Best Park OTHER than MK for young kids?

buttrcp16

Hey all,

we are planning our trip for next year. My kids will be 5 and 3. In your opinion, which park other than the Magic Kingdom is the best and has the most to offer for the younger age set? I ask because we are definitely doing the MK and one other park - which one is up for debate. Keep in mind DS3 will NOT be tall enough for any 40" or taller rides. DS5 will hopefully reach the 44" mark when we go.

Since I have never been to AK and it's been awhile since I've been to DHS, I don't feel I can make a sound judgement. Opinions welcomed!

walter1901

Hi there! So exciting that you are planning your next trip!!! I would recommend Animal Kingdom based upon your children's ages. It has kid friendly attractions such as Kilimanjaro Safaris and the show "Festival of the Lion King". DHS and EP have some kid friendly attractions, but most young children would not enjoy the World Showcase and the thrill rides at DHS. Have a magical trip!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerfan4ever

I am going to give a 3rd vote for Animal Kingdom. We just got back from a trip with my niece and nephew who are 4 and 6 and they LOVED it there. They could have spent hours on the 2 walking trails. We did the Lion King show, Nemo show, safari, Dinoland, Tough to be a bug, etc and they enjoyed it all.

Upvote 0

buttrcp16

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom is what we were leaning towards so it's good to know we are making the right choice! My husband started to have doubts when we realized one or both of the kids wouldn't be able to do many of the rides. But I am excited to finally see AK. It's embarrassing how many times I've been to WDW but have never been there!

Upvote 0

DVCPluto

I'm just going to give you the flip side... DHS was a favorite of my DS when he was 3 - 4. He absolutely loved the character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. He also loved the Disney Junior show. DHS is the only place to see many of the Disney Junior characters. One of our best moments in the parks was when DS saw lightening McQueen for the first time - he was shaking he was so excited. He also had a lot of fun in the Honey I shrunk the kids playground, and loved the Muppets 3D show.

However, this was 3 and 4 years ago... Now, Frozen has kind of taken over, and Sofia and Doc McStuffens have infiltrated as well. Not sure how much "boy stuff" is left. With the uncertainty of the future of DHS, I would hesitate to make this a full day park.

EDIT - I forgot about the Woody and Buzz m&g, TSM, and the green army men!! All the Pixar place stuff was also a huge hit!! He loved all the characters in the Art of Animation building and around the hat in the morning. I knew there was more!! ;)

I'm all alone on this HS island, but it's where my DS wanted to go multiple times at that age - it was all about the characters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tinkerbell397

We will be in Disney from November 8-15 with my granddaughter....she will be just 20 months. We are spending 3 days in the MK, 2 days in the AK, 1 day in Epcot and we are not going to DHS at all. :cat:

Upvote 0
Animal Kingdom is probably a good choice. If you choose to go to AK, don't forget about Rafikki's Planet Watch. There are several interactive things for small children to enjoy--including a petting zoo. As others have said, they will also enjoy the Boneyard play area.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

AK... Theres just more there to hold their interest and keep them occupied. The Finding Nemo show is also a wonderful dont miss show the kids would enjoy.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

HS has really embraced the frozen movie so if your kids like that movie they'll love HS. Ask is pretty good for kids as well. Epcot is making it more kid friendly. Agent p really helped with world showcase and some of the rides kids really enjoy as well.

Upvote 0

75disney

AK was always my kids second fav park. The animals and slower pace really appealed to them. There are a lot of characters to meet there as well. My youngest daughter loved the safari; she thought it was a thrill ride since it was so bumpy.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom