Best resort for a "resort day".......or two?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
We are extending our upcoming trip by 1 or 2 days. Our APs will be expired so we are planning on enjoying the resort and having 1 or 2 resort days, which we have never really done before. We've had swimming days/afternoons, but never had a full resort day. So my question is, which resort would you choose if you could choose any WDW resort and why? Our kiddos are 9, 5, and 2 so having fun things for them to do is a plus!

Thanks!

I would say either Beach or Yacht Club. The pool is amazing, the resort is fantastic, and the Boardwalk is just across the way. A perfect place to spend the afternoon!

I would say either Beach or Yacht Club. The pool is amazing, the resort is fantastic, and the Boardwalk is just across the way. A perfect place to spend the afternoon!

How far is the walk from the Boardwalk to the Beach Club and Yacht Club? I want to spend some time in this area on my non-park day. :)

My favorite place to spend a whole day is the Poly.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
How far is the walk from the Boardwalk to the Beach Club and Yacht Club? I want to spend some time in this area on my non-park day. :)

My favorite place to spend a whole day is the Poly.

Like 5 minutes tops - just across the bridge. You can also take the boat over if you don't feel like walking. :)

durangojim

Two words: Polynesian Cabanas

In all seriousness, the cabanas are amazing and we usually take one day with our kids to just hang out at the Poly and do nothing but swim and soak in the sun. The main pool is super convenient for just about anything as Capt. Cooks is right there if you need food. The store is there if you need something else, and there's the slide and the infinity entry.

If this doesn't say "relax and enjoy the resort" I don't know what does:)
IMAGE_76879353-66FE-4F2F-AF62-62A239C04FF2.JPG

IMAGE_326305AD-171F-4EBE-9FBC-BD07F507DA5E.JPG

durangojim

I agree, the only thing I would say about the BC is that sometimes it can be hard to keep an eye on the kids playing due to the size of the pool(s) and the way the chairs are set up. I wish the BC had cabanas.

NiarrNDisney

For me I would either stay at one of the Boardwalk area resorts or at one of the monorail loop resorts since there is so much to do when it comes to activities, dining and shopping.

~Edit~ You may also want to consider the Fort Wilderness Resort which has so many things to do right on property that you may not even need to look elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom