Best Time For Rides

helliker

Original Poster
In my opinion the time of day that you go on some indoor rides affects the enjoyability of the ride. This is because of how your eyes adjust to the light/darkness. For example I find that Space Mountain is more enjoyable during the day. When you get in there you won't be able to see in the dark as well because your eyes haven't adjusted yet. This means that you won't be able to see the track while on you're on the ride, which I think is the biggest draw. The Haunted Mansion is best to ride at night. In there you want your eyes to be ajusted to the darkness because you will see things better. Of course if a ride has a long wait time your eyes might adjust while you're waiting anyways!

MonorailGreen

I totally agree... certain rides are just better at certain times of the day!! Test Track for example... much better at night... so is Tower of Terror. Splash Mountain is a daytime ride for me but also must be seen at night =) Rock 'n' Roller Coaster seems to be best just as sunset arrives... I know, I am weird like that. To me as well, the time of day DOES effect the ride experience, overall =)

Roey

Spaceship Earth first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
BTMR is a daytime attraction. TestTrack is best at night. Other than that, the ferryboat is very cool as a nightime ride back to the TTC.

StevenT

Originally posted by helliker
For example I find that Space Mountain is more enjoyable during the day. When you get in there you won't be able to see in the dark as well because your eyes haven't adjusted yet.

Space Mountain is best in the morning, so it's bright out, and the line is short and your eyes won't adjust while waiting.

Big Thunder Mountain is so much cooler at night. There's something about the night air in your face. And have you ever noticed the people drinking and carrying on in the windows of the town? You can only see it at night!

Pirates of the Caribbean is best any time of day because it's the best ride at WDW! :D

Haunted Mansion seems suited to the evening or nighttime. I think it's due to the added lighting effects outside while you're waiting to go in.

Splash Mountain I think is better at night, especially if you can catch it during the fireworks or parade. It's neat to finish the ride and be able to catch a glimpse of the parade.

I agree about RnR Coaster, nothing beats sunset on Sunset Blvd. as cheesy as that sounds. Sunset is also the best time for Tower of Terror.

Astro Orbiter is a must do at night under a very starry sky :)

That's my opinion.

SkipperTina

The best time to ride anything is during parade time.

Also, beginning of day/end of day is a great time for the popular rides.

Specifically, Jungle Cruise has the shortest wait time during the parade and closer to park closing (if you ride it at night there's hardly a wait, and it's a completely different atmosphere in the Jungle). Also, if you go on it when it first opens (usually 10am) there is a short wait. Don't be intimidated by the pre-opening line- once the ride opens it will move quick.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by helliker
For example I find that Space Mountain is more enjoyable during the day. When you get in there you won't be able to see in the dark as well because your eyes haven't adjusted yet.
Might be an idea to see your optician - the human eye will react to the amount of available light hitting the retina by opening or closing the iris in a matter of seconds. Therefore no matter how fast you run to the cars in Space Mountain by the time you're sat waiting for launch your eyes have adjusted.
Try the ride with your eyes closed !!

ScrapIron

Particularly true on BTMRR since you're going in and out of tunnels. And Space is the one indoor ride where I leave the shades on.

DizneeFanatic

Splah Mountain is great during the day. But if the lines are short at night, and you plan it right, you can be on Splash Mountain during the firework show. Its quite a sight to be sitting in the flume and watching Wishes.

P.S. Space Mountain is great at night too.

surfsupdon

Big Thunder and Jungle Cruise are absolutely incredible at night. It's a totally unique experience, and even makes the JC a tad on the eerie and scary side.

mrtoad

In general, I like everything better at night. There is just something about the parks at night, especially the MK.

Danny14

I have always found Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain to be a lot of fun at night. Also, ToT is great at night, especially with that one room with the light on :lookaroun

bubbles

Ak

The best time to go on the AK safari is when its raining. :lol: No joke. My family decided to go to on the safari and it was poring. The cast members by the entrance told us this is the best time to go on the ride because all the animals will be out to cool off in the rain. We got the most beautiful up close pictures of almost all the animals. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom