Best time between January and April?

draybook

I think we're going to start going twice a year with AP's now. So, you guys already know that we take our yearly trip in September for our anniversary. We went in February this year and we just got back this Thursday from our April trip.

So, what do you guys think is the best time to go between January and April? We're not so concerned about events or anything, just as far as crowd levels go. Thanks, folks!

DiSnEyF@n

Following this!!

My daughter's 2nd birthday is Feb 18th and I want to go that week in 2016. I have heard that that's when it starts to get crowded again bc it's Valentine's Day weekend and it's President's Day too. I still want to go that week, but bc nothing is booked yet we are still able to change our travel based on info that I find out. I also thought aboutgoing in April (bc Easter is in March next year) bc I've never been in April as an adult... But I've never been in Feb either... Tough decisions!! lol The last 3 times we went were in August, so it will be nice to go when it's not sweaty hot outside.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bee

Following this!!

My daughter's 2nd birthday is Feb 18th and I want to go that week in 2016. I have heard that that's when it starts to get crowded again bc it's Valentine's Day weekend and it's President's Day too. I still want to go that week, but bc nothing is booked yet we are still able to change our travel based on info that I find out. I also thought aboutgoing in April (bc Easter is in March next year) bc I've never been in April as an adult... But I've never been in Feb either... Tough decisions!! lol The last 3 times we went was in August, so I'll be nice to go when it's not sweaty hot outside.
You will probably be okay around the 18th since it's halfway between Valentine's Day and President's Day weekend. We went from February 10-17 this year and the crowds were manageable. The only problem arose when our return flight (originally scheduled for February 14) was canceled due to a winter storm. There were hardly any rooms available at WDW or anywhere in Orlando because so many people were there for the overlappinng holidays and stuck in the storm. You can see post 29 of this thread to read about our misadventures, if you wish.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

You will probably be okay around the 18th since it's halfway between Valentine's Day and President's Day weekend. We went from February 10-17 this year and the crowds were manageable. The only problem arose when our return flight (originally scheduled for February 14) was canceled due to a winter storm. There were hardly any rooms available at WDW or anywhere in Orlando because so many people were there for the overlappinng holidays and stuck in the storm. You can see post 29 of this thread to read about our misadventures, if you wish.

Wow! Thanks for the positive feeback. I've only heard bad things about going late in Feb. Thanks for that. I wouldn't be too angry if I had spend an extra day in Florida lol :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

bee

Wow! Thanks for the positive feeback. I've only heard bad things about going late in Feb. Thanks for that. I wouldn't be too angry if I had spend an extra day in Florida lol :rolleyes:
You're welcome! Everyone will have different experiences and everyone's opinions will differ on what exactly is "too crowded." I just remembered we were there during President's Day weekend in 2014 as well and I don't remember it being too bad then either.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom