Best restaurants on short notice

emmaandrewdad

Original Poster
i am tired of stressing over reservations. Give me some of the best places to get reservations only a few weeks out or the day of visiting.

NiarrNDisney

In my experience I have found these restaurants to have availability on the day of!

Biergarten (Epcot)
Big River Grill & Brewery (BWR)
BlueZoo (Dolphin)
Captain's Grille (YCR)
Crew's Cup (YCR)
ESPN Club (BWR)
Fountain (Dolphin)
Garden Grove (Swan)
Grand Floridian Café (GFR)
House of Blues (DTD)
Il Mulino (Swan)
Kimonos (Swan)
Kona Café/Island (Poly)
Maya Grill (CSR)
Olivia's (OKW)
Planet Hollywood (DTD)
Raglan Road (DTD)
Rainforest Café (DAK & DTD)
Restaurant Marrakesh (Epcot)
Sanaa (AKL-KV)
Spice Road Table (Epcot)
Teppan Edo/Tokyo Dining (Epcot)
Territory Lounge (WL)
Tutto Gusto (Epcot)
Trail's End (FW)
Turf Club (SSR)
Wave (CR)

EmmieSue

Plaza restaurant (MK)
Tony's Town Square Restaurant (MK)
50's Prime Time (HS)

Those three have been open everyday for our upcoming trip as well and we are about a week out, but we aren't going during a busy time.

HouCuseChickie

@NiarrNDisney has provided you with a really good list.

Another angle you could take with this is trying to snag hard to get things at the last minute. With the cancellation policy, it seems that lots of great ADRs are popping up last minute. I know I both capitalized on this and contributed to this on my last trip. So, instead of stressing about it, you could log in night before...see what's being ditched last minute...and take your pick. Most of the places on the extensive list above will likely have openings, but you should see a higher number of popular spots at the last minute. Yeah, you have to be more flexible, but it's a pretty low stress approach and it's closer to how you might pick a place in the real world.

boilerpicc

We wing it all the time with reservations. I generally just open up the MDE app in the morning, pick a time for that day, and see what is available. We have ended up having some great meals that way in places we wouldn't have gone to. We have found better luck looking for lunches rather than dinner. The World Showcase is a great place for finding last minute ressies (except for Le Cellier). The Biergarten has become a huge favorite of my family, after we picked it randomly one day.

WDW74

You can just belly up to the bar anytime at Hurricane Hannah's, Stormalong Bay, Y&BC for some of this...
beer HH.jpg
LSS roll.jpg

NiarrNDisney

I can't, for the life of me, get a reservation at Tutto Gusto and signed on first thing this morning for October 26 (180 days). I was thinking they're maybe planning on a refurb, but I could have made a lunch reservation that day. Very frustrated!

I have always just walked up to the host or hostess and asked for a table and have been seated with little to no wait. I will tell you though that when asked where you would prefer to sit I would ask for a table verses the lounge/couch seating which is weird when attempting to eat and share food. BTW there always seems to be outdoor seating so if the weather isn't to bad you may want to ask to sit there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom