Best restaurants???

Ashley Davieau

Original Poster
I know my first dining reservation will def be Be our Guest!! Haven't done it yet... but any other musts? Please and thank you

Jess G

Our favorites in no particular order...

Resorts dining:
Cape may cafe (dinner) - all you can eat crab legs!
Kona cafe (breakfast or dinner) - great food
Sanaa (lunch or dinner) - bread service is amazing, food is good, see animals while you dine
1900 park fare (breakfast or dinner) - awesome buffet great character interaction

Parks:
Yak and Yeti (lunch or dinner) - the food here is great, service is good
Be our guest (lunch) - great atmosphere.
Via Napoli - (lunch or dinner) awesome pizza

Disney Springs:
Raglan Road (lunch or dinner) good food good entertainment

goofyyukyuk

Raglan Road, Be Our Guest, Via Napoli, California Grill, Artist Point, Restaurant Marrakesh, Flame Tree BBQ, Aloha Isle, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Beaches and Cream, Biergarten, Sleepy Hollow, and Ghiradelli. Sorry, I know it's a lot, but it gives you some different options, and trust me, they are all fantastic!

contrariwise

I don't know which meal you have in mind for Be Our Guest, but if it's breakfast, please skip it. I'm not sure I've ever had worse food for breakfast. The castle is really stunning, but the food? Nah. Lunch was just ok, so much so that I will not do it again. I can't speak to dinner.

The only restaurant I am consistently recommending lately is Sanaa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas. Really good, inventive, unique, delicious food, and if you get a view of animals on the Savanna, all the better.

Ashley Davieau

Original Poster
Our favorites in no particular order...

Resorts dining:
Cape may cafe (dinner) - all you can eat crab legs!
Kona cafe (breakfast or dinner) - great food
Sanaa (lunch or dinner) - bread service is amazing, food is good, see animals while you dine
1900 park fare (breakfast or dinner) - awesome buffet great character interaction

Parks:
Yak and Yeti (lunch or dinner) - the food here is great, service is good
Be our guest (lunch) - great atmosphere.
Via Napoli - (lunch or dinner) awesome pizza

Disney Springs:
Raglan Road (lunch or dinner) good food good entertainment
Thank you so much!!!

Ashley Davieau

Original Poster
Raglan Road, Be Our Guest, Via Napoli, California Grill, Artist Point, Restaurant Marrakesh, Flame Tree BBQ, Aloha Isle, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Beaches and Cream, Biergarten, Sleepy Hollow, and Ghiradelli. Sorry, I know it's a lot, but it gives you some different options, and trust me, they are all fantastic!
Haha thank you! I like my options!

Ashley Davieau

Original Poster
I don't know which meal you have in mind for Be Our Guest, but if it's breakfast, please skip it. I'm not sure I've ever had worse food for breakfast. The castle is really stunning, but the food? Nah. Lunch was just ok, so much so that I will not do it again. I can't speak to dinner.

The only restaurant I am consistently recommending lately is Sanaa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas. Really good, inventive, unique, delicious food, and if you get a view of animals on the Savanna, all the better.
Thanks so much for the info. I wasn't really expecting the food to be too amazing there I'm mostly just going for the atmosphere. I feel like I def have to do it at least once. Maybe I'll try out the dinner.
And savanna is a must! I've heard great things so definitely going for that

contrariwise

Thanks so much for the info. I wasn't really expecting the food to be too amazing there I'm mostly just going for the atmosphere. I feel like I def have to do it at least once. Maybe I'll try out the dinner.
And savanna is a must! I've heard great things so definitely going for that
Yeah - sometimes you do a restaurant just for the setting - especially in Disney World. If you go in with low expectations for the food, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised!

At Sanaa, we have always gotten the full bread service, with all accompaniments. It does not disappoint.

cupcake__

This is our short list of must dos based on three important criteria. We've been to each multiple times.
1) varied menu options and excellent food
2) inviting and attentive service
3) great atmosphere, decor

California Grill
The Boathouse
Bluezoo
Tiffins
Yachtsman
Il Mulino

If what you're looking for are meals geared more to the Disney theme, or character meals, I would recommend:
Skipper's Canteen
Be Our Guest (dinner)
Cape May (breakfast)
Tusker House
Spirit of Aloha Luau
Cinderella's Royal Table (Solely for the castle experience. The food isn't very good.)

Edited to note: Yachtsman is an exception to the varied menu statement that I made about our short list. The menu here is meat, meat, and more meat.

Last edited:

Ashley Davieau

Original Poster
This is our short list of must dos based on three important criteria. We've been to each multiple times.
1) varied menu options and excellent food
2) inviting and attentive service
3) great atmosphere, decor

California Grill
The Boathouse
Bluezoo
Tiffins
Yachtsman
Il Mulino

If what you're looking for are meals geared more to the Disney theme, or character meals, I would recommend:
Skipper's Canteen
Be Our Guest (dinner)
Cape May (breakfast)
Tusker House
Spirit of Aloha Luau
Cinderella's Royal Table (Solely for the castle experience. The food isn't very good.)

Edited to note: Yachtsman is an exception to the varied menu statement that I made about our short list. The menu here is meat, meat, and more meat.
Thank you! I will look into all of them. I'm sure my husband would love yachtsman. Sounds like his kind of place

Dad 2 M & M

I know my first dining reservation will def be Be our Guest!! Haven't done it yet... but any other musts? Please and thank you
Here are the Park specific suggestions

MK - if you paying out of pocket (OOP) i would not do a Table Service (TS) in MK

Don't really have a TS suggestion, but will offer the following:
1) BoG - if you have to try this for the experience, try it for lunch or breakfast first. Lunch is better than breakfast and you won't have to stress on obtaining the Dinner ressie. The food is fine, but not necessarily great....it is the better TS restaurant at MK.
2) Skippers Cantina - food is good, atmosphere is pretty cool
3) We like Tony's - no one else in the universe does, but we do.....weird quirks lately, but it used to be easy to get a ressies...not sure why it is not always available now....

Epcot - Many choices here.....and the hardest to navigate

1) Tutto Italia - Dining Plans psycho value here, but you can get affordable enough OOP. Salmon, and the traditional Spaghetti with meatballs are what I and youngest M always get. Dessert is tremendous but pricey
2) Le Cellier - we think it's great, BUT IT IS EXPENSIVE OOP OR using Dining Plan
3) Marrakesh - One of the best for several reasons
- Ease of obtaining ressie
- Food is very good, even if you are not adventurous.....Couscous with chicken tastes like something gramma would make
- Value as far as OOP

Studios - not mush happnin here and probably would not do a TS

1) Mama Melrose - By default - The other Lady and the Tramp Restaurant - food is okay and you could do worse on the Dining Plan
2) Brown Derby - Another signature restaurant - food is only okay and not worth it OOP or Dining Plan

AK
1) Yak & Yeti - our favorite
2) Tiffins - Signature Restaurant - have not been, and it is not at must for us.....heard great things

Hope that helps!

Ashley Davieau

Original Poster
Here are the Park specific suggestions

MK - if you paying out of pocket (OOP) i would not do a Table Service (TS) in MK

Don't really have a TS suggestion, but will offer the following:
1) BoG - if you have to try this for the experience, try it for lunch or breakfast first. Lunch is better than breakfast and you won't have to stress on obtaining the Dinner ressie. The food is fine, but not necessarily great....it is the better TS restaurant at MK.
2) Skippers Cantina - food is good, atmosphere is pretty cool
3) We like Tony's - no one else in the universe does, but we do.....weird quirks lately, but it used to be easy to get a ressies...not sure why it is not always available now....

Epcot - Many choices here.....and the hardest to navigate

1) Tutto Italia - Dining Plans psycho value here, but you can get affordable enough OOP. Salmon, and the traditional Spaghetti with meatballs are what I and youngest M always get. Dessert is tremendous but pricey
2) Le Cellier - we think it's great, BUT IT IS EXPENSIVE OOP OR using Dining Plan
3) Marrakesh - One of the best for several reasons
- Ease of obtaining ressie
- Food is very good, even if you are not adventurous.....Couscous with chicken tastes like something gramma would make
- Value as far as OOP

Studios - not mush happnin here and probably would not do a TS

1) Mama Melrose - By default - The other Lady and the Tramp Restaurant - food is okay and you could do worse on the Dining Plan
2) Brown Derby - Another signature restaurant - food is only okay and not worth it OOP or Dining Plan

AK
1) Yak & Yeti - our favorite
2) Tiffins - Signature Restaurant - have not been, and it is not at must for us.....heard great things

Hope that helps!
That helps out tremendously! Thanks for the tips. I have the regular dining plan so def want to use my TS for ones that are really worth it

prfctlyximprct

There's too many good places. I think you should extend your trip a week and fly down your best friend! Lol.. according to John I'm a full grown child so it'll be good practice! :)

Go look at the Food picture of the day thread... there's so many pics of food and it could help!!!

Dad 2 M & M

That helps out tremendously! Thanks for the tips. I have the regular dining plan so def want to use my TS for ones that are really worth it
With that in mind....TS:

MK
1) BoG dinner...if you can get that cherished ressie. If not, use a QS credit for Lunch...big value there and you take in the experience
2) The Wave - Eat at the contemporary and take the monorail to MK afterwards....or nice walk over....Dinner is really the only TS value, as breakfast is affordable enough OOP

Epcot
1) Tutto Italia - value again, and dessert is "worth it" on the dining plan
2) Marrakesh - not a huge value, but good eats

Studios
1) Cape May - Again, a resort meal at Beach Club...take the water taxi the Studios, or a longer walk with the Boardwalk on the way
2) Mama Melrose - if you have to burn a TS credit in the studio
3) Beaches and Cream - cool little 50's retro type place at the Beach Club to grab a meal....may not appeal to you, and is not a value on the Dining Plan, but further illustrates my take on TS dining at the Studios

AK
1) Yak & Yeti - love the joint
2) Boma - at AKL is a better value and better food than anywhere else in AK....honestly don't know if you can, or how far the walk would be to the park....somebody will chime in

I'll throw in QS for EPCOT and AK, as predicted, your other thread is turning into a list of all QS...I already mentioned MK Lunch at BoG as a value for both credit as well as taking in the experience.....

AK - nothing below is great...just what we like the best
1) Yak and Yeti - not a fan of the rib tips
2) Hamarbe MKT - a cool market type setting with many offerings
3) All others with MAYBE FlameTree a touch above the rest, but WELL BELOW #1 and #2

Epcot - World Showcase has many offerings; we like these in Future World a touch better:
1) Electric Umbrella - veggie flatbread
2) Sunshine Seasons - a food court with appealing "presentation"....many better than counter service choices here.....make it a point to take in one of the enviro-shows/rides while down there...they are not bad and the lines are usually short...might as well while you're there
When traveling from Future World to World Showcase, in either direction, make sure to take in Club Cool and their free (privilege after paying to get in the park) samples of Coke products from around the globe....Italy's sample "Beverly" works surprisingly well as mouthwash after eating at Tutto Italia....

Have a Magical Trip....pixie dust is all around, and only works if you share

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom