Best Trail to Request - Animal Kingdom Lodge

danheaton

Original Poster
We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge during my daughter's Spring Break in late March, and we have a Savannah Room. I'm using the Touring Plans Room Request where they fax in the request five days before our stay. We went last year and stayed in a Standard Room, and it worked out well.

My current request that's in place is for Zebra Trail, 3rd floor around 3427. I want to be close to the Mara (where we get breakfast), fairly close to the lobby (but not too close), and to have a good view. From what I can gather, this checks all of those boxes.

Any thoughts on this approach? Has anyone stayed in this area?

lostpro9het

If your goal is proximity to Mara then, yeah, zebra and close to lobby is the way to go with your requests. The Arusha view is very nice for sure. When we stay at Jambo, though, we typically request Sunset but we also almost never do Mara as we bring our own goods.

danheaton

Original Poster
Thanks. Last time it worked well for me to grab breakfast at the Mara while the kids were getting ready, but it was a hike. Hoping to have a shorter trip there but also still a good view. Sounds like my request is good.

BigRedDad

First bit of advice is that the resorts no longer look at faxed requests. All requests are made at online check-in. Just be prepared to know that you can have an amazing Savannah view and you can have a Savannah view that would be better overlooking a 60 foot manure pile. All Savannah views are not created equal. We had the benefit of being near where you are requesting when we honeymooned 6 months after opening near Arusha Rock. This was when giraffes could almost come right to the balcony on the first floor. It was absolutely amazing. Then, a second stay about 6 years later and we never had anything in sight. There was an ankole cattle tied to a stake. An ostrich ran by once in the rain. If we were not there for the giraffe sunset walk around, we never saw anything else. Absolute waste of the premium for the room.

My advice is to just be prepared for the entire spectrum of views. You can have an amazing view or you could have a garbage view.

danheaton

Original Poster
I know that people are still using the Touring Plans Room Request by fax and did just confirm that it's still active. Where did you hear that they no longer look at them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom