Best restaurant with casual dress code?

stealthnet

My family and I are going to WDW tomorrow and will be there for 5 days. I wanted to take everyone out and treat them and am looking for a good place. I wanted to do Artists Point at WL, but then I read some posts on here that says there is a dress code. We plan on wearing shorts and t-shirts to the park, and going back to our car to get a change of clothes seems like a headache. Plus we're staying with my sister outside the property, so going back to a hotel would not be an option.

I'm not too concerned about the money (except for Victoria and Alberts :-D), and I'm looking for a great place to go that is unique where we can take a ferry over to or even a place at one of the parks.

I'd love to do the California Grill or Artists Point, but since I am staying off property, what would you recommend as far as getting changed into different clothes? Like everyone, I want something memorable and fairly unique... I appreciate your ideas!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I recommend calling first thing in the morning for a reservation because getting in anywhere this week for dinner without a few days notice is on the "not likely" list.

Upvote 0

stitch82

like mousemerf, i'd say call asap...

the prime time cafe or sci-fi diner at mgm are great options...my family always goes to one or the other. they definately embrace the unique idea that you're looking for, and no dress code.

also, the garden grill at epcot in the land is fun...it's a rotating restaurant, and there are characters also.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We love Restaurant Marrakesh in Moracco in EPCOT. How about the Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL or the Kona Kafe in the Polynesian?
The Liberty Tree Tavern or the Crystal Palace in the MK?

We enjoyed Mama Melrose, The Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club. There is always the Rainforest Cafe (though not my personal favorite), everyone loves the atmosphere.

Upvote 0

Epcot82Guy

I also agree on the Priorit... I mean Advance Reservations available (this thing is gonna be like EPCOT Center to me). However, several options exist that I know do not have strict dress codes (or at least not unless very recently). I would suggest:

'Ohana at Poly
Kona Cafe at Poly
Flying Fish Cafe at Boardwalk
Beergarten at Germany, Epcot
Le Cellier (BIG SUGGESTION!) at Canda, Epcot
Garden Grill at The Land, Epcot
San Angel Inn (TOPS for atmosphere, but not the best food) at Mexico, Epcot
Boma at DAKL
Jiko at DAKL

These last two are perhaps some of the best restaurants on property. If your family has adventurous eaters, I would highly suggest these places.

Upvote 0
My favorites are Chef Mickeys at the Contemporary & Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom.

I definitely reccomend Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom for breakfast :slurp: Pooh, Eyore, Tigger, & Pigglet will great you while you eat.
Tip- if you're going for breakfast, try to get in early around 8 am or maybe even 7:45 am (make a reservation!), that way you can get in the Magic Kingdom early!

Chef Mickey's is great for dinner. You will be greated by Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip, & Dale... Very fun! They even might have a "surprise" celebration while you're there :) (Once again,make a reservation!)

Hope I helped, and have a good time!

---------------------
Edit- another option is the Coral Reef at Epcot. It's good if you have kids because you can see all the fish, dolphins, and even divers from the Living Seas. Atmosphere = great!
Note: The portions are considered small & sometimes pricey. When I went there my family and I got sick after eating. If fish makes you sick, I'd steer clear of there!

Upvote 0

MeTa

We went to the California Grill on my last trip and had to make reservations a few months ahead of time, although I do know that on previous trips we got lucky and scored some seats from cancellations days before. i also like the castle for dinner, but again you got to get lucky on short notice.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

stealthnet said:
My family and I are going to WDW tomorrow and will be there for 5 days. I wanted to take everyone out and treat them and am looking for a good place. I wanted to do Artists Point at WL, but then I read some posts on here that says there is a dress code. We plan on wearing shorts and t-shirts to the park, and going back to our car to get a change of clothes seems like a headache. Plus we're staying with my sister outside the property, so going back to a hotel would not be an option.

I'm not too concerned about the money (except for Victoria and Alberts :-D), and I'm looking for a great place to go that is unique where we can take a ferry over to or even a place at one of the parks.

I'd love to do the California Grill or Artists Point, but since I am staying off property, what would you recommend as far as getting changed into different clothes? Like everyone, I want something memorable and fairly unique... I appreciate your ideas!

I had spoken Disney Dining and they said the only restaurant you need a jacket for is V&A and that the few that require what they call "Business Casual" is not what you would consider that in the real world. They said you can wear shorts to Artist's Point. The person I spoke to said they perfer you to wear dress shorts. They said you can wear jeans even if you like. She said they want you to be happy as you are a guest of WDW.

I think if you don't wear running shorts and a tee shirt with some sort of a logo on it you should be ok.

Also this is from allearsnet.com's q&a section about dress code:

Trudy writes:

Hi Anita. I have a question about dress code and dining. We are looking forward to dining at Fulton's Crab House and then heading over to Disney Quest. Is there a dress code for the Crab House or for any restaurant? Thanks!

Hi Trudy!

There is only one restaurant on Disney property with a true dress code, and that is Victoria and Albert's in the Grand Floridian. All other restaurants have no official requirements (other than shirt and shoes, of course!), although the "Signature" restaurants like the California Grill at the Contemporary and Citricos at the Grand Floridian do ask that guests wear "smart casual" (no shorts or tank tops). Even so, they don't really enforce that request. Like The Pirates of the Caribbean's Captain Barbosa says, "It's more like a set of guidelines." Use common sense, and you'll be fine.

Bon appetit!

A.A.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Our favorite restaurants are O'hana & Le Cellier. Both of these restaurants we didn't dress any differently than for a day in the parks.

Upvote 0

MSTINKHERBELL01

Have fun! I second others w/ Mama Melrose @ MGM...I LOVE IT!!! Also if the kids are coming along: THE PLAZA @ Magic Kingdom (casual/sandwhich type/great desserts) VERY EASY LAST MINUTE Pri. Seating.

Also: Prime Time Cafe@ MGM (Kids love watching mom/dad being sent to the corner....:lol: )

Chef Mickeys

Cinderella's Round Table

Have an extra Magical Time!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom