Best Neighborhoods?

jaime_1234

Original Poster
I know there are a lot of gated communities near Disney World, and I am looking to buy a house in a gated community to use as a vacation home and to rent out when I am not using it. Does anyone know the names of some of the newer gated communities near Disney World? I am looking for a newer home that is still really affordable. Any suggestions?

Duckberg

take it SLOW

jaime_1234,

I would take it SLOW:

1. Orlando prices are still going DOWN :eek:!
2. Rental market is NOT :mad: good right now!
3. Job layoffs @ WDW not finalized YET :lookaroun

Duckberg :cool:

PS IMO exposure to the Orlando/WDW area
housing market NOT a good move at this time!

tobedard

Duckberg is right. The Orlando area housing market is continuing to fall. If your patient you'll be able to buy a great home in a great development very cheap.

We just recently rented a vacation home in the Orange Tree development on Rt 27 in Clermont. It's at the western end of 192. We like the development because of the location. The homes are not new by most standards, but are between 5-10 years old.

The other thing I agree with Duckberg is that the rental market is not good right now. The gloomy economy is hitting central Florida extremely hard. The area is saturated with rental properties that can not be filled. At this point in time a vacation home should not be counted on for income.

Last thing I would say is to find out if the development will allow the property to be used for rentals. Some of the newer developments are not allowing rentals so that they can maintain a "neighborhood community" feeling.

jaime_1234

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice! I'm not really in any rush, so I am taking things slow. I'm starting to focus on looking at the Clermont/Haines City/Davenport areas, so I will probably sit back for a little bit and see if the prices continue to fall, like you guys said. As for the rental market, I'm definitely not planning on using rental income to help pay for the house or anything - if I can rent it out, great, if not, I'm not too worried about it. It really would be more of a vacation home than and investment property.

Thanks again for the info :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom