Best Places To Eat In Magic Kingdom?

Maddie Terwilliger

Original Poster
Hello all,
when my family and I visit Disney, we always pick Magic Kingdom as our first option. I have been a countless amount of times and we always seem to eat at Pecos Bill's Cafe or Cosmic Ray's ;). These places are cool, but they are always busy and I was wondering what everyone else's opinions were for restaurants and food at Magic Kingdom.

Feel free to mention reservation only places as well, I have always wanted to try those and I am curious as to what they are like.

Thank you!:)

Schneewittchen

Sleepy Hollow is great for breakfast - get an iced coffee and a waffle filled with nutella and fresh fruit. Love that place.

For lunch, you could try Pinocchio's Village Haus - the flatbreads are okay if you want something on the light side. We do that one frequently. Other thoughts, Be Our Guest and the Plaza Restaurant both do decent sandwiches for lunch. And if you want a tasty gut bomb, the fried stuff at Columbia Harbour House is pretty yummy - bring your Rolaids and Pepto Bismol.

For dinner, we usually do Crystal Palace. The buffet has so many good options for the whole family, the AC works great, the chairs are comfy and we all love us some Pooh. Recently, we tried Liberty Tree Tavern, oh man, the meats are the best. Amazing pot roast and roast turkey. We were all staggering around like over-stuffed turkey zombies after dinner.

Weather_Lady

For CS: we've enjoyed good lunches at Casey's Corner on Main Street, USA (they're just ballpark-style hot dogs with fun toppings, but we like it), and at Pinocchio Haus (flatbreads and salads -- I've read mixed reviews from others, but we've always enjoyed it there). We used to love Be Our Guest's CS lunch, but the quality has gone down over time, and the ordering procedures and service have gotten so slow that for us, it's no longer worth all the hassle (having to get an ADR 6 months ahead for CS), or the time it takes to eat there. (We also like Columbia Harbor House, already mentioned by a previous poster, as well, in addition to Pecos Bill's, which the OP mentioned.)

For TS: I recommend Skipper Canteen. It's great to be able to order something out-of-the-box or that we haven't tried before. The noodle bowls and salads were particular favorites when we dined there. Next time, I resolve to try the whole fried fish!

IMFearless

Be Our Guest is a great use of a Quick Service credit at lunch if you are on the dining plan, although reservations are essential even though it is not classed as a table service until the evening. Out of pocket, it is a less compelling option at lunch as the prices are fairly high for a quick service location.

Gaston's Tavern is great for Cinnamon Rolls if you fancy a snack (despite them not living up to the old ones from Main Street Bakery in years gone by)

The Plaza Restaurant is also a very good option and if you're paying out of pocket you can get a table service meal there for a modest increase on what you would pay for a quick service meal. The food is pretty good.

Flyersgirl17

we love crystal palace for breakfast only. Casey's is good as well as Pinocchio haus. Also i really love the mac & cheese at friar nook's! WE are going to try liberty tree this august for the first time. Fingers Crossed!!

Mrhappyplace

I'm not really a fan of counter service, I find the food mostly mediocre which is fine if it is cheap but as everybody knows nothing is cheap at WDW. I'd recommend Liberty Tree Tavern. I have not tried but am very curious about Skipper's Canteen.

disneygeek90

If you like Mexican, Pecos Bill is fantastic. Burritos and taco bowls come pretty much plain, and then you help yourself to a bar of endless cheese, guac, salsa, etc.

Not sure when you last visited, but it received a refurb with their menu maybe 2 years ago. It carries what Tortuga Tavern used to mainly have.

TheDuke

I generally try to get a lunch reservation at Be Our Guest and do Harbor House for dinner. If I can't get in at BOG I might just pick up some Mac n cheese at Friar's Nook on the go.

Cynthia Soll

We're huge fans of Liberty Tree Tavern. Their pot roast and turkey & stuffing are both delicious, and they are filling meals. They actually feel like real meals to me, whereas many of the other places feel like little more than snacks or junk food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom