Better at WDW?

Kate F

Original Poster
A lot of people seem to think that WDW gets the short end of the stick when it comes to the quality of their rides versus other parks, particularly Disneyland. However, I think there are quite a few rides where the WDW comes out on top, most notably Splash Mountain, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and the Haunted Mansion. I actually made a whole detailed list of the rides I consider to be better at Walt Disney World than Disneyland:
https://www.thetoptens.com/rides-are-better-walt-disney-than-disneyland/

As well as a list for the other way around:
https://www.thetoptens.com/rides-are-better-disneyland-than-walt-disney/

What rides to you consider to be better at WDW?

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Of the ones I've ridden at both DLR and WDW, I mostly agree with you.

Space Mountain - DL wins hands down when it comes to the ride, but the queue winds around a bunch outdoors in TL. At MK, you're immersed in the attraction nearly from the get-go.

IASW - DL slightly edges out MK. The exterior at DL is one of the best of any attraction at either resort. The transitions between rooms are better at DL. The inclusion of Disney characters isn't bothersome, with the exception of Toy Story. But the finale room at MK is better.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

I thought that WDW gets everything when compared to Disneyland. I mean, four theme parks and two water parks? That ultimately makes it the better Disney park. Of course, im only basing my opinion on the amount of things to do, and not the quality of it.
That is like saying 10 rotten apples are better than one fresh, ripe apple because, you know, more apples.

AndyS2992

Put Disneyland Paris in to the mix and you will find Paris (imo anyway) has by far the best:
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Space Mountain
-Haunted Mansion (Phantom Manor)
-Pirates of the Caribbean
-It's a Small World

Paris is a must for any Disney park fan. My only gripe with DLP is that the atmosphere is off but I dont know why.

Last edited:

rodserling27

Splash Mountain is vastly superior to its DL counterpart. Haunted Mansion's extra scenes give it bonus points for sure, but DL maintains theirs better (not to mention the Hatbox Ghost!). I actually think many MK attractions are better at DL...Pirates blows away MK's, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, it's a small world, BTMR....

Surfin' Tuna

Splash Mountain better at WDW. It's sad, but that's the only one I can think of right now. IASW might be better at WDW only because I cannot understand why they decided to shoehorn the characters in there.

It bothers me to no end that they had a chance to make PoC so much better with all the extra space at WDW, but they failed. The same could be said for IASW, although I think it was perfect the way it was originally conceived. With PoC being ruined it doesn't matter much, but DL is still better.

Oh wait...here's something that will make WDW leaps and bounds better...the Minnie Van

ChristyKay

Put Disneyland Paris in to the mix and you will find Paris (imo anyway) has by far the best:
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Space Mountain
-It's a Small World

Paris is a must for any Disney park fan. My only grip with DLP is that the atmosphere is off but I dont know why.
I went to DLP a few years ago not knowing what to expect and LOVED it. I went in July and the weather was nice and there was barely anyone there. Never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a ride. I liked their version of Space Mountain better, and they also had a Crush themed coaster than was really fun. They have a lot more thrill rides IMO.
However I agree with you that the atmosphere is off. I feel like the CMs weren't nearly as friendly, and the French guests seemed surprised to see American's there. Got a lot of strange looks while speaking English, even though the parks first language is English. Also, I know it's a culture thing but the people there don't understand the concept of waiting in a line. If we weren't walking fast enough in a queue, someone would just run right past you. Drove me crazy.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Space Mountain
-It's a Small World

Paris is a must for any Disney park fan. My only gripe with DLP is that the atmosphere is off but I dont know why.

The Gallic hatred of the english speaking world is all, Speak french and you will have an entirely different experience.

Kate F

Original Poster
Splash Mountain better at WDW. It's sad, but that's the only one I can think of right now. IASW might be better at WDW only because I cannot understand why they decided to shoehorn the characters in there.

It bothers me to no end that they had a chance to make PoC so much better with all the extra space at WDW, but they failed. The same could be said for IASW, although I think it was perfect the way it was originally conceived. With PoC being ruined it doesn't matter much, but DL is still better.

Oh wait...here's something that will make WDW leaps and bounds better...the Minnie Van
What about the Tower of Terror? Ignoring the fact that it's been taken over by the Guardians, California's has always been considered vastly inferior to WDW's. Jungle Cruise as well just because of the Temple scene, and though it's not a major attraction, Winnie the Pooh (though Tokyo beats that out easily). Astro Orbiter? Haunted Mansion?

Surfin' Tuna

I agree with ToT, but I did not want to open a Guardians argument. Haunted Mansion is better at WDW, but the poor upkeep bothers me. Sometimes it's difficult to do an apples to apples because of the intangibles such as upkeep, which probably shouldn't be part of the comparison. Also the Minnie Van thing was sarcasm - just for the record.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom