Best time to book airfare

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
I'm 95 days from my vacation, from my limited searches, it seems I may be either in the windows of time to book a flight or just about there.

The wrinkle is that I'm from Boston and the prices for a family of four is ridiculous. Is there any point in waiting any longer, i.e., they will they go down?

SeanWM48

i've never been able to figure this out either. regardless of when i book or what i use (expedia, priceline, disney etc) none of it seems to change. for what it's worth i use laguardia and usually jetblue. if somebody has suggestions i'm also all-ears otherwise if i were you OP i would just bite the bullet and book

mousefan1972

Are you trying to book airfare for MA school vacation week (April 16-23)? If so, not only will prices not go down, you really should have bought your plane tickets as soon as the fares were released. At least for Southwest airlines, the least expensive prices are the day the fares are published, then they go up from there. Note- this is for school breaks in particular, not any other time of year. Delta and JetBlue are notorious for price gouging during school breaks, and their prices will not go down. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
You're not the bearer of bad news, I've been monitoring the cost since day one, but booking the flight on the very first day it was open, would have cost me 6,000 dollars for a family of four. Given that outrageous price, waiting was my only option.

Jahona

Check on Tuesday-Thursday for airfare. It's Usually the cheapest then. Also look at sites like Kayak. They compare several sites and offer a graph with predictions of when to buy. Sometimes the price of airfare never really drops and will go up. The rule of thumb I've learned is that the window to buy is usually 54-60 days before departure. After that the price will continue to rise.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Boston to MCO, I picked the very first flight of the day (direct) and a 12:42pm direct flight, nothing really extreme.

2016-01-15_11-39-11.jpg

I could get that number down, by changing to less popular times, and having connections but as you can see, its outrageous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom