagram of the new lighting package on the mountain.

Attachments

• IMG_4455.PNG
    IMG_4455.PNG
    175.5 KB · Views: 396

Jones14

Oh no.... that looks terrible... It should always be lit as before... Just barely picking up the natural colors of the mountain itself... but those brilliant LED colors on that landscape look positively grotesque.
I like it! It reminds me of the rainbow caverns. Besides, there's supposed to be a supernatural element to the ride, and the old lighting package looked like a shopping mall parking lot.

Daveeeeed

How can Frontierland get a better backstory. Obviously never as good as Paris, but I feel like Splash intrudes on it. Anyone know if Disney plans to address this? Splash & the Country Bears kind of make that its own Critter Country, but then Big Thunder being on the end kind of takes away.

janoimagine

Now projection mapping on the mesa would hav been amazing... they could slightly bump the colors of the rockwork at night... have different effects occuring... small rockslides, animals etc happening across the mountain scapes... It could be really amazing. but alas..
That would have been too creative for the new Disney. (But an excellent idea none the less.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom