Best standard room at Wilderness Lodge

amy1985

Original Poster
Hello,

My husband and I are staying at Wilderness lodge in October and have booked a standard view room. Does anyone have a room number that is really nice? This will be our first stay at wilderness lodge in years and I really don't want to look out at he parking lot...

DisneyJunkie

Wish I could remember my room numbers there, but I can't. I know that once we stayed in a room that overlooked the pool area (with really a terrific view of it and overlooking the Electrical Water Pageant nightly), however it was a LONG walk (with twists and turns) to get to the elevator to get down into the lobby, and from there to the busses and/or boat dock. We also stayed in a 2nd or 3rd floor room that overlooked the lobby and was right above Whispering Canyon (it was convenient enough, but there was a LOT of noise from the restaurant that found its way upstairs).

HouCuseChickie

While the resort is not my thing, I liked the position of our standard view room from our 2010 trip. I know it was over Whispering Canyon, but it was on the far end (i.e. away from the entry) so that it didn't get any of the noise. It was nice b/c every time we left the room, we were looking over the lobby. We could also see MK fireworks from our balcony. I'm pretty sure we were on the 5th floor, but I don't recall the exact number. It "MAY" be in my TR, so feel free to sift through to see if I actually specify the room number. I think I did, but it wasn't jumping out to me when I scanned through... http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/our-character-crazy-trip-report.671765/

amy1985

Original Poster
What a great trip report! Thank you everyone! I'm going to call and make the requests for a high floor today!

jlsHouston

I don't know but somehow this resort has put me on the ground floor right around the corner from the lobby both stays and it has resulted in a patio that overlooks the creek that feeds the pool and it is quite nice and convenient...

durangojim

We've stayed there many times. Just make sure you don't get a room overlooking the deliver drop off area. It was loud, smelly, and not good. It's on the contemporary facing side and you'll bee overlooking a roof and staff driveway.

aladdin2007

We've stayed there many times. Just make sure you don't get a room overlooking the deliver drop off area. It was loud, smelly, and not good. It's on the contemporary facing side and you'll bee overlooking a roof and staff driveway.

Yes I was hoping someone would mention this, got stuck there once as well and we never slept. The noise from the delivery trucks went on all night long, it was awful. We always request a woods view now and do fine, its great. We really should have complained before I guess as much as I hate to.

amy1985

Original Poster
Yes I was hoping someone would mention this, got stuck there once as well and we never slept. The noise from the delivery trucks went on all night long, it was awful. We always request a woods view now and do fine, its great. We really should have complained before I guess as much as I hate to.
'
That's what I'm afraid of. We're paying so much for this hotel, they should only have nice views!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom