Big Hero 6

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
A few observations :
Surprised that the audience I was with was almost 50/50 boys AND girls. I would have guessed 75/25.

Baymax is gender neutral and Honey Lemon and Gogo are appealing to girls. My daughter is 5 and loved the movie and was excited to see it. She loved Baymax before we saw the film from the commercials. We asked her if Frozen or Big Hero 6 was better and she said she liked them both the same. She was a big Frozen fan and even dresses up as Elsa for Halloween.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Baymax is gender neutral and Honey Lemon and Gogo are appealing to girls. My daughter is 5 and loved the movie and was excited to see it. She loved Baymax before we saw the film from the commercials. We asked her if Frozen or Big Hero 6 was better and she said she liked them both the same. She was a big Frozen fan and even dresses up as Elsa for Halloween.
I am super glad girls will love this film. Honey lemon and Gogo are great characters for girls to look up too! It's a shame you can't meet the whole team at the parks.

Tom Morrow

Can we please stop with the "boys movie" vs "girls movie" BS?

They're Disney movies, made for everyone, as they always have been.

If boys like Olaf and girls like Baymax, it's hardly a surprise.
Also, rating an animated film made for everyone on how much boys or girls will like it diminishes the merits of the film. Yeah, kids will like this and Frozen, but most will also like the latest turd Dreamworks craps out because young kids are easily entertained and don't have any concept of quality film making.

SosoDude

Can we please stop with the "boys movie" vs "girls movie" BS?

They're Disney movies, made for everyone, as they always have been.

If boys like Olaf and girls like Baymax, it's hardly a surprise.

Yeah, I wasnt really saying it was a "boy" or not an "everybody" movie, just that I was suprised that it was an even split. In fact, I think its a GREAT thing.

kelknight84

Took my 5 and 3 year old girls today. They liked it, but I loved it. Great story, animation, humor, and emotion.

I liked Ralph and Frozen but enjoyed Tangled more than both of those. Also love the Lego movie, which gets funnier each time I watch it.

BH6 just did a really good job of really having it all for the whole family.

Mickey_777

I was not a fan of the lego film. Thought it was a robot chicken sketch for kids that went on way too long.

I couldn't put my finger on it at the time but you're right. The film's robot chicken, herky jerky, visuals gave me a headache after about 15 minutes until I hit eject on the ol' Blu ray player. I Red Boxed it after I heard good reviews. At least it only cost me a buck fifty.

Last edited:

AllyInWonderland

I am super glad girls will love this film. Honey lemon and Gogo are great characters for girls to look up too! It's a shame you can't meet the whole team at the parks.
Let's face it, if Honey Lemon were in the parks, I'd hug her and NEVER let go!

She's my baby!
image.jpg

FoozieBear

So awesome to see that everyone loved this film as much as I did! This is the most fun I've ever had in a movie theater in a long time. It deserves every dollar it earns.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
From Entrainment Weekly -

Audiences were slightly more interested in visiting Disney’s San Fransokyo than Christopher Nolan’s outer space this weekend, as Big Hero 6 ($56.2 million) nabbed the No. 1 spot over Interstellar ($50 million).

Interstellar made its IMAX debut Nov. 5 ahead of its wide release on Nov. 7. In those first two days, the film took in $2.2 million and set the pace on Friday evening with $17 million to Big Hero 6‘s $15.8 million. But Big Hero 6 benefited from families heading to the theater on Saturday–and from those who aren’t parents heading to the theater throughout the weekend.

“It really is something that’s as appealing for an older audience as it is for a younger audience,” Dave Hollis, executive vice president of theatrical exhibition sales and distribution at Disney, told EW. “Audience demos that we dive in and take a look at are encouraging in that big portions of our audience are the not-a-parent range.”

Interstellar has some challenges: At 169 minutes, it’s long. And while it’s mostly appropriate for all ages, the film includes a lot of science-talk that young kids may not be thrilled by. Big Hero 6, on the other hand, doesn’t require any previous knowledge of gravity equations or black holes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom