Best time to cruise?

DisneyDayDreamer

Original Poster
We're not sure just yet lol. This will be all of our first DCL and cruise in general. It will be 2 families going. So, at least 9 of us and 4 staterooms.

21stamps

I recommend staying away from August through October if doing the Caribbean

Also staying away from January and February, maybe even December too lol.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The least expensive time to do the Bahamas or Caribbean cruises is in Sept. Yes it's hurricane season but to be honest I have cruised at that time of year numerous times and never had an issue. Also keep in mind that DCL will do whatever needs to be done to keep their guests safe including changing ports of call.

Pam

NelleBelle

For our wallets, we like doing Sept/Oct. But now that our kids are getting to be older and one DS heading into HS soon, we no longer feel good about pulling them from school (especially when your oldest is saying he doesn't want to miss school :jawdrop:). We like the weather that time of year around WDW, too, so we are definitely in a dilemma now. The prices during the summer are ridiculous, so we may try taking a look at RCCL until the new ships are sailing :arghh:

belledream

We cruised in Sept. and actually did have our itinerary affected by a hurricane. However, I don't say that to put people off to it - rather, DCL did a great job adjusting our itinerary and making sure that we still enjoyed our time on board and off.

Also, we were able to snag an amazing rate in late Jan. one year. Had a great time and found the Bahamian waters to be a tad chilly at first, but then absolutely perfect in a matter of seconds.

I think it all depends on your destination though. :)

pilka214

I just booked the Bermuda out of NY for Oct 2018! WooHoo!

Pam

Oh wow, Disney is doing a Bermuda route now? That's by far my favorite port of call i've ever visited. It's the most expensive island to visit, but it's also the cleanest, kindest and most breathtaking locale's i've ever experienced!! You should be very excited!

Keep in mind however that Bermuda is fairly far north (parallel with the South Carolina) so it could be cool in october.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
What is the itenerary? Is it multiple nights at Kings Wharf? That MIGHT get me back on a DCL ship, depending on the price premium. Bermuda is great, especiall by ship, since you avoid paying the insane food and lodging prices. We will be back there the end of July (on Celibrity out of NJ)

-dave
Hey Dave!!

Yes it's 2 nights at Kings Wharf, 1 day at sea prior and 1 day at sea after. It's a 5 night going out on the 24th of Oct which is when we are hosting the next KK family cruise. If that is the Summit, I just cruised it in March out of FLL!

Come on Dave!! Hopefully @Monty will be joining us again lol

Pam

Phonedave

Hey Dave!!

Yes it's 2 nights at Kings Wharf, 1 day at sea prior and 1 day at sea after. It's a 5 night going out on the 24th of Oct which is when we are hosting the next KK family cruise. If that is the Summit, I just cruised it in March out of FLL!

Come on Dave!! Hopefully @Monty will be joining us again lol

Pam

Ah, DCL is a five night - the Celibrity itenerary out of Bayonne is 7

Sunday - Depart
Monday - At sea
Tuesdat - At Sea
Wed AM - Arrive at Kings Wharf
Thurs - Kings Wharf
Fri PM - Depart Kings Wharf
Sat - At Sea
Sunday - Return

Yes, it is on the Summit, the run that itenerary out of Bayonne to Bermuda all summer,week after week after week

The DCL Bermuda sailing has the same problem that keeps us off of most other DCL New York sailings - my wife is a teacher. we dont get vacations during the school year. We are lucky to get in a long food and wine weekend during "Jersey Week" and thats about it.

Would love to meet up with some other people from WDW Magic on a NYC DCL cruise, but they just don't schedule to them meet our schedules.

-dave

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Ah, DCL is a five night - the Celibrity itenerary out of Bayonne is 7

Sunday - Depart
Monday - At sea
Tuesdat - At Sea
Wed AM - Arrive at Kings Wharf
Thurs - Kings Wharf
Fri PM - Depart Kings Wharf
Sat - At Sea
Sunday - Return

Yes, it is on the Summit, the run that itenerary out of Bayonne to Bermuda all summer,week after week after week

The DCL Bermuda sailing has the same problem that keeps us off of most other DCL New York sailings - my wife is a teacher. we dont get vacations during the school year. We are lucky to get in a long food and wine weekend during "Jersey Week" and thats about it.

Would love to meet up with some other people from WDW Magic on a NYC DCL cruise, but they just don't schedule to them meet our schedules.

-dave

We may be setting something up for Jersey week 2018. I'm sure it will be posted on Magic once it's set in stone.

Pam

Phonedave

We may be setting something up for Jersey week 2018. I'm sure it will be posted on Magic once it's set in stone.

Pam

Sweet. Just keep in mind that for teacher's "Jersey Week" really means Jersey Wed after school to Sunday night. Some parents may take their kids out of school for the entire week (that's a topic for an other much longer thread) but teachers are there Monday - Wednesday.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom