Bibbidi bobbidi boutique

Jaly05

Our trip is less than 4 weeks away! We have reservations at bibbidi bobbidi boutique at MK which I made 6 months ago for her birthday . My 8 yr old dd was really into princesses but in the last couple months has shown less interest. When asked she said she still wanted to keep the reservation but wasn't sure if she wanted to wear the costume we have for her. Is it uncommon for girls to go but instead of a princess costume wear a really cute dress instead? She loves the idea of getting her hair done and nails painted, but would rather wear regular clothes. I know it's fine but just curious whether it's common or not.

britdaw

I think it's fairly common. I know several friends with daughters who don't like to get the dress, but still love the experience of getting their hair and makeup done. It's like a little girls' spa, and I think she'd love it even if she's outgrowing the princesses. :)

Upvote 0

Ted Daggett

I would say that more people do not have costumes on than have the costumes on. My girls have gone to BBB three times, when they were 6 and 3, they wore costumes. When they were 7 and 4, the 4 year old wore a costume. When they were 9 and 6 neither of them wore a costume. We went again this past spring when they were 11 and 9, and neither of them even wanted to do the BBB... I think the experience of having a fairy god mother make up their hair is more fun than wearing the costume.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
No costume required and no stigma associated with it that I've seen. Each person is in their own chair doing Thor own thing with their own Fairy God Motjer in training. My daughter has done it both ways. In hindsight, she found the princess dress to be fairly impractical for being in the parks and doubt rides, sitting curbside for a parade, etc.. It's nice for pictures and eating at CRT but after that it's a pain.

Upvote 0

PinnySmart

No costume required and no stigma associated with it that I've seen. Each person is in their own chair doing Thor own thing with their own Fairy God Motjer in training. My daughter has done it both ways. In hindsight, she found the princess dress to be fairly impractical for being in the parks and doubt rides, sitting curbside for a parade, etc.. It's nice for pictures and eating at CRT but after that it's a pain.
"Each person is in their own chair doing Thor". I hope that's a typo and doesn't really happen in BBB.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I see girl in shorts and tees all the time. Most of them try to get a second day out of the hair do before washing, however if she is not so much into the princess thing anymore you might consider switching to the Pirates League, the do a really cute mermaid and it cost less than the Bibbiti Bobiiti .

Upvote 0

DisneyDreamer08

We recently did the smallest package- hair, nails & makeup for $60. We brought our own dress from home. My daughter got to take home a super cute canvas bag filled with the makeup, nail polish and face gems used on her, a sash, plus the tiara & Mickey clip they put in her hair. It was completely worth it! The prices go up from there, into the $200 range, if you want to purchase a dress, shoes, crown etc while you are there.

Upvote 0

Mandy-mom

Thank you. Think we will do $60
Package and bring a dress from home. She has never been to Disney. We are going the week of her 7th birthday. Anything else that u suggest that we for sure do?

Upvote 0

Disney4family

My daughter did it twice. I know this part of childhood is so fleeting so I was willing to pay for anything and everything before the magic changed for her.
As all moms say, she is beautiful and would have made a beautifully dressed princess. (Actually, she was approached 4 times last summer by CMs to audition to be a princess. I was willing to stay and help her with that, but my husband said something silly about my having to go back to work to pay for the trip & that she should at least go to 8th grade first...)
As beautiful as she is and as much as she now enjoys seeing the little ones dressed up, she's finds the princess costumes itchy. We have wonderful pictures and memories of her in her sash and princess t-shirt - for both times. Neither of us regret her choice of outfits. I'm so glad she experienced it and loved it in her own way.

Upvote 0

Thecorsi4

Our trip is less than 4 weeks away! We have reservations at bibbidi bobbidi boutique at MK which I made 6 months ago for her birthday . My 8 yr old dd was really into princesses but in the last couple months has shown less interest. When asked she said she still wanted to keep the reservation but wasn't sure if she wanted to wear the costume we have for her. Is it uncommon for girls to go but instead of a princess costume wear a really cute dress instead? She loves the idea of getting her hair done and nails painted, but would rather wear regular clothes. I know it's fine but just curious whether it's common or not.
We have had the girls there twice, both time they have worn their princess dresses, just for dinner- we try and get the BBB for around the same time as our Cinderella castle dinner. then they both want to change after- Princess dresses are fantastic for dinner but a little hard to manage on the rides.

Upvote 0
We're staying at the Poly and I currently have a 2:20pm BBB at the MK and a 9:30am BBB at Disney Springs for my 3.5 year old daughter. I know the DS location is larger, but I'm not sure it's worth all of the extra traveling... I assume the MK has everything that the DS location offers, it's just larger? They both have photographers and a cute place for photos? Thanks!

Upvote 0

Thecorsi4

We're staying at the Poly and I currently have a 2:20pm BBB at the MK and a 9:30am BBB at Disney Springs for my 3.5 year old daughter. I know the DS location is larger, but I'm not sure it's worth all of the extra traveling... I assume the MK has everything that the DS location offers, it's just larger? They both have photographers and a cute place for photos? Thanks!
Same offerings just different locations so they can get more people through the door

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom