Big changes coming to the DREAM! (and they're awesome)

wogwog

They are awesome. I'm on the inaugural sailing. I can't wait! :)
Are you going to hit the other geek cruise in January as well? My Daughter is "forcing" me to do the inaugural Fantasy Star Wars January 9. Plus she forbids me to see the new Star Wars until the cruise. Cruel.

Until then, so you don't pity me, I am doing a Magic starting Sunday.

Disneyfalcon

Are you going to hit the other geek cruise in January as well? My Daughter is "forcing" me to do the inaugural Fantasy Star Wars January 9. Plus she forbids me to see the new Star Wars until the cruise. Cruel.

Until then, so you don't pity me, I am doing a Magic starting Sunday.

I have the February 6th sailing booked! :) That's pie in the sky right now, there is no way to know if those dates will work for the hubby, but I booked it just in case! I don't think we'll make it until then until we see the movie, although I like your daughter's plan! What a great place to see it!

I will not feel sorry for you. :D Have fun!

wogwog

I have the February 6th sailing booked! :) That's pie in the sky right now, there is no way to know if those dates will work for the hubby, but I booked it just in case! I don't think we'll make it until then until we see the movie, although I like your daughter's plan! What a great place to see it!

I will not feel sorry for you. :D Have fun!
I suspected as much you double geek.

ChuckElias

screw star wars.
Sc. . Screw St. . sta. . . Screw Star Wars????

83124cc9b36038b0e6b1622685e0e42b.jpg

To be serious, I have no need for Star Wars on the cruise. However, it's been a huge hit at DHS and I think it's fine there. It would be really interesting, however, if they opened a 5th park, based completely on Star Wars. . .

EOD K9

To be serious, I have no need for Star Wars on the cruise. However, it's been a huge hit at DHS and I think it's fine there. It would be really interesting, however, if they opened a 5th park, based completely on Star Wars. . .
I think a SW day is fine and the Falcon for the kids is OK too.

tk924

I surely hope that I can get some pics here...

swddcl283746-613x321.jpg

As far as Satellite Falls, is this an upgrade to the current adult area or is this in a new "adult only" area on the ship?

216bruce

I think if Walt had been around and made a sci-fi/fantasy it would have looked and felt a lot like Star Wars. Well, at least Episode IV. Just an opinion. A "Walt" sci fi/fantasy would have been "light", upbeat and fun. Certainly NOT an "Alien" type one. Avatar? I dunno, But SW...yeah. I could see that.

wogwog

@Disneyfalcon I am hearing that the Disney greed merchants who have been fast at work at WDW sneaking in a lot of price increases and up charge opportunities have been busy with the Dream in dry dock. Can you confirm my suspicion that with the new food for sale in the Dream bars, at not so friendly prices, this will replace the previous free snack spreads offered every evening in the past. I am pleased with the enhancements until they get sneaky with the constant cash grabs. Mostly principle but I do not like the trend if true. What is next, up charges for room service, charges for "premium" in room movies, and fill in your own here.

GrumpysWife

@Disneyfalcon I am hearing that the Disney greed merchants who have been fast at work at WDW sneaking in a lot of price increases and up charge opportunities have been busy with the Dream in dry dock. Can you confirm my suspicion that with the new food for sale in the Dream bars, at not so friendly prices, this will replace the previous free snack spreads offered every evening in the past. I am pleased with the enhancements until they get sneaky with the constant cash grabs. Mostly principle but I do not like the trend if true. What is next, up charges for room service, charges for "premium" in room movies, and fill in your own here.

@wogwog Tammy is on the Dream and unable to reply right now, but I was able to get some info from her:

There is a charge for new food in 687, but there was no free food in there in the past. There was still free snack spread in the clubs last night. We didn't go by there but it was listed in the Navigator and is listed again tonight. Definitely free snacks at Cove Cafe and Vista Cafe. Saw those. So there is some new upcharge food in one place, but still an abundance of free food elsewhere.

She said to definitely ask if you have any more questions! =)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom