Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

dxwwf3

The only issue I see on this is Toy Story and Soarin'. With how fast FP's go in the morning, there is no way to plan when you get the random FP while waiting in line to get one.

Bingo! Those 2 came to mind immediately after hearing the announcement.

JimboJones123

You get a fastpass for anyone of those attractions, put it in your pocket, arrive at the beginning of the window, ride, and then go to your dinner reservation. Where is the problem? :shrug:

By the time you pick up one of those fast passes, the next time you'll be able to get one the windows will be around 9-10pm at the earliest.

10:30 am Sorin spits out evening fastpasses.
1pm Test Track spits out evening fastpasses.
3:30 pm Mission Space spits out evening fastpasses.

Clearly you don't get multiple fastpasses in a day. If you don't get them in this order they run out. These are very legit times. We have had MANY occasions with 2-4 fastpasses in hand with the same time periods. Several times just over Christmas.

As avid fastpassers, I can see there being major problems with lost fastpasses.

wdwfan4ver

I am very happy to see the times being enforced. When I use fastpass in the pass, I only use it on the time frame that the ticket printed a first place. I also don't use a fast pass when I feel I am pushing it close for dining reservations.

If a person has dining reservations with time being too close with a fast past , that person shouldn't have got a fast pass a first place in that case.

I really don't understand why people are really upset over this change. The truth is not following what the Fast pass ticket says actually makes things slower for other people.

draybook

#1 - After our first trip in 2008, we started hoarding FP's and using them at the end of the night. On that first trip we adhered to the times religiously.

#2 - Although I'm not fond of this change, we'll adhere to it without question.

#3 - There sure are a lot of self-righteous folks in here pointing the finger at "FP abusers". Guess what folks, Disney created the problem by not enforcing it, so point your little sticks at them.

#4 - I'm guessing that in the next few years Disney will be making the FP system much like the Dining Reservation setup. You plan ahead, probably about 6 months, and the FP's will come packaged with your resort paperwork or something. The day that this happens will be the day that our dollars stop going to TDO. I'll be d*mned if I have to plan every single minute of my vacation. It no longer becomes a vacation in that scenario.

/edit Oh, and I'd like to see the hard data on how someone who shows up at 7pm really affects the people that are standing in line, as opposed to 1pm when their window was up. I'm not asking for opinions, just facts.

wdwfan4ver

Personally I'll wait and see how it affects me when I'm in the parks.

Five months ago I took some video in Hollywood Studios. One of the Streetmosphere performers announced over the loudspeakers during his routine that Fast Passes are good not just in the return time frame but every hour after for the rest of the day.

So it wasn't even like it was a secret to those in the know. Disney (or this cast member) actively promoted using it late.

Watch here. 6:05 min mark.

http://youtu.be/io8_pO_eqXY
I never heard any Cast Members saying Fast Passes are good for rest of the day and the last day I was at WDW for a full day the day after Labor Day last year.

JimboJones123

#1 - After our first trip in 2008, we started hoarding FP's and using them at the end of the night. On that first trip we adhered to the times religiously.

#3 - There sure are a lot of self-righteous folks in here pointing the finger at "FP abusers". Guess what folks, Disney created the problem by not enforcing it, so point your little sticks at them.

#4 - I'm guessing that in the next few years Disney will be making the FP system much like the Dining Reservation setup. You plan ahead, probably about 6 months, and the FP's will come packaged with your resort paperwork or something. The day that this happens will be the day that our dollars stop going to TDO. I'll be d*mned if I have to plan every single minute of my vacation. It no longer becomes a vacation in that scenario.

I think 90% of the people on these boards will agree with this post 100%.

dhall

Here's another case to think of: crowds gathering near fast pass machines but not actually in line, lurking until the window advances to the time that they want. Most of the FP machines are not in areas that can handle a crowd that's not in line -- if an unpopular time is currently in the window, I can easily imagine a bunch of people just hanging out until a better time is available.

You see it now, sometimes, where a clump of people whose return time is 10 minutes away start gathering in front of the return entrance, interfering with traffic and making getting into the return line a hassle.

the-reason14

This!!! You betta say that, cuz I'm on the same page. I'm feeling like that now after I see how this "new" fp guidline goes into effect. My last trip for awhile may be next month. And this will probably be the first time I don't renew my AP since first getting one back in 2004.

Pioneer Hall

/edit Oh, and I'd like to see the hard data on how someone who shows up at 7pm really affects the people that are standing in line, as opposed to 1pm when their window was up. I'm not asking for opinions, just facts.

I'm thinking that when they start allowing you to pre-book fastpass it will only be a few as an "added perk". Or you will be able to pay for the privilege to do that, but then it would probably be more limited. They don't want to complete throw the off property/day guest out the window. As far as using the pass outside of the window and it affecting the entire process...it most likely won't. The time it would be a problem is if a lot of people with different time windows decide they are all going to go at once. If everyone who got a fastpass that day decided to show up at 6pm, then there would be some madness.

Tori

If a person has dining reservations with time being too close with a fast past , that person shouldn't have got a fast pass a first place in that case.

I really don't understand why people are really upset over this change. The truth is not following what the Fast pass ticket says actually makes things slower for other people.

So what do you expect people to do if they want to ride their favorite acttraction? Hang around the machines untill a time that is good for them comes up?

muteki

I think 90% of the people on these boards will agree with this post 100%.

"I am the 10%"

If you want a vacation completely free of planning, don't go to WDW, go to DL. If you still want to go to WDW, don't expect to be able to do what you want when you want.

jencor

for us it creates a small problem. Being that my wife is handicapped and needs to go back for an afternoon nap, we do not always control when we leave and make it back to the parks. i will not hang around a ride to get a fastpass for the time i want and to push a wheel chair from one side to the next and back is not a lot of fun when you do it for several days. if there was some kind of option of hours, it would be helpful.

zooey

I have no idea of such things, but won't a more efficient and timely FP system make standby lines move quicker? If so, then this is a very good thing, because then planners and the spontaneous get what they want, more or less, or closer to it than before.

draybook

"I am the 10%"

If you want a vacation completely free of planning, don't go to WDW, go to DL. If you still want to go to WDW, don't expect to be able to do what you want when you want.

I agree. If I'm spending anywhere from 2k-6k, why would I expect to have anything done MY way...... :rolleyes:

EOD K9

I really hate the mentality of "it's my vacation and I'll do what I want". I've gotten a fast pass, went to a stand by, then returned at my designated time. It's not that difficult. It becomes a real inconvenience when Fantasmic or Beauty and the Beast would let out and 300 people would rush into TSMM at once. If people used their FPs at the designated times, the stand by line would not have waited so much longer.
The CMs need to take a chunk of 2-5 minutes of stand by rather than drain the FP line. FP is advertised as little to no wait. They can wait five minutes. I've been fortunate enough as a DVC member to visit parks on both coasts and in Europe. TSMM moves a lot faster on just stand by. The times are posted for a reason. When a traffic sign says "No turn on red 7am to 7pm" and a person makes the right turn at 6 pm, I give them a ticket. The traffic sign is obvious and so is the FP return time.
Have a Magical Day!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom