Best Month/Days to Visit? (Oct, Nov, Dec)

Makayla

Hello,

I will be taking my first trip to Disney in 2016. I had originally planned on going during my birthday weekend... Arriving on October 1st and leaving on the 5th. One of those days (Most likely the 4th, my birthday) I plan on attending the Halloween party.

BUT I just recently came across a popular blog with a list of the best and worst times to visit WDW.. according to the post the days I planned on visiting would most likely have heavy crowds due to something called 'fall break.' Which honestly I've never heard of in Texas.. supposedly schools let out for like a week for Columbus day. (??) I am wanting to avoid heavy crowds. So I would like some opinions.

Also, if those are heavy days which month (Oct, Nov, Dec) /days would you recommend?

and LASTLY- Which is a better party to attend? Halloween or Christmas?

smk

Party wise, I would go to MNSSHP every night I could. I love it! We go in late September early October and we love it at that time of the year. The crowds have been heavy tho, but the weather is great. Warm days, cooler nights, less humidity. Never been in November but it on our list this year for our Grandsons third birthday on the 14th. However, October is looking like the best option for all of us, we'll see. December is great, we have been twice on Christmas day thru the New Year. We can no longer tolerate the crowds and the weather is so un predictable! Both times we have gone it has been unseasonably cold and that is a real downer. Can't control that, however, it has played into our choice of the months we plan to go. My two new directives are no off site resorts and I must get 7 FULL nights at WDW. Anything less and I feel cheated!

Upvote 0

PrincessAnastasia

I've been at the middle/end of October several times (normally leave around 29th), and it is my favourite time to go (also been in February, July and am going this December). The Halloween Party is great, and I love the trick or treat that they run. There have always been low wait times, especially compared to other times of the year- Pirates, Small World, Winnie the Pooh etc are pretty much walk ons. If timed correctly, you can also do the food and wine at Epcot, which is fun. I have struggled to get all of the dining reservations I want for the Christmas period, but have never had this issue in October (managed to get Be Our Guest at 7pm on my birthday last time!). It is definitely my favourite time to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom