Best time to go

Prettyfulhappy

We are currently planning our trip to disney world! We have the option of going in September or December. We have a three year old and an infant. Our infant will be 3.5 months old in September and 6.5 months old in December. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best time to go? Taking into account our baby's age, crowds and weather. Thank you in advance for any feedback.

bsiev1977

We are currently planning our trip to disney world! We have the option of going in September or December. We have a three year old and an infant. Our infant will be 3.5 months old in September and 6.5 months old in December. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best time to go? Taking into account our baby's age, crowds and weather. Thank you in advance for any feedback.
Go in December, as long as it's not too close to Christmas itself. The resorts and parks are all decorated, and many places have special holiday activities. The weather is nice, and if you go the first week or two in December the crowds are alright.

Upvote 0

jrogue

I think either time would be good, depending on when in those months you choose to go. I believe mid-September is a slow time, as well as early December. The closer you get to any holidays (Labor Day, Christmas) the bigger the crowds will be.

In terms of weather, it's still a bit hot there in September. I've heard the early Dec temperature is way better!

Also, Sept will have Halloween decorations up, as well as the Halloween party. Dec will have the Christmas party!

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

I think either time would be good, depending on when in those months you choose to go. I believe mid-September is a slow time, as well as early December. The closer you get to any holidays (Labor Day, Christmas) the bigger the crowds will be.

In terms of weather, it's still a bit hot there in September. I've heard the early Dec temperature is way better!

Also, Sept will have Halloween decorations up, as well as the Halloween party. Dec will have the Christmas party!
Temps in December are highs in mid 70s and lows in the mid to upper 50s. Beautiful during the day, and you might want a light jacket or sweatshirt for after dark

Upvote 0

Prettyfulhappy

Original Poster

We're looking at the week of September 19th or the week of December 12th. Would they have the Halloween decorations up that early in September?

Upvote 0

jrogue

We're looking at the week of September 19th or the week of December 12th. Would they have the Halloween decorations up that early in September?
Yup! They should be! My family and I went in 2012 during the last week in August and they already had some stuff up then. :) The first Halloween party starts Sept. 2nd, so it should be all decorated by then.

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

Early-mid December has become our preferred visit time of the year! We have visited the week after Thanksgiving and the first full week of December several times each - both time frames the crowds were manageable (by Disney standards anyway), and the parks and resorts are beautifully decorated for the holidays! Weather is comfortable - just a fabulous time of year to visit the parks!

Upvote 0

KikoKea

Halloween decorations will be up and the parties going in Sept, same for Christmas decor and events in Dec. Both times are good as far as crowds go- we've been both times on several occasions. We prefer the cooler weather of Dec, but Halloween is my favorite holiday, as far as decorations and parties....tough choice, but you can't go wrong with either.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Don't forget that September is also smack dab in the middle of hurricane season - August and September are the most active months. And not that I wish it, but Florida is long overdue.... Plus September is still steamy hot. You've got an infant, go in December. Just go the first week or two after Thanksgiving.

Upvote 0

HurricaneHanna

I wouldn't take a 3 month old in September. We went last year during the second week of September and it was just as hot as any summer visit we've ever made. Personally it makes me upset to see people outside in the heat, humidity, and bright sun with an infant. We also went last year during the first and second weeks of December. The weather was fabulous. Days were warm but not sizzling hot, evenings required a light sweater or jacket but were still really pleasant. We saw no rain that I can recall. In your situation with a new baby I would definitely pick December over September this year.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

December would be the better of the two choices. Sept used to be a low crowd season but its gotten busier over the past few years so it wont get you what you might be expecting. Dec is much prettier with the Christmas decorations, people are in the seasonal mood, and theres Santa for your little one. Early Dec used to be quite slow but even that time has gotten busier, still I'd recommend going during the earlier part of the month to avoid the real heavy Christmas December crowds. Weather wise Dec is much more guest friendlier than Sept. You will love DEc if youve never ben there before at that time, youll make more family memories around Dec than Sept., its that more magical.

Upvote 0

Pinoke76

We love both September and early December, but found that around the 16/18th December it was too busy for our liking.
It was almost a shock to see the difference in crowd numbers from 10th Dec to 17th Dec.

In late Sept 2004 we were holed up in the hotel for 36 hours because of a hurricane, but that hasn't put us off returning in September. It is just something to be aware of.

Upvote 0

SMS55

Like someone else above said, if you can go in December before Christmas, go in December. September is still summer and it will be extremely hot. The 3.5 month old is liable to get heat rashes. December is much more comfortable to walk around. You don't have to worry about the afternoon thunderstorms and you have all the Christmas decorations up. In terms of crowds, they're both good times The kids are in school so it makes lines very manageable. Once the kids let out for Christmas the lines grow exponentially by the day until they are unbearable. If you prefer Halloween over Christmas, then maybe September might be more to your liking. The first Halloween party is the first week of September, so the decorations are up. The pools are heated, so that factor is irrelevant if you wanted to take a dip in the pool while you were there.

Upvote 0

RMichael21

We used to go in the first week of December and it was by far the perfect time for us. The weather's not to hot, but not to cold, the holiday decorations are up and its not overwhelmingly crowded. If you can, I'd try to push December 12th up a week (or as much as you can), as the closer you get to Christmas, the more crowded it will get.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

My daughter did 9 days in Disney in August when she was 6 months old. It was hands down one of the best trips we'd ever been on. I would highly recommend 6 months, but also know that the hot weather didn't have any impact on our trip. Whenever you go you'll have a blast! Enjoy and take lots of pics.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom