Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

muteki

I think this is a good decision. IMO there is no point to a fastpass system that doesn't enforce return times. I can understand people being bummed about this, but it has never been too much of an issue to keep to the assigned window.

My only other issue is the manner in which the merge point CMs operate, but this enforcement should alleviate problems there as well.

ryno1982

What about this scenerio?

Arrive at Epcot at 10:30 am.

Fastpass 1- Sorin' 6-7 pm
Fastpass 2- Test Track 6:05 - 7:05 pm
Fastpass 3- Mission Space 5:50-6:650 pm

When do you get dinner? Do you pong pong back and forth? Do you skip your 7:30 Nine Dragons reservation?

For us this is a very real scenerio.

SM, BTM, JC at MK
TSM, ToT, R&R at DHS.

Some of these attractions, even with FP are a 40+ minute experience.

Get to the park at opening and walk right on all three.

scoobygirl39541

As others have stated, there are just so many variables into a standard day at the parks that can throw a one hour window off. Let's say you get an incredibly slow waiter at your restaurant (my most recent trip to the Brown Derby comes to mind) or you get stuck on an attraction for 30 minutes due to technical difficulties.

Most of the time, we do use the FP during the time allotted, but I just don't understand why this is needed to be enforced. I am not a big fan of this x-Pass movement at the moment, and it has nothing to do with it being at an extra charge.

Because people take advantage of the system. I'm actually REALLY glad they're finally enforcing this! Before you get a fastpass, try looking at the sign, if it doesn't work for you, move on. For those complaining that you may be on the other side of the park in that hour in between, how about you don't go to the other end of the park during that hour? Or those who said what if you're browsing a shop... how about you check your watch to know when to stop browsing. I really love this change, maybe now the fastpass system will actually be efficient.

timeman

The one example I haven't seen mentioned yet that would cause a problem is what if you have a Fast Pass for a ride like Space Mountain for lets say 4pm - 5pm and you return at your stated time and lo an behold Space Mountain is down and they are not letting anybody in. They finally get the ride back up and running 30 minutes or more after your Fast Pass Expiration time so you are now out of luck and can not use that Fast Pass according to the new rules.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but what happens when the attraction is 101 for the duration of your return time? Are you just SOL?

dxwwf3

Because people take advance of the system.

Not accurate, IMO. CM's usually announce something like "Now Accepting 12:35 or earlier". You guys are making it sound like some guests were cheating the system. Not the case at all.

We all will have to adjust to this, but there was no rule breaking going on before.

scoobygirl39541

I don't see the problem with enforcing the return time. I'm not happy when someone with a 12:30 FP uses it at 7:30 and slows down everyone else (both lines). If you can't commit to the return window, don't get the FP. If you want a later window, come back later for a FP. FP causes so many problems, we usually use standby anyway, especially with the other time demands (restaurants, shops).

It seems cavalier to get a FP on one side of the park, and then go as far away as possible to the other side, with no intention of returning when the FP has a time window printed right on it. Maybe FP users should stay on that side of the park and ride other nearby rides so they can return.

Maybe it is just a prelude to charging for no expiration FP, but I won't be buying that either.

Yes! I agree with this so much! I think its incredibly rude to "collect" FP's all day and use them all at once.

the-reason14

The one example I haven't seen mentioned yet that would cause a problem is what if you have a Fast Pass for a ride like Space Mountain for lets say 4pm - 5pm and you return at your stated time and lo an behold Space Mountain is down and they are not letting anybody in. They finally get the ride back up and running 30 minutes or more after your Fast Pass Expiration time so you are now out of luck and can not use that Fast Pass according to the new rules.

And that's another headache for the poor CP out of Kansas, dealing with a belligerent guest. Then you go to guest relations and complain about the incident and lo and behold they'd give you a fastpass, or a voucher for some free ice cream.

It's all unnecessary imo. Just leave it the way it is. The ones who want to "follow the rules" and be good citizens can come back within their time window, and for those who want to come back whenever..we come back whenever. It's not like everyone knows you can come back anytime after the first hour time window, so what's the problem?

accord99cutie

Premium Member
And that's another headache for the poor CP out of Kansas, dealing with a belligerent guest. Then you go to guest relations and complain about the incident and lo and behold they'd give you a fastpass, or a voucher for some free ice cream.

It's all unnecessary imo. Just leave it the way it is. The ones who want to "follow the rules" and be good citizens can come back within their time window, and for those who want to come back whenever..we come back whenever. It's not like everyone knows you can come back anytime after the first hour time window, so what's the problem?

I don't think there will be as many people complaining about it as some think. I know I can go in after because I am a member of this site. Had I not been I would have no idea, and would not expect to be able to go in after the time. If I had a legit reason, I am sure the attendants would allow me in, or I could go to Guest relations and state my concern there. Anyone who goes to complain about not being let in after there return time better have a better excuse than "But I've been allowed in before after my time!". Those who knew we could go in after the window was over, are the same who are now reading that we can't.

MickeyPeace

Personally I'll wait and see how it affects me when I'm in the parks.

Five months ago I took some video in Hollywood Studios. One of the Streetmosphere performers announced over the loudspeakers during his routine that Fast Passes are good not just in the return time frame but every hour after for the rest of the day.

So it wasn't even like it was a secret to those in the know. Disney (or this cast member) actively promoted using it late.

Watch here. 6:05 min mark.

http://youtu.be/io8_pO_eqXY

the-reason14

I don't think there will be as many people complaining about it as some think. I know I can go in after because I am a member of this site. Had I not been I would have no idea, and would not expect to be able to go in after the time. If I had a legit reason, I am sure the attendants would allow me in, or I could go to Guest relations and state my concern there. Anyone who goes to complain about not being let in after there return time better have a better excuse than "But I've been allowed in before after my time!". Those who knew we could go in after the window was over, are the same who are now reading that we can't.

I'm sure if you're persistent they'd give it to you. And I agree, it may not be a lot of people. The ones that were held up on another ride, show, whatever, they may have some choice words. But I think this whole thing should be left alone. If anything it sounds like this is just a stepping stone for a huge fastpass revamp, hence this xpass crap.

Timekeeper

Disney will later announce that all monorails, ferries, trams, buses, and gift shops will promptly cease operation at the park's posted closing time. MouseGears at 9:10 PM? Doors closed. Ride out to your car parked in row 86? Enjoy the walk. :cry:

This sounds to me like Bank of America announcing its $5 monthly fee for debit card use. :brick:

New policy? The cusotmer will respond. It's as simple as that.

Timekeeper

But the average guest doesn't know they can ignore the end of the return window, so the current system mainly benefits those fanboys--at least the ones who are willing to take advantage of the rule. Heck, I didn't know myself until recently and it's not like I'm some kind of newbie. Our last trip, I was given incorrect info about the LMA times and ended up having to frantically move a dining reservation so I could get us to TSMM in our Fastpass window. I'm sure there are many people who end up missing the window for legitimate reasons but I have to think the bulk of people arriving late plan for it.

As Wdwprince pointed out, CMs are pretty open about it. So I disagree that the "after the window" policy is fanboy info. Similarly, shopping at the gift shops on the way out of the park after the park's posted closing time is also not fanboy info, but a common practice that plenty of guests engage in (unless, of course, there is a hard ticket event overlapping day guests who are leaving the park, which is apparently fanboy info).

mike7904

confused why everyone is so upset by this. have always either gotten back to attraction during the printed timeframe or just not use the fastpass. never tried to use it past the printed on ticket time. come on folks, grow up and deal with it.

DrummerAlly

What about this scenerio?

Arrive at Epcot at 10:30 am.

Fastpass 1- Sorin' 6-7 pm
Fastpass 2- Test Track 6:05 - 7:05 pm
Fastpass 3- Mission Space 5:50-6:650 pm

When do you get dinner? Do you pong pong back and forth? Do you skip your 7:30 Nine Dragons reservation?

For us this is a very real scenerio.

SM, BTM, JC at MK
TSM, ToT, R&R at DHS.

Some of these attractions, even with FP are a 40+ minute experience.

You get a fastpass for anyone of those attractions, put it in your pocket, arrive at the beginning of the window, ride, and then go to your dinner reservation. Where is the problem? :shrug:

By the time you pick up one of those fast passes, the next time you'll be able to get one the windows will be around 9-10pm at the earliest.

Tori

As far as the wait in the standby line goes, if they start enforcing FP return times, you should actually expect the standby wait times to go UP by some degree. Why? Because FP holders who otherwise would have waited until later will now be in the FP line earlier, pushing back the standby line by the appropriate number of guests. It won't be until the end of the day that a positive effect on the standby line will be seen.

I'm so confused.. Why allow 5 minutes early AT ALL? What problem does this solve? And why not just make the return time 5 minutes earlier on the pass (and that still doesn't make sense...) And why have the late leeway, why not extend the window? It's like Disney is saying, "We're going to enforce it...sorta...mostly..."

the-reason14

confused why everyone is so upset by this. have always either gotten back to attraction during the printed timeframe or just not use the fastpass. never tried to use it past the printed on ticket time. come on folks, grow up and deal with it.

And going back within the hour window is your choice. Maybe you do it because it's convenient or maybe you do it because you want to "follow the rules." Either way, everyone should be able to vacation the way they want to, and coming back when it's most convenient is how I like to vacation.

Monsterfan99

The only issue I see on this is Toy Story and Soarin'. With how fast FP's go in the morning, there is no way to plan when you get the random FP while waiting in line to get one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom