Best of WDW!

sandwich, the Earl's Club from Earl of Sandwich. Full Montagu is good as well. the best thing about Earl's the bread, love it. the turkey foccaccia sammie at Sunshine Seasons was also good and whatever turkey/swiss sandwich I had at the Norway bakery (though I wasn't informed that it included mayonnaise....not pleased about that.)

alcoholic beverage, Welsh Dragon from Rose & Crown

Figment632

Original Poster
No new question today so..... How about BEST DRINK WITH ALCOHOL??

We covered this topic already earlier in the thread.

Good morning everyone today's topic will be Steak. Where in WDW is the best steak.

For me it would have to be the Strip at Le Cellie.

wdwwdeagle

Sandwich: I really enjoyed the turkey/brie sandwich at ESPN Club, of all places. Someone on this forum suggested it (was it dizneypryncess???) and it was tasty.

Steak: The wagyu (waygu?) steak at V&A is probably the most amazing food (not just steak, but overall food) I've ever tasted. Incredible.

Also, I don't know if the ostrich filet at Cali. Grill counts since it's not beef, but it is a steak, and it's really, really good.

stlbobby

The fillet at the California Grill is outstanding. The marinade is to die for.

Narcoossee's does a great fillet, but this the sauce is thicker and more dominating. Yachtsman's is also a great choice.

Phonedave

I normally do not waste my time with a filet, but the filet mignon at the Yachtsman Steakhouse is excellent.

Ah, a kindred spirit. :)

I never understood how a fillet became the be-all end-all of steak.

I have had on and off steaks all over WDW. I would like to see Le Chefs de France serve up a steak frites. If there is anything that belongs at that menu, it is a good steak frites - made with an onglet, maybe it scares away to many people ?

However, since you can't get that in WDW, I would have to go with the best I have ever had there was Kobe beef at V&A.

As far as something a little more pedestrian, the Flank Steak at Garden Grill can be very good. It can also be very bad. I have had it both ways.

I make the Garden Grill marinade at home, and when I make the Garden Grill Flank steak it is always a hit. In fact I marinated some chicken in it for 48 hours and grilled them up last night. I had to beat my kids off with a stick to get some for myself :)

-dave

Tinkermommy

The turkey focaccia from starring rolls bakery in DHS is really good and huge. It's also nice to grab one of the giant butterfinger cupcakes for dessert. :)

Butterfinger cupcakes?! Wow, yum

Going to Le Cellier for the first time on our May trip. Being from Seattle I have to try the coffee rubbed strip steak.

Going back to fav drink - the Sangria at the Trails End is surprisingly good. (Even better when it is all you can drink at the Hoop De Do)

lebeau

Just got back from WDW!

Going back to spicy food for a minute, my wife got some nachos from the Mexico pavillion counter service. They had some heat to them thanks to generous amounts of jalepenos. I finished off the dish for her and even lukewarm it was good.

Sandwich? I don't care for WDW burgers. They are okay. Tried Earl of Sandwich this week. And while it didn't quite live up to the hype it gets around here, there's no beating the price (at least at WDW). I had the Original 1776. Tasty.

Steak? I rarely eat steak at WDW. We've never gotten in at Le Cellier. (We haven't tried particuarily hard either.) I had steak twice last week. Once at the Garden Grill and once at the Sci Fi Dine-In (once again eating my wife's left overs.) I found the butcher steak at Sci Fi to be a touch bloody for me, so I'll give the nod to the flank steak at the Garden Grill. My wife would give you the opposite rankings (Unless she saw the bloody butcher's steak under a light. Then she'd throw up.)

I'm going to go waaay back to pasta. I had a couple of pasta dishes. The seafood pasta at Hollywood and Vine was surprisingly yummy. But you can't beat the value of the "build your own pasta" at the Port Orleans Riverside food court! Fantastic!

stlbobby

Steak? I rarely eat steak at WDW. We've never gotten in at Le Cellier. (We haven't tried particuarily hard either.) I had steak twice last week. Once at the Garden Grill and once at the Sci Fi Dine-In (once again eating my wife's left overs.) I found the butcher steak at Sci Fi to be a touch bloody for me, so I'll give the nod to the flank steak at the Garden Grill. My wife would give you the opposite rankings (Unless she saw the bloody butcher's steak under a light. Then she'd throw up.)

I'm glad you like them, but you picked two of the least steaks in all of WDW. If you want a steak try Le Cellier, California Grill, or Yachtsman's.

I am a big proponent of choosing what a restaurant specializes in when eating there, not just at WDW but anywhere. The flank steak is probably what the GG is known for, but Sci-Fi is all about the burgers and shakes.

Phonedave

You are correct sir.

By the way, I was not trying to be a pain about your comment.

No harm, no foul.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, what did you think steak frites were? Steak fries ? I did that myself :) A lot of the time you see it steak-frites as in steak AND fries. It can be misleading.

-dave

lebeau

I'm glad you like them, but you picked two of the least steaks in all of WDW. If you want a steak try Le Cellier, California Grill, or Yachtsman's.

I am a big proponent of choosing what a restaurant specializes in when eating there, not just at WDW but anywhere. The flank steak is probably what the GG is known for, but Sci-Fi is all about the burgers and shakes.

I agree. Sci Fi was kind of a last minute thing for us. I had planned to go the burger and shake route, but they weren't on the dinner menu. I got the ribs which were decent. My wife got the steak which she liked. In fact, she considered it one of the best meals she had on this trip.

(Although I think she may have been influenced by the carmel cheesecake.)

We're not big steak-eaters, so we haven't really sought out steak at WDW. I definitely intend to try Le Cellier sometime when the kids are older. Most of our dining selections have been based around places we thought the four-year-old would like.

Figment632

Original Poster
Good Morning everyone todays topic will be snackcart Item? What WDW snack cart (TurkeyLeg, popcorn ect) is the best?

For me it has to be the pretzals in Germany.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom