Better late than never. Honeymoon Trip Report August 2010

Well, first off, if i'd have known about this area of the forum when i joined in october, i would have uploaded a trip report then, so i apologise for the lateness of my report.
Secondly, my name is clare. i'm 22 years old, and hail from the sunny land of Birmingham, United Kingdom. myself and my new husband, james, visited the world from august 16th - august 30th 2010 for our honeymoon! we were married on the 14th of august 2010.
here we are:

DSC_0840.jpg

our plan for our 2 week get away was roughly this:

august 16th: arrive in florida.
august 17th: chillout and explore.
our first sunday there: pool day as shuttle doesn't run to the world.
one of the days: meet up with my chief bridesmaid who just happened to be in the florida area for the same 2 weeks,
and another day: meet up with my cousin for a day at the parks / meal.
other days: fill with MK, AK, MGM, EPCOT, Blizzard beach, typhoon lagoon, and DTD. with a pool day thrown in somewhere.

as you can see, we didn't have much of a fixed plan like most of you guys. we just went with the flow.

so having a blast at our wedding on the saturday, the sunday marked a 3 hour drive down to gatwick airport in london for our 8 hour flight to the sunny state of florida!
DSCN0663-400.jpg

thankfully they had some good entertainment on the flight.

(just so you know, also, i took over 2000 photos during this trip, so this may be a bit picture heavy! i've resized all the photos though to be less than 50kb so they shouldn't take too long to load.)

we checked in at our hotel, Pointe Orlando Hotel, just off I-Drive. we were well impressed. we had a free upgrade! the room was amazing. it had a jacuzzi tub, a huge bed, a fully fitted kitchen, washer and dryer, and a lovely view.

DSCN0678-400.jpg

DSCN0668-400.jpg

DSCN0675-400.jpg

the next day, after a bit of a strange nights sleep due to the time difference, we decided to have an explore of I drive and a pool day.

DSCN0687-400.jpg

fogged up our camera lol.

DSCN0689-400.jpg

DSCN0711-400.jpg

a present off one of my mates for our wedding day.

DSCN0724-400.jpg

the only way james can float... ha

DSCN0754-400.jpg

and we dined at one of americas greats.

now onto the good stuff.

day 2: DISNEY WORLD! Magic Kingdom

now, just so you know, we just decided to go to whatever park we felt like when we woke up in the morning. we had no plans, no adr's (didn't know you needed them) no nothing. all we knew was the pickup was at 8.30am, and we would be collected at 6.30pm.

pumpkin7

Original Poster
hello fellow brits! i see le twins day is also from birmingham... where abouts? i'm in the beautiful area that is bartley green... LOL.

and well yeah, i was just hoping to leave the rain at home. i thought it might give me a break seen as it rained on my wedding day also. lol. oh well.

it wasn't raining every day. i think we had a good 3 or 4 days without any at all. it's the time of year we went. still didn't destroy the disney magic :D

PeoplemoverTTA

Congrats on your wedding (and anniversary :)). Your TR is a ton of fun. I almost always stay on property so I like seeing your I-Drive adventures!

Le Twins Day

In the Parks
No
hello neighbour, well if you call Great Barr close to you :ROFLOL:. have enjoyed your TR. never got around to doing ours from last may. we took our 3 year old twins for the 1st time - they celebrated there 4th birthday there - my wife and me have been over 20 times in the past and still cant get enough of WDW. saving for our next trip in 2013 seems a lifetime away:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom