Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

Theme Parkitect

I really hate the mentality of "it's my vacation and I'll do what I want". I've gotten a fast pass, went to a stand by, then returned at my designated time. It's not that difficult. It becomes a real inconvenience when Fantasmic or Beauty and the Beast would let out and 300 people would rush into TSMM at once. If people used their FPs at the designated times, the stand by line would not have waited so much longer.
The CMs need to take a chunk of 2-5 minutes of stand by rather than drain the FP line. FP is advertised as little to no wait. They can wait five minutes. I've been fortunate enough as a DVC member to visit parks on both coasts and in Europe. TSMM moves a lot faster on just stand by. The times are posted for a reason. When a traffic sign says "No turn on red 7am to 7pm" and a person makes the right turn at 6 pm, I give them a ticket. The traffic sign is obvious and so is the FP return time.
Have a Magical Day!!!

I agree with this FOR SURE!!! :sohappy: Why can't the Fastpass wait a second??? :D

MickeyPeace

I never heard any Cast Members saying Fast Passes are good for rest of the day and the last day I was at WDW for a full day the day after Labor Day last year.

Ok but you quoted me in your response. In my quote I clearly said HERE IS A VIDEO OF A CAST MEMBER SAYING FAST PASSES ARE GOOD ALL DAY. Watch at the 6:05 mark. (Caps are to make the sentence visible to all eyes)

Here again is the link-http://youtu.be/io8_pO_eqXY

Did you watch it? If so you would have seen the cast member saying that. In English. Very clear English.

Cast members do say it and also if you asked them they would tell you.

Again, I have no problem with the new policy. I will have a problem if I have to plan out the attractions in advance of my trip however. And I will express that with my vacation dollars going elsewhere.

GenerationX

If you want a vacation completely free of planning, don't go to WDW, go to DL. If you still want to go to WDW, don't expect to be able to do what you want when you want.
People who don't plan probably have no idea FastPass exists. I am a very detailed planner, and I agree the old policy made planning easier. There were fewer variables to take into account. However, there is still plenty of planning necessary to get the most value out of a WDW vacation.

The Scum of the Earth were a great punk (actually, hoodlum) rock band from the late great "WKRP in Cincinnati" show. I don't recall them visiting WDW on their episode, though that does not preclude them from having visited off camera.

Pioneer Hall

I understand that this is a heated topic, but please keep your arguments directed towards the topic and not on other members.

Thanks

jjharvpro

Not a fan. I enjoyed being able to come back much later, without any rush or worry. But if this helps with overall guest flow, then I guess I'll be fine. It'll just take some getting used to.

JimboJones123

Ok but you quoted me in your response. In my quote I clearly said HERE IS A VIDEO OF A CAST MEMBER SAYING FAST PASSES ARE GOOD ALL DAY. Watch at the 6:05 mark. (Caps are to make the sentence visible to all eyes)

Here again is the link-http://youtu.be/io8_pO_eqXY

Did you watch it? If so you would have seen the cast member saying that. In English. Very clear English.

Cast members do say it and also if you asked them they would tell you.

Again, I have no problem with the new policy. I will have a problem if I have to plan out the attractions in advance of my trip however. And I will express that with my vacation dollars going elsewhere.

I can totally see us switching from 3-5 weeks a year at WDW to 1 week every other year if next--gen turns out the easy it ia threatening to. Won't be worth the effort of trying to be a casual guest.

Rowdy

Following directions is so hard!

I'm appalled at the people who feel like they've been robbed of a right by having to return during the printed times. Fastpass is a perk, not a right. Get over it.

smw

first world problems...

ive never had a problem getting to an attraction within the hour window. if you think its going to be an issue for you because youve got lunch at 1:15, how about you dont get a fastpass with a 2:15-3:15 window? its really not that difficult.

here's a bright idea: plan on being there at the START of the window and you'll have an hour's worth of wiggle room.

surfsupdon

It's frustrating to think that if I have a FP for Tower of Terror at 6-7pm and we go to Brown Derby for our ressie at 4:30, don't get seated till 5, and get slow service, that we could be denied access to our favorite ride because of delayed seating and slow service.

If this were ever the case, I could see part of the group leaving to ride mid meal, returning, then the other half going for the ride when the first group returns.

Def not a fan of the new policy, and I don't abuse it.

It's wierd to see them so worried about getting FP'ers in by their designated time.....but at the same time allow day guests to stay in a park during an entire hard ticket event. Just stay on Main Street, shop, eat, soak in the ambiance, watch the parade, see the fireworks, and have fun. That scenario seems more unfair.

draybook

I really hate the mentality of "it's my vacation and I'll do what I want". I've gotten a fast pass, went to a stand by, then returned at my designated time. It's not that difficult. It becomes a real inconvenience when Fantasmic or Beauty and the Beast would let out and 300 people would rush into TSMM at once. If people used their FPs at the designated times, the stand by line would not have waited so much longer.
The CMs need to take a chunk of 2-5 minutes of stand by rather than drain the FP line. FP is advertised as little to no wait. They can wait five minutes. I've been fortunate enough as a DVC member to visit parks on both coasts and in Europe. TSMM moves a lot faster on just stand by. The times are posted for a reason. When a traffic sign says "No turn on red 7am to 7pm" and a person makes the right turn at 6 pm, I give them a ticket. The traffic sign is obvious and so is the FP return time.
Have a Magical Day!!!

#1 - Do you have photos or video to support such a claim as "300 people rushing TSMM"?

#2 - You can't compare Disney policy with the law. Disney doesn't enforce their end times on FP's and they even go so far as to instruct their CM's to allow late entry. The police in my town don't encourage breaking traffic laws, I don't know about where you live.

draybook

I voted to wait and see because I really have no idea how this will turn out. Just like other changes that Disney makes and people start freaking out over. I'd rather wait and make an informed, logical decision. However, rules are rules and I'll follow them accordingly.

MissMorrow

Yeah, I'm not crazy about it, but we all knew it was coming. Though I'm wondering, is the average Disney guest even aware of the current policy? I tend to think they're not, which means it will make little difference to most people. Just us. :rolleyes:

surfsupdon

first world problems...

ive never had a problem getting to an attraction within the hour window. if you think its going to be an issue for you because youve got lunch at 1:15, how about you dont get a fastpass with a 2:15-3:15 window? its really not that difficult.

here's a bright idea: plan on being there at the START of the window and you'll have an hour's worth of wiggle room.

But there are SO MANY variables that can and DO happen while on a WDW vacation:

-back up at a restaurant and your ADR seats you up to 45 mins late.
-slow wait service/kitchen
-transportation backups in transit when hopping
-that Main Street bottleneck after fireworks/parades
-breakdown and an evacuation

In all scenarios you can leave ample time to make your window, but as a result of hold ups and unforseen circumstances, you are late to your return window.

Not arguing with you by any means. But I would be very annoyed if I were denied a return because of Disney's fault ie ADR backup--which ALMOST ALWAYS happens during Christmas Week

Tigger1988

Following directions is so hard!

I'm appalled at the people who feel like they've been robbed of a right by having to return during the printed times. Fastpass is a perk, not a right. Get over it.

Again, this was Disney POLICY. It was part of Disney's RULES for Fastpass that it could be utilized until park closing.

Nemo14

When we were there this past January, we saw how noticebly longer the FP lines were in the evenings, and how it slowed down the regular lines. If this "new" policy is indeed enforced, it seems to me that it will help reduce the standby times at those hours.

By the way, it is not the end of the world to wait in the standby lines too. To read some of the comments here, it sounds like people won't ride unless they can use a FP. Oh well!

Mad Stitch

I like that they will start enforcing the time windows, but I'm afraid the 5 minutes early 15 minutes late leeway will be the new downfall. It will just create confusion and angry guests when one group is let in and another is turned away when both groups had expired passes. Stick to the window printed on the ticket and be done with it.

dxwwf3

Again, this was Disney POLICY. It was part of Disney's RULES for Fastpass that it could be utilized until park closing.

It's ok if you like the change in policy. That's fine. But some people just don't have a clue about how things have been run for years now. There was no loophole, twisting of the system, or rule breaking. That's just how the system operated and I couldn't imagine running into a CM in the parks that would tell any guest that they wouldn't accept late arrivals. I don't know why people don't understand that :shrug:

WDWFigment

I put "yes" only because indifferent wasn't an option. I've exploited the policy in the past, but I really don't care if it changes.

I am shocked that so many people are up in arms over this. If a FASTPASS return window enforcement policy is a real "problem" to you, life isn't too bad.

Tigger1988

It's ok if you like the change in policy. That's fine. But some people just don't have a clue about how things have been run for years now. There was no loophole, twisting of the system, or rule breaking. That's just how the system operated and I couldn't imagine running into a CM in the parks that would tell any guest that they wouldn't accept late arrivals. I don't know why people don't understand that :shrug:

Exactly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom