News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

lentesta

Premium Member
  1. Please show me a museum that tells you to be creative and try to make the future possible.
  2. Please show me an international travel destination that's represented in World Showcase that is cheaper than Orlando to go to.

Ahhh, you might want to qualify that second point. At current exchange rates and airfares,I'd be surprised if Canada wasn't cheaper than Orlando right now. It looks like most of western Europe is on sale since late last week, too.

Put another way, if I had a couple grand to blow on a trip, a lot of Europe is as cheap today as it has been in a long time. Disney is the most expensive it has ever been.

PorterRedkey

1. Please show me a museum that tells you to be creative and try to make the future possible.
  2. Please show me an international travel destination that's represented in World Showcase that is cheaper than Orlando to go to.
All of them. You don't have to get $100 tickets to get into Europe.

Sure it might cost more, but it is real. Since Walt Disney World doesn't want to invest in emerging me in an experience, I have found myself going to new destinations more. While doing this, I have found that is not much more expensive than a Disney vacation.

Next stop, Grand Caymans, and Belize.

Wikkler

Ahhh, you might want to qualify that second point. At current exchange rates and airfares,I'd be surprised if Canada wasn't cheaper than Orlando right now. It looks like most of western Europe is on sale since late last week, too.

Put another way, if I had a couple grand to blow on a trip, a lot of Europe is as cheap today as it has been in a long time. Disney is the most expensive it has ever been.
Alright, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Germany, and Italy. Right. Forgot Brexit was such a big thing, and tbh I put Canada into the back of my mind.

PorterRedkey

Go to England now! The pound is in the crapper.

The current climate is making a trip to England more possible. Of course, DLP is just a chunnel away. :happy:

brb1006

We rode this ride so many times (during the time of the alphabet tickets) since it didn't require any ticket to ride. This attraction is burned into my Disney brain.
It's still strange to remember a time when Disney attractions required tickets as a person who grew up in the late 90's and early 2000's.

FigmentJedi

Futureworld is about the future, not the past
And yet Future World is symbolized by a ride going through the history of communication starting with cavemen. Not to mention the ride about Energy that goes back to the Big Bang and dinosaurs, and the long gone Epcot dark rides about the history of transportation and futurism.

To create the future, you need to learn from the past and build upon it.

Clamman73

I didn't know Space Mountain had a theme song.

Even nowadays while in Tomorrowland, I always have that RCA song, Now is the Time and If you Had Wings swirling around my head...it's kind of like what was mentioned in previous posts about all the songs associated with Future World pavilions that don't really exist anymore. It's those tunes that really stay with you even 30 years later.
I think you would hear the RCA tune as you walked into Space and then the belt ramp on exit. Can't totally remember though.....

Phantom Mickey

What AAs are broken or missing in Energy? It definitely needs an update (though, who would've predicted that Ellen would be a bigger star now than she was back then?) but the only AA that's missing is the one of her poking a dino with a stick, which I thought was removed because of guest feedback (i.e., it sucked).

As far as I am concerned, UOE needed an update right after ELLEN was added.
I just don't know where they get all these Brain FARTS.

I have the music score from the original UOE attraction and it, as was all of Future Worlds Attractions music scores, was really fabulous. You can find most of them on YouTube. Especially look for the music score for IMAGINATION - EPCOT. What memories that brought back.

aaronml

I hearing some new things are in the works for Epcot. New things for both future world and world showcase. I can't say much more than that.
I know about the FW plans, but how definite is what you are hearing re: WSC? I know about some big stuff that *could* happen depending on how circumstances play out, but none of the officially green-lit projects are anything too big / impressive, at least not in my opinion. Have you heard otherwise? Did one of the potential big projects get officially green lit since a couple of weeks ago?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are you able to say anything about aesthetic improvements to FW that might take place before the main work, such as removing the tarps and pin station, etc?

That I don't know at this time. Once sum of all thrills closes we should start seeing some changes.

There are aesthetic and "landscape" plans as well as bigger things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom