News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I was in the odyssey recently and noticed the beautiful view from the windows of the Showcase. I think it would be great to see them remodel the location and open that view up again.

I've always wondered why this location never worked. Associate it with a celebrity chef, remodel it, clean up the swamp that is sits on top of, it would be a $$ success.

rocketraccoon

Are they as much of a time capsule as the Imagination bathrooms and their original Imagination pavilion BGM music loop?
The ones inside have no music whatsoever oddly enough. At the very least since Festival of the Arts when the place was last open for business. Bit nicer than the Imagination ones.

cml4314

Odyssey also houses the baby care center for Epcot

During my last trip, with a nursing infant, I spent an inordinate amount of time there. Would have been pretty nice if it were still an open restaurant, I'd have popped in for food at least a couple of times.

castlecake2.0

Odyssey also houses the baby care center for Epcot

During my last trip, with a nursing infant, I spent an inordinate amount of time there. Would have been pretty nice if it were still an open restaurant, I'd have popped in for food at least a couple of times.

Also hosts the cast member cafeteria with a Subway. Mmmmmm mmm!

Actually there was one time I was having lunch and there was this older couple sitting at one of the tables in the cafeteria. The husband was reading the paper and the wife having a sandwhich. They weren't in costume or anything. It just looked... odd. Like they had somehow stumbled down the restroom hallway and found the cafeteria and thought it looked like a nice place to eat.

Kman101

I've always favored the area next to the International Gateway for IASW as a way to "welcome" folks coming in that entrance. Of course, it sounds like the expansion space in that area will actually be utilized in the near future.

That was always my thought on IASW in Epcot.

And yes, everyone, we know that it isn't happening :)

RSoxNo1

That would be an enormous waste of resources.
Any worse than the current placement of "it's a small world" in Fantasyland? Yes, moving an attraction can constitute "a waste of resources" but only if there isn't a reason to move it. Relocating it's a small world opens up a huge area in Fantasyland where multiple attractions can be added that better fit the updated feel (see: not tent facades) of the Enchanted Forest area of Fantasyland.

If I had my way, I'd have it's a small world in Epcot and a Speedway equivalent in DHS to facilitate the necessary improvements to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom