Best one credit restaurant in MK

French Quarter

The new Skipper's Canteen should be open when we go (late January), correct? Maybe that will be a good spot for us!

I would say it's a safe bet that this is going to be my favourite. Currently and perhaps surprisingly, my favourite is Tony's. I recognize that it is just Americanized chain Italian food but I love the atmosphere so much and the service has been consistently great.

The biggest disappointment in terms of food for perhaps any TS on property for me has been BOG at dinner. Atmosphere was so cool. Service was good. Our food was almost inedible.

righttrack

BOG for dinner has an elegance to it not achieved anywhere else but Cindy's. For one credit it is still very much a value given what options it brings.

Second would be Crystal Palace, again dinner though lunch is not far off the mark. I wouldn't blow a credit on breakfast. We eat and run for breakfast.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Second would be Crystal Palace, again dinner though lunch is not far off the mark. I wouldn't blow a credit on breakfast. We eat and run for breakfast.
If you book a late lunch (between 2-3 pm) you will get to enjoy both the lunch options and the dinner options! We were seated at 2:30 and filled our first plates with lunch offerings. Around 2:45, the dinner choices were added. The carved ham was replaced by carved turkey at 3 pm, and the ice cream station opened. :hungry: We were on the dining plan so cost wasn't a factor, but it is a $7 increase in the buffet price from lunch to dinner. If you get seated during the lunch hours you pay the lunch price, even when "dinner hours" kick in.

yedliW

We ate at Tony's on a recent trip and don't understand the hate. The food was good (not great.. but certainly not bad..) and the atmosphere was good. It was a pleasant dining experience. The way it is portrayed on line, it is the worst restaurant in the history of food service..

County my vote for Liberty Tree.. but that might change after the Cantina opens..

Disnee4Me

We ate at Tony's on a recent trip and don't understand the hate. The food was good (not great.. but certainly not bad..) and the atmosphere was good. It was a pleasant dining experience. The way it is portrayed on line, it is the worst restaurant in the history of food service..

Count my vote for Liberty Tree.. but that might change after the Cantina opens..
My only problem with Tony's (and we have ressies there Christmas night, but hoping to snag LTT) is that is doesn't taste like authentic Italian. My mama is a 96 year old "off the boat" Italian and I know what real Italian tastes like. Of course, we haven't eaten there in years so maybe it's a little better than before???

MickeyMomV

We loved the atmosphere and the service was great. For us the food quality was somewhere in-between Fazoli's and Pizza Hut. :(

yedliW

My only problem with Tony's (and we have ressies there Christmas night, but hoping to snag LTT) is that is doesn't taste like authentic Italian. My mama is a 96 year old "off the boat" Italian and I know what real Italian tastes like. Of course, we haven't eaten there in years so maybe it's a little better than before???

We loved the atmosphere and the service was great. For us the food quality was somewhere in-between Fazoli's and Pizza Hut. :(

I guess I wasn't really expecting anything above Olive Garden type quality.. I really didn't even really consider it an 'Italian' restaurant.. more like a regular place that has a couple Italian themed options..

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Be Our Guest. My family also likes Crystal Palace. But then again, we like buffets in general, and have a 6 year old and a 12 year old (and a 47 year old) who love Winnie the Pooh.

MickeyMomV

I guess I wasn't really expecting anything above Olive Garden type quality.. I really didn't even really consider it an 'Italian' restaurant.. more like a regular place that has a couple Italian themed options..
I wish it was Olive Garden quality..... If it was OG quality I would go again. Especially if they had the same bread sticks and salad. :)

ekutchey

For authentic visit one of the Italian restaurants at Epcot or Mama Rosas at HS. Not as good as homemade authentic but better than Tony's.

yedliW

another thing to keep in mind (as i'm sure you are well aware..) "Italian food" varies drastically from region to region in Italy.. Tuscan food is different than Genoa which is different than Rome.. there are common threads.. but there are bigger differences than many people are aware of..

slappy magoo

That's basically it. Lord knows there isn't much to eat at WDW that one could consider a "value" in the truest sense of the world. Food at WDW isn't cheap but there are some meals that are "Cheap for Disney." Great example (though not in MK) would be Trails' End buffet at Fort Wilderness.

Tony's is certainly edible. And if you're using a table credit maybe you don't feel that lack of a value as much. But considering the chepeest meals with a drink are still over 20 bucks and isn't any better than an Olive Garden...

Now if you're talking "value" in terms of "what you'd pay out of pocket versus what you're paying on the meal plan" then by all means get the calamari and the NY Strip steak (or the fish depending on the market price), end up with tiramisu and before you roll yourself out of the restaurant, mentally flip the bird to the Disney accountants who set the "what the market will bear" prices :D

disneylover97

I honestly would say either Crystal Palace (since it is a buffet you get the most of your the credit and it has pretty good food) and my family really enjoyed Tony's- huge portions and very yummy food. I've never been to BOG for dinner because I would rather use a quick service credit for that one but I am sure that would also be a good use of a TS credit and you get to meet the Beast (on my bucket list!!!). Plaza was good, but not worth using a credit on it. And ive never been to Liberty Tree before.

Disnee4Me

That's basically it. Lord knows there isn't much to eat at WDW that one could consider a "value" in the truest sense of the world. Food at WDW isn't cheap but there are some meals that are "Cheap for Disney." Great example (though not in MK) would be Trails' End buffet at Fort Wilderness.

Tony's is certainly edible. And if you're using a table credit maybe you don't feel that lack of a value as much. But considering the chepeest meals with a drink are still over 20 bucks and isn't any better than an Olive Garden...

Now if you're talking "value" in terms of "what you'd pay out of pocket versus what you're paying on the meal plan" then by all means get the calamari and the NY Strip steak (or the fish depending on the market price), end up with tiramisu and before you roll yourself out of the restaurant, mentally flip the bird to the Disney accountants who set the "what the market will bear" prices :D
We are on the meal plan, so the calamari (which my DH loves) would be OOP. But yes most likely we'd get the steak or possibly the shrimp dish.

Disnee4Me

another thing to keep in mind (as i'm sure you are well aware..) "Italian food" varies drastically from region to region in Italy.. Tuscan food is different than Genoa which is different than Rome.. there are common threads.. but there are bigger differences than many people are aware of..
Yes that's true, and other than Rome (see my picture), we didn't venture out of the Abruzzo region on our family trip in 2012, but even there, the pizza was different everywhere we went. If my memory serves me well from last time I ate at Tony's the sauce tasted like the kind you'd find in a jar in the grocery store, not close to a homemade taste at all.

Disnee4Me

For authentic visit one of the Italian restaurants at Epcot or Mama Rosas at HS. Not as good as homemade authentic but better than Tony's.
Yes we did manage to snag a reservation to Mama Rosa's -- had to switch dates around, but we got it!!!

slappy magoo

We are on the meal plan, so the calamari (which my DH loves) would be OOP. But yes most likely we'd get the steak or possibly the shrimp dish.
That's right, no apps. Last two trips we did the Deluxe plan which includes appetizers and desserts. Not that we needed the extra food or could afford the extra dough, but it was easier for us with two small kids. The restaurants were usually themed or otherwise "special" that they often were as important to the kids as any ride. Especially the character meals, of course. We usually did sit down breakfasts and dinners, lunches were half table half counter. And we'd eat so much we'd have more than half of our snack credits left over so we'd buy thinks that'd keep, like the pre-packaged rice krispie treats, and have them when we got home, a way to sort of extend the vacation a few extra days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom