Biergarten Music Question

goofyfan13

Original Poster
Does anyone know the name of the song that they sing in Biergarten when toasting? Its one of those songs that I always get stuck in my head, but have no idea how to find it.

Thanks! :wave:

brkgnews

I thought it was "Ein Prosit"
(just based on what I saw on one of their albums at the store there).

EDIT: Further from another site...
Eins, Zwei, Drei, g'suffa
(With Beer stein/glass in hand)

Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der gemiitlichkeit
Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit, der gemiitlichkeit
(Cheer!) Eins, zwei, Drei g'suffa!
Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi,
Zicke, zacke, zicke, zacke, hoi, hoi, hoi,
Prosit

(From: http://www.oldworld.ws/okinfo.html)

brkgnews

Hehheh... That's all you really need to know.

I survived ten days in France with...
Combien est'ce ca coute? (How much does that cost?)
Je voudrais un coca avec la glace. (I would like a Coke with ice.)
Ou est la toilette? (Where's the john?)

jb1602b

As a student studying German (and after considerable cultural "research" :animwink: ), I can confirm that it is indeed "ein Prosit" which means "Cheers!" The song lyrics posted above are a little phonetic, but they'll do the trick.

If you really want to impress others with your German cultural knowledge, it's customary at the real Oktoberfest to first bang your mug back on the table before taking your drink.

Tschuess!

hokielutz

If you really want to impress others with your German cultural knowledge, it's customary at the real Oktoberfest to first bang your mug back on the table before taking your drink.

Tschuess!

Hopefully you don't have to bang the mug too hard... else a lot of the beer will never make it down your throat

goofyfan13

Original Poster
As a student studying German (and after considerable cultural "research" :animwink: ), I can confirm that it is indeed "ein Prosit" which means "Cheers!" The song lyrics posted above are a little phonetic, but they'll do the trick.

Tschuess!

Thats awesome, I'm gonna try and learn German pretty soon. When I go on active duty with the Air Force I want to get stationed in Germany, and learning a language is the easiest way to get sent somewhere. It's been something I've wanted to do for a long time(go to Germany that is).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Exactly how many different shows go on at the Biergarten? We just got back from a trip and had a long leisurely dinner there. We sat through two shows. The first featured the band playing and singing and everyone danced. Traditional German songs I wasn't very familiar with. The second featured instruments (the crazy giant horn things, wood blocks, etc.) and songs like the Chicken Dance and ziggy zoggy (i.e. songs that wedding attenders are familiar with). We then went outside and watched Illuminations. Fantastic evening for the family. I just wondered how many different iterations of the show they have.

brkgnews

I knew those weren't the correct phonetics on there -- no umlauts, etc... but it got the point across.

Two answer a previous question, I think there are roughly two shows in rotation. I always sit through a couple of them.

Tiggerfanatic

the word is Gemütlichkeit (capital G) ... gemiitlichkeit sounds jiddish :lol:

if you need a german expert/teacher .. I'm your man :ROFLOL:

I'll need to refer DD17 to your post - she's obsessed with all things German. Even bought herself some "Teach Yourself to Speak German" books with her Christmas money (our school is a pretty small and only offers Spanish and French) Planning on majoring on International Studies next year with an eye on moving to Europe :)cry: :cry: - this is me and Dh when she goes!!)

jb1602b

Better make sure your daughter likes economics if she wants to combine German and international studies. That's why I'm no longer an international studies major :animwink:

I also recall there being two different shows.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
y5av0.jpg

Tuba8415

Does anyone here know the titles of the Traditional songs they perform? Looking to perform an Oktoberfest gig and would love to learn some songs!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom