Best/ Worst WDW ride?

redjebvt

Best: Splash Mountain - best mix of thrill, audio-animatronics, scale, length, scenery, etc. (even though HM is really my personal fave)

Worst: Journey Into Imagination - only ride in all of WDW that had me thinking "well, there's 6 minutes of my life that I'll never get back."

Magenta Panther

Best: Tower of Terror

Worst: Space Mountain. I don't hate it like I hate Stitch, but it's no fun at all. You get jerked around and slammed and then walk off the thing with aches and pains (at least I did , last time - and I do mean "last time" - I rode it. And I'm young.) Also, the whole thing looks very dated. SM needs a major refurb too.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
Best: Tower of Terror

Worst: Space Mountain. I don't hate it like I hate Stitch, but it's no fun at all. You get jerked around and slammed and then walk off the thing with aches and pains (at least I did , last time - and I do mean "last time" - I rode it. And I'm young.) Also, the whole thing looks very dated. SM needs a major refurb too.

Really? U don't like Space Mountain? It's not my 100% fav, but its up there

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
I like that format, so I'm going to borrow it.

Best - Haunted Mansion
Worst - Little Mermaid

Honorable Mention - Peter Pan
Dishonorable Mention - Nemo and Friends

Alright, I'll try that format:
Best: Expedition Everest
Worst: (If Stitch isn't counted as a ride), Goofy's Barnstormer

Honorable Mention: Splash Mountain(one of the 1st rides I ever rode @ WDW)
Dishonorable mention: Energy

bethymouse

Best: Test Track for my family ( twin 10 year old boys):D
Worst: 3 Caballeros Boat Ride at EPCOT ( the Mexico Pavilion needs something newer and exciting, but what?);)

FettFan

Best: The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. Why is it the best?
1. There's barely ever a line.
2. It's gentle and relaxing....a good way to get some quiet time.
3. It's the ultimate place for people-watching.

Worst: Kali River Rapids. Why is it the worst?
1. It was a great concept that was heavily cut down due to budget constraints.
2. It barely lasts four minutes and only has one drop.....most rides of this nature range from 7-8 minutes (Grizzly River Run at DCA lasts 7:20) with at least two drops and a few more twists and turns.
3. There are barely any rapids to the Kali River Rapids. I actually think Maelstrom's oil rig scene may have been more turbulent at times...
4. The effects are either broken or permanently turned off. When it first opened, the truck would literally be sliding right down into the water....now it just sits there, driverless with its wheels turning. On my last visit, the fire effects were barely there, and the chainsaw noises were gone. Meaning that....
5. The entire message of wilderness preservation and dangers of overlogging are gone the way of Little Red and Ranger Wilson.

J_Carioca

Best: Test Track for my family ( twin 10 year old boys):D
Worst: 3 Caballeros Boat Ride at EPCOT ( the Mexico Pavilion needs something newer and exciting, but what?);)

No no no no noooooooooo! The 3 Cabarellos is wonderful. It's a gentle ride that everyone in the family can enjoy, plus it's so unique in that it goes past the diners in the pavilion. But more importantly, it preserves the 3 Caballeros characters, who form a very interesting part of Disney history (ref: Walt and El Grupo). I would be devastated if they took them away.

J_Carioca

Best: The Tomorrowland Transit Authority Peoplemover. Why is it the best?
1. There's barely ever a line.
2. It's gentle and relaxing....a good way to get some quiet time.
3. It's the ultimate place for people-watching.

Worst: Kali River Rapids. Why is it the worst?
1. It was a great concept that was heavily cut down due to budget constraints.
2. It barely lasts four minutes and only has one drop.....most rides of this nature range from 7-8 minutes (Grizzly River Run at DCA lasts 7:20) with at least two drops and a few more twists and turns.
3. There are barely any rapids to the Kali River Rapids. I actually think Maelstrom's oil rig scene may have been more turbulent at times...
4. The effects are either broken or permanently turned off. When it first opened, the truck would literally be sliding right down into the water....now it just sits there, driverless with its wheels turning. On my last visit, the fire effects were barely there, and the chainsaw noises were gone. Meaning that....
5. The entire message of wilderness preservation and dangers of overlogging are gone the way of Little Red and Ranger Wilson.

I agree with your dismay about the conservation message being watered down (no pun intended). However, I still think Kali is great for many reasons. The queue is one of the most intricate and lovely (and still has the conservation message, btw), the ascending ramp is very beautiful with the statues and tealights along the sides, and the drop is still pretty great, even if it's only one! There is often a sense of fun and anticipation on that ride that you miss with others, partly because on Kali you're often seated straight across from strangers, and it creates a sense of cameraderie.

And there's no way it's worse that Stitch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom