Best way to get to Universal from the Pop/AoA

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Finally we are planning to go to Universal too when we visit WDW this December. Because we are at least considering to stay at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort for 2 nights to see Universal instead of going to Universal from WDW, we would like to know which ways are there existing to get to Universal from WDW or more specific, from the Pop/AoA resort area? And which ways are the best, what do they cost?
Thanks a lot.

BrerJon

Finally we are planning to go to Universal too when we visit WDW this December. Because we are at least considering to stay at the Cabana Bay Beach Resort for 2 nights to see Universal instead of going to Universal from WDW, we would like to know which ways are there existing to get to Universal from WDW or more specific, from the Pop/AoA resort area? And which ways are the best, what do they cost?

It depends how many in your party, as with more than 4 a taxi van may be cheaper, that would be about $85 return.

With 4 or less, I'd say the best way is to use the Mears shared shuttle bus. It's $20 return per person from any Disney hotel to Universal and back. For people visiting when Halloween Horror is on, or who want to go to CityWalk in the evenings, they run late into the night as well.

You phone them up, book and they give you a choice of pickup times. I called them at 11PM the night before and they were able to schedule a pickup for 9AM the next morning, so you don't have to book far in advance either and I found the whole thing very convenient and economical. The number is 407-423-5566.

They pick up at a couple of other hotels because you're sharing with other passengers but I was still at Universal in less than 45 minutes from my hotel and considering parking a car is $17 a day plus gasoline to get there it's a really good deal.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom