Best WDW podcast on ITunes?!

Rose&Crowner

Original Poster
so with iOS8 I've decided to start listening to podcasts.... Who has suggestions for the best WDW ones on iTunes? Looks like there's a bunch.

bgraham34

I do WDW Radio for all the Koolaid you can drink.
Inside the Magic for Orlando Area Theme Park News but mostly Disney
Enchanted Tiki Talk for just 3 guys honest opinions and Disney Celeb Interviews.
Communicore Weekly for Fun segments and Disney history.

RodSerling123

It's not an iTunes podcast but there's an app in the App Store called subsonic that has a lot of choices of radio stations all of disney music and disney park music. I highly recommend it

DVCPluto

Love WDW radio! Always positive and lifts my mood when I'm feeling eh.

The Dis is good for news, but I honestly haven't enjoyed it lately - too many people in the studio. Lots of laughing and I feel like there are inside jokes that I'm not privy to. Or maybe it's just me!

Great thread! Can't wait to try some new ones!!

Shadowgate

I like WDW radio but it can be a bit too positive at times glossing over things that really can't have a positive spin IMHO. I actually have listened to a bunch of other WDW podcasts but I think I like WDW Today the best as it isn't a ton of negativity but they will point out things that, I too ,would consider poor choices on Disney's part. It has good information and has people that have good sources of information. The other that I enjoy is Mouse Chat which also is a middle of the road view on WDW and can have good information and discussions but it can get off topic at times.

lilclerk

I'm a podcast fiend. WDWToday, WEDWay Radio, The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish, and Be Our Guest are the only Disney ones I listen to anymore. Oh and I do like the Disney Food Blog podcast, but it's posted very rarely.

I generally prefer podcasts to be on the silly side. These shows are all pretty goofy, if a tad inaccurate on occasion.

Rose&Crowner

Original Poster
Wonderful! With all of theses suggestions I listen to Disney podcasts exclusively. So long NPR and Michael Smirconish....

216bruce

Not necessarily about WDW, but the Walt Disney Family Museum podcasts- only about a half dozen- are wonderful for Disney history. I also just downloaded a bunch from The Disney History Institute, but haven't listened to them yet. They sound very promising.
So many of the other ones sound like, as stated earlier, you are missing the joke or folks are on laughing gas. Upbeat is great, but giggly is over the top.

Marc Gil

I like Inside The Magic. I've been listening to Ricky for YEARS....

I just recently started listening to Communicore Weekly, which is quite fascinating. It could be a bit silly at times, but some of the stuff they cover is extremely interesting.

Doodlyday

Inside The magic for news and overall nerdom
WDW Today for just people talking about Disney
WDW Radio for interesting facts
and Resortloop.com Podcast for just two guy goofing around and talking Disney.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Another vote for WDW Today. @lentesta, Newell, Scopa, and Hochberg have a great time on that show. I Love the "Disney games" they recently started doing as well. My favorite is where he describes an attraction in reverse and you have to guess what it is. Also, One of our own residents, @lebeau has a great show. Great mix of Disney and movies.

lebeau

Another vote for WDW Today. @lentesta, Newell, Scopa, and Hochberg have a great time on that show. I Love the "Disney games" they recently started doing as well. My favorite is where he describes an attraction in reverse and you have to guess what it is. Also, One of our own residents, @lebeau has a great show. Great mix of Disney and movies.

Thanks, man. Our show, Lebeau's Le Show, is still in its infancy. My co-host and I have been experimenting with different ideas every show. We have finally worked out some of the technical elements we have been dealing with. So the sound quality on the next show should be the best ever. I feel like we're in a state of constant improvement and I fully expect the next episode to be our best yet.

Both Daffy (my cohost) and I are big Disney fans. We've done a Disney World episode. But mostly, we cover movies because that's what the majority of the site's readership is interested in. Our previous episode was about time travel movies. We were joined by Dan from the Annie and Danny FastPass podcast. They actually talked about this thread in their most recent podcast. Since all three of use are Disney fans, we had about a 20-minute conversation about going back in time and meeting Walt Disney. Ultimately, that part of the conversation got cut from the show. Here's a clip of that episode in which we discus the Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, Time Cop.

Anyway, thanks @wdisney9000 for listening and for the plug. And thanks to anyone who checks us out. We'll be recording our next episode this weekend so you can look forward to a new show sometime next week. We're taking a look at the controversial career of former Saturday Night Live super star, Chevy Chase. I think it's going to be fun. Also, since I'm pluging, we're running a brackets game for former SNL cast members over at the site if anyone wants to play along.

If you want to listen on iTunes, you can do so here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom