Best Spot for Electric parade

Kyla Moore

I have read that in order to get a good spot for the electric parade you have to claim your spot roughly 2hrs prior. My family will only be at WDW for 4 days so I dont want to spend our precious time sitting on a curb. Is there a restaurant where we can make reservation where we will have a good view of the parade. I read somewhere Tonys Town Square if you sit outside you get a good view of the parade. Anyone know if this is true? Or any other tips?

acrab3t

I have never had to "claim" a spot two hours before a parade. Sometimes just 30 minutes before it starts you can find a good spot. The Hub is a good spot as well as somewhere in Frontier land. You can also try the balcony at the train station on Main Street. My family is small, only three of us, so we can usually squeeze in. One time when it was raining we had The Hub almost entirely to ourselves. We were surprised the parade still ran. You may want to look at MyDisneyExperiance to see if they offer fast passes. This will reserve a good spot for you.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

when are you going? If there is a second parade, go to that one and I'd go for Liberty Square into Frontierland for best areas. If you are going during a busy season...esp. the holidays you will need about an hour....don't plan on finding spots right before the parade starts. If it isn't a busy time and there is a 2nd parade 30 mins. should be good with best luck away from the hub.

Upvote 0
I agree that the 2nd parade is always better (we do this even with a 4 and 2 yr old). We like the area in Liberty Square where the parade route turns to go towards frontier land. There are some rock walls that we have been able to sit on instead of the curb and there is a place that sells funnel cakes and coffee near by. Since the parade starts near the main hub you can line up a little later and we have not had a problem getting a great seat 15 minutes prior even during the summer.

Upvote 0

docdebbi

we make a habit of having a picnic waiting for the parade. that way you haven't lost too much park time, you needed to eat anyway.
most of us sit down ( about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs ahead of time) and relax while someone is the gofer and gets us dinner while we sit. when we do this in adventureland, we go to pecos bill's, although with the new menu if you have kids you have to evaluate if that works for you. when we do this on main street it used to be the main street bakery, but alas, not much there for dinner anymore since it became starbucks, so casey's is the new go-to. mighty good hot dogs- can't lose with casey's.

Upvote 0
Deff catch the second show as long as you don't have younger kids (they may tire out before it starts.)
We sat back next to the turkey leg concession across from Pecos bill I believe, i'll have to check my vlogs from the day, but their was no one around us.
We had almost every character come up to us or interact with us, it was the perfect spot! Of course it could have been us hooting, hollering and cheering for everyone that passed us :rolleyes:, we got the turtle to come up and spin in front of us and the snail to move his head for us just from cheering. Made for the perfect spot and an awesome video and pictures!
Edit: We got there only a couple minutes before it started, i'd say maybe 15-20 minutes tops

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We've staked out good spots for the first parade about an hour before, but catching the 2nd parade is definitely easier. While there are plenty of prime places to watch away from MSUSA and the hub, I personally prefer MSUSA b/c the effect of the lights going out on MSUSA and the castle illuminated at the end of the street is just more magical to me.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

We watched it from in front of the barber shop last week, right where it starts. We got a spot about 25 minutes beforehand, right along the rope. It was a very slow day in the park and had been raining earlier, so I'm sure that helped with not having to get there too far in advance. But I thought it was a great spot. I liked being right there when the floats came out of the gate.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom