BGT Tiger Cubs

danpam1024

Original Poster
Anyone local know what happened with one of the 3 tiger cubs- I know he had a rare and quite serious illness- mast cell disease and was wondering if he has been "cured". Last time we were there they remained "hopeful"-that was in August. I can't find anything about him.

KJ1081

Mast cell tumors cannot be cured- it's a form of cancer. If you remove the tumors surgically, eventually (could be days, weeks, or even years) they will grow again somewhere else. He's be on an anti-histamine for the rest of his life to help control the spread, but his life will be significantly shorter. Some animals live with mast cell cancer for years, others succumb in weeks. Its quite common in domestic cats and dogs.

nepalostparks

He's doing relatively well. He's the smallest of the three cubs... as of about a month ago he was at 92 pounds, while both of his sisters were a little over 100. He can be seen on habitat with his sisters and mother on a fairly regular basis.

danpam1024

Original Poster
He's doing relatively well. He's the smallest of the three cubs... as of about a month ago he was at 92 pounds, while both of his sisters were a little over 100. He can be seen on habitat with his sisters and mother on a fairly regular basis.
Thanks- I saw them in August- they are just beautiful!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom