Best viewing spots for kids?

habuma

Original Poster
We went to Disneyland earlier this month with some family friends. Altogether we had 5 children, all under 5' (some under 4') tall. Aside from limiting their choices of rides (the youngest couldn't even ride Radiator Springs Racers), the nighttime shows were incredibly disappointing for them. They could barely see World of Color or Disneyland Forever.

Now we're planning a trip with them to WDW in December and have the same concerns for Wishes, Celebrate the Magic, and Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular. Does anyone have any tips or suggested places to watch these shows from so that the kids can see more than someone else's backside?

Parades aren't that big of a deal. If you show up early enough, you can snag a great spot along the rope and everybody can see. But the fireworks and projection shows are trickier, because everybody just crowds in and it isn't long before even some height-challenged adults (such as myself) can't see very well...much less, the children in our party. If you get *too* close then the castle blocks the fireworks. And while the train station's upper platform is fine for fireworks, it's not so great for Celebrate the Magic. (And with the Christmas tree in the town square in December, it's not so great for fireworks, either.)

bethymouse

There really is no great place to view the fireworks and parades, etc... without some "obstruction" unless you pay extra $$$ for special dessert parties, or special seating at restaurants ( Tony's Town Square), or wait at the spot for nearly 2 hours!:eek: Even fast pass areas won't help with the "view" for little ones. Also, there are so many cameras and cell phones taking pictures and videos!:eek: You can watch the fireworks at the Polynesian or Grand Floridian on the beach or at the California Grill ( Contemporary). You can make late dinner reservations at 'Ohana, Narcoossees ( signature restaurant$$$), or California Grill (signature $$$). These places offer the fireworks with the music piped in.:) Just go and have a magical time. The little ones will still enjoy it.:D IMHO.;)

habuma

Original Poster
There really is no great place to view the fireworks and parades, etc... without some "obstruction" unless you pay extra $$$ for special dessert parties, or special seating at restaurants ( Tony's Town Square), or wait at the spot for nearly 2 hours!:eek: Even fast pass areas won't help with the "view" for little ones. Also, there are so many cameras and cell phones taking pictures and videos!:eek: You can watch the fireworks at the Polynesian or Grand Floridian on the beach or at the California Grill ( Contemporary). You can make late dinner reservations at 'Ohana, Narcoossees ( signature restaurant$$$), or California Grill (signature $$$). These places offer the fireworks with the music piped in.:) Just go and have a magical time. The little ones will still enjoy it.:D IMHO.;)

Well, we have gone. It's not remotely our first trip. And we have been lucky before and had spots where our kids could see the castle just fine during Celebrate the Magic and Wishes. But this is the first time for our friends and I was hoping to find tips on getting a good view for their kids. Again, World of Color was a huge disappointment for them because they couldn't see much. Just trying to avoid that experience again.

Generally speaking, you mentioned some great views for the fireworks. I'll add to that from one of the cruises (we've done Pirates & Pals). And for parades, I've got several great spots to squat on early (the upper level of the train station was fantastic for FoF!).

But again, we've been before and I expect some obstruction. Just looking to see if anyone has any recommended locations for the kids to enjoy the fireworks *and* Celebrate the Magic. (Actually, if it weren't for CtM, I can think of a lot of places to see the fireworks from.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom