Big Hero 6 wins an Oscar

doctornick

With Big Hero 6 being a "success" (does Disney see it that way?) given the Oscar and the total box office which is still climbing, does this pave the way for either a sequel or for a similar comic book adaptation? Something like Power Pack could be done in a similar way with good success; or they could look for something more obscure.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I still believe that BH6 should take over the energy pavilion or Wonders of Life pavilion at Epcot with an action-packed simulator ride similar to the style of spider man and curse of gringotts at universal. It would be a major.. HUGE hit. ESPECIALLY at Epcot considering it basically has only 2 headliner attractions with a large popularity.. And a somewhat headliner (Mission: Space). Also, the lift & health theme would actually fit in with Epcot quite well.

The attraction I'm thinking about could be good for Tomorrowland as well.. But there's not enough space unless they create a regular simulator ride (similar to star tours II style) to replace Stitch's Great Escape.. That'd work too.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If they manage to pull that off... will they resurrect Cranium Command for Inside Out? :p
inside-cranium-300x217.jpg

Hey now.... I'm just sayin..

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I loved Big Hero 6 and bought the blu-Ray. Watched it with the kids last night. Really a great movie. Congrats on the Oscar!

That being said I believe that HTTYD2 was a better movie. I still could see why BH6 would win it. The Lego Movie was good too, it came out of nowhere for me and then ending was a surprise, Oscar worthy yes, it got snubbed for a nomination.

BH6 should be in DHS. Baymax would definitely be appealing to children. It would be a great draw. It also would allow me to go on TSMM even more.

FrankLapidus

With Big Hero 6 being a "success" (does Disney see it that way?) given the Oscar and the total box office which is still climbing, does this pave the way for either a sequel or for a similar comic book adaptation? Something like Power Pack could be done in a similar way with good success; or they could look for something more obscure.

I think it could for similarly obscure Marvel properties. I thought the idea of WDAS adapting Marvel comics was a terrible one when rumours about Big Hero 6 first appeared but the end result is, for me, absolutely fantastic and does open the door a little wider to similar films in the future. They did a superb job with the story for Big Hero 6 in the film's exploration of grief and Baymax is the highlight of a cast of very entertaining characters. If there is an obscure comic in the Marvel library that has the same raw potential that Big Hero 6 had for Disney then I'd be interested in seeing what the studio could come up with.

flyerjab

Went to pick up Big Hero 6 on Tuesday and Target was completely sold out.

Went last night and was lucky to get one as the check out girl said that they are flying off the shelves.

I put it in and started watching it - we took our kids to see it in the theater previously. All 3 of the kids were deep into their video games when I started watching. After about 5 minutes all 3 of them had come into the family room along with mom. This is significant as, 1) they had already seen it, and 2) the only other thing that could pull them away from their video games would be the eruption of the caldera beneath Yellowstone National Park.

I forgot how truly exceptional this movie is and deserving of an Oscar.

Matt_Black

There are plenty of good baddies they could throw her way. Kang, Count Nefaria, Dracula (public domain!)... I wonder if Mephisto is counted as a Silver Surfer bad guy, and thus falls under FOX's umbrella, or if he's counted as a Doctor Strange baddie.

ABQ

IMO BH6 was a better movie than Frozen... maybe not at the box office, but still deserves a bigger nod at WDW than just a temporary meet and greet.
Would be amazing to see a non princess property get serious attention these days. Highly unlikely though. There will be no Bippity Boppity Big Hero 6 cash grab, not a Baymax for Breakfast dining location. Not that Big Hero 6 is gender specific, it's not a little girl dress up princess and sell a butt load of merchandise cash cow either.

HollyAD

Original Poster
IMO BH6 was a better movie than Frozen... maybe not at the box office, but still deserves a bigger nod at WDW than just a temporary meet and greet.

I agree that it was a better Movie than Frozen. My son went to the movies to see it twice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom