Best off property hotel

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I'll admit seeing it in every post does get old really fast and is a distraction. I know they have multiple Konsultants on the board too so i'm not sure if I've seen just your posts or others too. Its one thing to have it in the sig but I think in every post is pushing it. Just for the record I do run an online company and I sponsor 7 automotive related forums so while i'm new to this forum, i'm not new to forums in general. (Take this whole post with a grain of salt because its just my opinion and I understand trying to get the most from your forum sponsorship, no hard feelings)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's not that I am trying to "push" anything but trying to remind the forum members that they should use someone who is experienced in Disney travel when booking their trips. We are Earmarked by Disney due to the fact that all of my agents are graduates of the College of Disney Knowledge and the fact that we do have a very high volume of sales which gives us the Authorized Disney Vacation Planner status. We know the product very well and rather than see them go with an agency that is not Earmarked we are simply stating something that would help them.

Grain of salt taken...

Pam

Please always remember to use an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner when booking your next Disney vacation such as Kingdom Konsultant Travel.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
that's so funny, lately I myself have been automatically wanting to click "like buttons" for things haha

I love the Gaylord Palms, but they are saying $269.00 a room now. Didn't they have this awesome special for $79.00 during xmas??? I need that now:)

I guess it's the whole "facebook" thing. :lol: Yes they did have an excellent deal but not right now. Do you have AAA? I know that a lot of off site hotels do take that for a discount or perhaps they may offer a discount when booking online like many hotels do.

Let me know if I can help.

Pam

Please always remember to use an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner when booking your next Disney vacation such as Kingdom Konsultant Travel.

SAV

I have stayed at the Sheraton Safari, which was very nice but didn't have a in-room fridge.

The Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista was fantastic. Beautiful grounds, nice rooms. A little pricey. Same with the Residence Inn Sea World. A little more of a drive, but wonderful.

The Courtyard at Vista Place is also a nice place. We seem to always be upgraded to a 1 br suite since we are Marriott members. Best part is you can get this for $60 per night(busy season) using the Entertainment book discount.

forevermickey

Original Poster
I guess it's the whole "facebook" thing. :lol: Yes they did have an excellent deal but not right now. Do you have AAA? I know that a lot of off site hotels do take that for a discount or perhaps they may offer a discount when booking online like many hotels do.

Let me know if I can help.

Pam

Thanks Pam.. the only cards I have are Amex with Jet Blue and Disney Chase.. no AAA :(

WayneMan117

Radisson Inn Lake Buena Vista

Having never been to WDW before..
I really have no references for you.
BUT!! We have our trip planned for
mid April, and our reservations are
at the Radisson Inn LBV...heard &
read "ALOT" of good things about it.
Oh well.. :shrug:

Last year we stayed in Quality Inn Plaza on I-Drive and were very pleased. So much so, we are going back this May. I think its name has changed now to Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando after a major refurb.

Rooms are the usual standard for orlando and clean which is the main thing, and security guards patrol the grounds at night.

Its directly across from Wonderworks and is only a short drive to Disney.

klacker50

I've stayed at the double tree by hilton at seaworld (or what ever its now called) 3 times in its many guises (was international plaza last time i stayed and sheraton world resort before that). It's the quiet end of I-drive and right next to seaworld and aquatica. There are free shuttles to universal and walt disney so its ideal for us as we don't drive when in florida. I aren't the best driver in britain, nevermind confusing me by putting me on the wrong side of a car, on the wrong side of the road and in an automatic!!!

Doubletree is great. Clean and tidy, staff are pleasant, rooms are than adequate (even have ipod docks), pools are clean etc etc. Only deluxe rooms have fridges though. Right opposite the hotel is village inn where we eat breakfast everyday and there is also a petrol station anda bank of shops where you can get littel essentials. Looking to stay agin in 2012 but prices of flights may put a stop to that. :cry:

danstadnik

This is "slightly" off topic, but maybe you all can help...
Looking to travel to WDW in Feb 2012 with my wife, 3 kids, and possibly one or two grandparents - So 3-4 adults and 3 kids.
It seems like its a much better deal to stay off property and rent a van than it is to stay on property in ANY fashion - With the family we've ONLY done on property/ magic express/ etc but my Family of 5 sleeps at Port Orleans just fine. Even bumping to connected rooms at Pop or All Star seem to be MUCH more than getting an off property suite with a lot more room and amenities.
Am I right in thinking this? I'm trying to determine lowest overall price, and factoring in the fact that offsite places have kitchens, and the van gets us to grocery stores, not relying on WDW transportation... The $14 a day to park @ the parks seems OK!

Any thoughts on Buena Vista Suites?

We are tentatively planning a September/October trip to experience MNSSHP and Food and Wine. Didn't have enough points to do our DVC again as we are going to the world this summer too! Got a great rate with MouseSavers...only $89 a night with free breakfast each day of our stay. Pictures looked nice.

kittybubbles

When we can't stay on property, our favorite is Hilton Bonnet Creek (great restaurants between them and the Waldorf, great pool, and great location) , then we check Swan and Dolphin, and then the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney.

Sometimes there are great deals at at least one of those.

FLDIS86

We usually stay off property to save money in the long run. We have stayed at the Caribe Royal and have enjoyed our stay everytime. Has anyone stayed at their sister hotel Beuna Vista Suites?

ritchie56

This is "slightly" off topic, but maybe you all can help...
Looking to travel to WDW in Feb 2012 with my wife, 3 kids, and possibly one or two grandparents - So 3-4 adults and 3 kids.
It seems like its a much better deal to stay off property and rent a van than it is to stay on property in ANY fashion -

You should think about renting a house. For a large group, especially multi generational, it's a great alternative. Much cheaper, and very nice to have the extra space to really relax.

ornurse

LOVE the Hilton Bonnet Creek. Very close to Epcot which is where we spend most of our time. The lazy river pool is wonderful and if you have a small child, it has a zero entry point which is great. Staff is wonderful both inside and at the pool bar/restaurant.
We also stay quite a bit at the Swan but this is a WDW preferred hotel (or some name like that) so you do get the extra magic hours. Both of these hotels have queen beds and refrigerators in the room although no microwaves.
Have a super trip!

lisak09

We really liked the Doubletree Castle on I Drive. As far as i know its no longer owned by Doubletree, i think its a Holiday Inn now but this is the one i would recommend:).

nolatron

Any thoughts on Buena Vista Suites?

We are tentatively planning a September/October trip to experience MNSSHP and Food and Wine. Didn't have enough points to do our DVC again as we are going to the world this summer too! Got a great rate with MouseSavers...only $89 a night with free breakfast each day of our stay. Pictures looked nice.

We stayed at the Buena Vista Suites last November and really enjoyed the hotel. The employees were super nice, they had no problems arranging our room and some friends we meet up with room to be right across the hall from each other.

The rooms are nice, clean, and comfortable. We had a Queen room and our friends had a King. I didn't see the king room much but it did have a larger front "living room" with a desk and coffee table, while our queen just had a coffee table with the usual sofa/seat combo. There's a mini-fridge too which was nice to have for drinks/left overs/etc... Oddly enough, I don't have interior pics of the rooms like I usually have.

We had our 2 yr old daughter with us, so we love the suite setup because we can put her to bed in the front, shut the door and stay up in the bedroom without worrying about waking her up. The bathroom/shower/sink is also on the bedroom side of the door too.

The free breakfast is the morning is..well... free breakfast. I stick to cereal in the morning anyway when I travel so it good enough for me. But everyone ate it and seemed to like it.

My other huge favorite thing about BVS is the location. It's extremely easy to get from the hotel to the parks and vice versa because it's right on World Center Drive.

We're planning on staying here again in the future cause we really like the hotel, the location and you can't beat the price. I'd highly recommend it.

Edeyore

I stayed at the Best Western Lake Buena Vista. It is very convenient to Downtown Disney.
We also stayed on the 16th Floor. From our balcony we were actually able to see, MK, Epcot and Disney Studios. We even watched Illuminations from a distance one night.

Hot4Hudgens

I stay on Disney property more times than not, but if I don't I stay at Buena Vista Palace. It's walking distance from DTD and down the street from all the restaraunts and such on Int'l Drive. Stayed there twice before and making it a 3rd at the end of the month. Really nice place that they've just recently renovated. Anyone else stay there before? (Believe it was called Wyndham Palace until recently)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom