News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Fun fact: Some of the Epcot background music is also used at DisneySea, in the Port Discovery area

Edit: oh, and there's a mash up of different Epcot and other themes in the queue for Iron Man at HKDL...apparently not doing much on original music there.

FerretAfros

Fun fact: Some of the Epcot background music is also used at DisneySea, in the Port Discovery area
Even more fun fact: some of that music includes a mashup of Reflections of Earth and We've Just Begun to Dream. It works so well that you have to wonder if We've Just Begun to Dream was actually used as the basis for the Reflections of Earth score; it's also fascinating that this arrangement has never made its way into Epcot, despite both songs being played daily in the park. The mashup can be heard at the beginning of this video:

Although the port's placemaking is pretty weak by TDS standards, Port Discovery has one of my favorite music loops of any Disney park. It also uses some of the score from Atlantis, which is one of Disney's most underrated pieces of music IMO

trainplane3

Even more fun fact: some of that music includes a mashup of Reflections of Earth and We've Just Begun to Dream. It works so well that you have to wonder if We've Just Begun to Dream was actually used as the basis for the Reflections of Earth score; it's also fascinating that this arrangement has never made its way into Epcot, despite both songs being played daily in the park. The mashup can be heard at the beginning of this video:

Although the port's placemaking is pretty weak by TDS standards, Port Discovery has one of my favorite music loops of any Disney park. It also uses some of the score from Atlantis, which is one of Disney's most underrated pieces of music IMO
Firstly, I just learned something today. Second, do you release how hard it is to send a .mp3 over the internet? That'd explain why it never made it here.

Really though, they probably wouldn't want to play parts of the music for their night show constantly during the day. Would probably make it "feel less special"?

WDWTank

And Imagineering can continue their weird story tangent that an off-brand version of the Monterrey Bay Aquarium somehow has the budget/funding to push their oceanography and marine biology research forward with crazy super-science stuff.

Imagine a de-Nemo'd and upgraded version of Seas designed by James Cameron and Lightstorm with some relation to the SeaOrbiter project. That's what I'd love to see.
Disney should partner up with James Cameron to make his work appear at Disney! :happy: Aliens, Titanic, The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day. If they can relocate Terminator 2: 3D to Disney, I'd lose one of my incentives for visiting Universal :) I'd love to see it at Disney :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney should partner up with James Cameron to make his work appear at Disney! :happy: Aliens, Titanic, The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day. If they can relocate Terminator 2: 3D to Disney, I'd lose one of my incentives for visiting Universal :) I'd love to see it at Disney :)

Aliens has been tried twice already.

BlindChow

Aliens has been tried twice already.
When was this? :eek:

There was an Alien scene in the GMR; however, that was a scene from the first film, not Aliens. [Also hardly an argument against a further "Alien" presence, if you were suggesting it had already been tried (and thus "failed") before...]

Maybe Alien Encounter? That was (at the very least) a very bastardized version of any of the Alien movies, with no overt reference to any other outside IP. Opening an actual "Aliens" ride (esp. with James Cameron's involvement) would yield much different results, I suspect. :D

Last edited:

montyz81

Thanks for this. Just downloaded a whole bunch of this music from Youtube.

2351metalcloud

Any chance we see a loose tie or parallel with some of the WESTCOT proposals? The Wonders of Living, The Wonders of Earth and The Wonders of Space are largely represented already in Epcot so some sort of "Ventureport" renaming of Future World could be in order.

Given that they are closing Disney Quest which had a 'Ventureport' area, I wonder if they could move some of the arcade stuff from there to part or all of Innoventions and/or put in new arcade stuff there. Maybe it could serve as something that 'centers' Future World and maybe help relate the pavilions together more somehow. The area could be like the world of Wreck It Ralph and could bring back something more like the old Innoventions arcade or something more to do with the idea for a Tron arcade* that there apparently was at one time. Wreck It Ralph is kind of like Tron. This would also help Disney have something possibly similar to Universal's future Nintendo area.

Maybe Innoventions could be called Ventureport and the rest of Future World could be called Venture Expo, Venture Fair, or if they like rhyming Venture Center. World Showcase could be given a similar style of name like Worldport (from a Port Disney area idea), Worldbay, Worldcove, Venturebay, or Venturecove. Although, Innoventions is maybe kind of far from the main body of water to be called a port and maybe World Showcase seems kind of spread out to be called a cove.

I'm not sure how much traditional EPCOT fans would like the idea, but the arcade could even try to have a retro theming from the 80s to keep it based on a time period to help it from seeming 'outdated' years from now. This could also be applied at least to the exterior of some or all other pavilions in Future World. However, this could just be used as an excuse to not refurbish areas and keep them like they have been rather than keeping some areas reminiscent of the 80's, but also looking good and well-maintained. Interestingly, the character Peter Quill from GOTG left Earth in the 80's and is very interested in 80's music. He even seems reminiscent in some ways of Captain EO.

*www.jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2010/03/10/test.aspx
Heck there were plans when the first TRON movie came out to have a TRON Arcade in EPCOT in 82....
tron%2Barcade.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member

There was an Alien scene in the GMR; however, that was a scene from the first film, not Aliens. [Also hardly an argument against a further "Alien" presence, if you were suggesting it had already been tried (and thus "failed") before...]

Maybe Alien Encounter? That was (at the very least) a very bastardized version of any of the Alien movies, with no overt reference to any other outside IP. Opening an actual "Aliens" ride (esp. with James Cameron's involvement) would yield much different results, I suspect. :D

Supposedly Alien Encounter was going to be based on the Ridley Scott franchise, but then it got changed.

Cmdr_Crimson

Supposedly Alien Encounter was going to be based on the Ridley Scott franchise, but then it got changed.

You can clearly see in the original attraction trailer that the Alien's outline looks like a Xenomorph...

SpaceMountain77

Sadly, it seems as though the future of the last original attraction in Future World is now uncertain. Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And, for 35 years, we have been among the passengers of Spaceship Earth.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Sadly, it seems as though the future of the last original attraction in Future World is now uncertain. Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And, for 35 years, we have been among the passengers of Spaceship Earth.

Translation: Siemens has..........."pulled out"

(sorry, couldn't help that one)

Figment Newton

I've always listened to Disney BGM music on youtube, but is there any way to safely download BGM music? I saw Mousebits.com but I don't know if I need an account for it or not.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've always listened to Disney BGM music on youtube, but is there any way to safely download BGM music? I saw Mousebits.com but I don't know if I need an account for it or not.
You'll need to sign up (for free) and have a torrent client (program) - all for free.

Mousebits has tonnes of material you won't find on YouTube (nothing commercial)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom