Best Non-Disneyland hotel

redfive13

Original Poster
Guys & Gals.... Was planning on surprising my daughter with a DL trip to see it done up for the holidays, but all the Disney hotels are booked. So, what is the best off property Disneyland Hotel that is within walking distance?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We stayed at the Fairfield a few years back. Nice and clean. Walking distance and close to the McDonalds which was handy for breakfast each morning

RadiatorSpringsRacer

I can vouch for the Fairfeld too - great place all around. I enjoyed being able to walk over to Millie's for breakfast before heading out to the park when I took my trip last year, but from what I hear, the place is closed now... :(

donsullivan

Premium Member
I've stayed at that Fairield many times over the years and very much like it as well. Just last weekend, I stayed at a brand new Courtyard right next to the Fairfield that is really nice and less than 6 months old. One unique feature the Courtyard has is bunk beds in all rooms and a split bath with separate shower room and tub. They also include a small refrigerator and microwave which is a nice extra.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I usually stay at the Best Western Anaheim Inn, cheap, clean and a very short walk to the parks.

When all you need is a bed, a close one is nice.

cslafferty

We've stayed at the Fairfield a couple of times, but the last time was about ten years ago. This Dec. we are trying the Carousel Inn, since I had heard that Disney had purchased it. Any thoughts on that hotel?

TP2000

First choice is the brand new Courtyard that's an 8 minute walk from the Disneyland main entrance. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/snadt-courtyard-anaheim-theme-park-entrance/

Second choice is the beloved Fairfield Inn right next door. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/laxoc-fairfield-inn-anaheim-resort/

Within 100 yards of each of these two hotels there's a Mimi's Café for good sit-down food, a nice McDonald's for fast breakfast, and a new Panera Bread opening this Christmas where the old Millie's Restarurant (that was horrible) used to be.

Third choice would be the highly rated Howard Johnson's across the street. http://www.hojoanaheim.com/

Last edited:

TP2000

We've stayed at the Fairfield a couple of times, but the last time was about ten years ago. This Dec. we are trying the Carousel Inn, since I had heard that Disney had purchased it. Any thoughts on that hotel?

Disney purchased the land that hotel is on, but they do not own or operate the hotel itself. They purchased that land so they can condemn and bulldoze the Carousel Inn to replace it with a massive skybridge structure with moving sidewalks that lead to the new 5,000+ space parking structure Disney will build just east of the Carousel Inn.

If I were you, I wouldn't mention this to the Carousel Inn employees since they know this is their future reality and they will soon lose their jobs because Disney has bought their property. It could be an awkward interaction for you.

PacNWTigger

I've stayed at The Annabella a few times. It's not a bad walk if you go through Grand Californian to get to Downtown Disney and the parks. The downfall is walking through Downtown Disney past Haagen Daaz to get back to the hotel. I don't think we ever made it past there at night w/out ice cream! :p

ght

BWPPI or Tropicana (or the ones near them like Park Vue and Desert Inn). They aren't luxury but they are as close as you can get to the park gates and for a lazy guy like me that is priority number 1. :)

Last edited:

ForeverAnna

I've stayed at The Annabella a few times. It's not a bad walk if you go through Grand Californian to get to Downtown Disney and the parks. The downfall is walking through Downtown Disney past Haagen Daaz to get back to the hotel. I don't think we ever made it past there at night w/out ice cream! :p

I love to get Haagen Daaz and hang out in the Grand's lobby while I eat it. Makes for a really good place to relax in the afternoon on a hot day.

JillC LI

Loved the Best Western park Place Inn & Suites last year. Clean and comfortable and directly across the street from the park entrances. Can't get much closer except at the Californian. Includes a hot breakfast buffet. And the price was right. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Kramerica

I know the hojo is always spoken highly upon. The only one I have personal experience with thought is Fairfield. I really liked it. Clean. comfortable. Very close. Prices aren't bad.

Texas84

Funny story. Booked the new Holiday Inn Express and went back later to check reviews. It still wasn't open and they had changed the opening on the Holiday Inn web site to a date that was AFTER my booking. No one called me. There were actually reviews where visitors with reservations showed up to a hotel still under construction!

I cancelled and booked the Fairfield. Very nice with awesome views of the parks and the fireworks. Staff was very friendly. My only complaint was that the rooms are on the outside and I have some height issues. The 7th floor was a bit scary for me. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom