News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Haymarket2008

There's no rush with this presumed completion schedule:

2017 & 2018: Nothing (big) due to complete in Epcot

• EP: Space Restaurant opens
  • EP: Spaceship Earth gets a regular refurb
  • EP: late in year: Gran Fiesta closes for a Coco overhaul
  • EP: fall: Riviera DVC opens

• EP: 3rd Quarter: Rat Ride
  • EP: Coco overhaul opens at Mexico pavilion
  • EP: Innoventions overhaul (most likely demo'd)
  • EP: Illuminations next version

• EP: Spring: Guardians of the Universe of Energy opens
  • EP: Spine renovation
  • EP: some sort of UK Ride
  • EP: Brazil pavilion opens, or 2022
  • EP: Nothing happening in Wonders of Life until maybe at this time or later

• EP: 40th Anniversary
  • EP: Maybe an Imagination renovation, or 2023

• EP: thee new national pavilions by then... maybe

see here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-and-timeline-tracker-v-2.934137/#post-7911463

Right, but what about them beginning work on the Future World cosmetic overhaul? That's quite a large, multi-year undertaking.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Right, but what about them beginning work on the Future World cosmetic overhaul? That's quite a large, multi-year undertaking.

It has been pushed back to the last phase of the current five year plan. They'll just take their time with it. WDW hardly ever tears anything down without a plan to start building immediately after demo is done. And it's not even clear that they know what the final form of the spine renovation will be considering how fuzzy their artist's concept was.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Other than changing out the Circle of Life movie, I'm not sure what changes we'd expect to see in The Land. Living With The Land isn't really going to see many changes I don't think and Soarin' just got upgraded.

The Seas....no idea
Expect decor updates for both pavilions.

LwtL will get a "refresh" and fix a multitude of issues. Harvest Theatre a new film.

Seas could be interesting if proposals come to fruition.

trainplane3

Expect decor updates for both pavilions.

LwtL will get a "refresh" and fix a multitude of issues. Harvest Theatre a new film.

Seas could be interesting if proposals come to fruition.
Seas expansion?
To add to this: It's always surprised me how little the Land has changed. I always felt it would be the one to have a major shift but it never did (theme wise, not ride wise). But I'm glad to hear LwtL will continue to live on. Its' theme song would be a welcome return.

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

I'd be happy if they retooled the Nemo ride so it had more of a focus on teaching guests about the ocean and marine life, which the rest of the pavillion already does quite well. In fact, if you remove the ride from the equation, The Seas with Nemo and Friends is probably the best example of how to properly edutain with an IP at Epcot.

Bocabear

For me, The Land is the last vestige of classic Epcot in Future World. I hope the changes only enhance the experience, not diminish.
The last remodel of the interior of the land completely diminished the specialness of the interior and made it look like a shopping mall food court....I think the thought was to look like a futuristic airport, but it doesn't really come off...they should go back to a more organic approach and give The Land Pavilion a theme appropriate makeover... People LOVE themed environments... a shopping mall food court is not a themed environment....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom