Best times for Fast Pass Plus selections?

SD449

Original Poster
I know there is lots of posts already about fast pass plus so apologies for yet another...

We can book our fast passes in 2 days time at 60 days out but are wondering the best times to book them for? And also trying to sort out our touring plans roughly at the same time.
For example, do we (or would you):

Book them for 11,12,1 so have a bit of a lay in and not have to worry about rope drop and getting to the rides quickly

Still book them for 11, 12, 1 but get to the park for rope drop still and get on some of them and other rides quickly

Book them for 9, 10, 11 so you can then get more choice and better extra fast passes once the 3 pre booked ones are used?

Or would you do something completely different?

I hope that all makes sense. Thanks for any replies in advance

seafoodbuffet

I've thought about the same thing a number of times and tried a few different approaches last trip. Assuming your goal is absolute maximization of the number of attractions you get to do, and presuming that you use FP+ as a mechanism to skip lines (as opposed to guarantee a seat in shows), I think the best way is to book FP+ for the most popular attractions in the 11, 12, 1 range. During those times, standby wait for super popular attractions have already built up to more or less a constant. Secondly, the effects of arriving at rope drop are totally worth it. Finally, you give yourself a chance to grab extra FP for attractions. Even for attractions that average a 30 min wait, I'd far rather get an additional FP and go get a drink or whatever than stand in line (esp HM, that outdoor line in the heat is brutal). Finally, you could always get lucky and get an additional FP+ for an E-ticket attraction. We got lucky and got a second FP for TSM one day, that was like gold.

If you don't view the park as a competition for scarce resources, this approach is probably meaningless. For our kids, more attractions means more fun (at least they think so). This was what worked best for us.

SAV

In the parks with the Tiers, I tried to book mine as early as possible so I could try and snag one for the other Tier 1 attractions that I wanted or to try for another one for the same ride. It worked in some cases(TSMM and RNRC), but didn't work for some other (Soarin' and TT).

Otherwise, I still booked them as early as possible so I could then get my extra rolling FP+'s later in the day when there was more of a line. Worked great in MK and AK.

I was going to be there at Rope Drop anyways, so why not skip the line that is already there, even if it saves only 15 minutes at that time.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I would suggest it all depends on you. Are you an early riser on vacation or do you want to relax and stay in bed ?
My thoughts would be to book your FP+ for mid - late morning and get into the park before this to do some attractions via the stand by lines

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom