Best Moderate for Disney Honeymoon

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Hello Gang! I am a LONG time lurker and now finally have the guts to post :happy:. Me and my fiancee have started planning our Disney Honeymoon. We would Love to stay at AKL but that just dose not seem to be in our price range even with a split stay :(. However I wanted to know pros and cons for the moderate resorts for a Honeymoon. We will be staying the first or second week of November 2015, our wedding is the 7th!!! We are both huge Disney Fans, and have made trips with our families, this will be our first trip to the World together!

My favorites so far have been the PO Riverside or the Caribbean Beach, so any comparison on those two in-particular would be much appreciated! Also if anyone has any suggestions or Disney Honeymoon advice as well I would love to hear it!

Tom 55

Hello Gang! I am a LONG time lurker and now finally have the guts to post :happy:. Me and my fiancee have started planning our Disney Honeymoon. We would Love to stay at AKL but that just dose not seem to be in our price range even with a split stay :(. However I wanted to know pros and cons for the moderate resorts for a Honeymoon. We will be staying the first or second week of November 2015, our wedding is the 7th!!! We are both huge Disney Fans, and have made trips with our families, this will be our first trip to the World together!

My favorites so far have been the PO Riverside or the Caribbean Beach, so any comparison on those two in-particular would be much appreciated! Also if anyone has any suggestions or Disney Honeymoon advice as well I would love to hear it!

My favorite hotel for my anniversaries is POFQ. I have stayed at POR and visited CB so I have a basis to compare. If you stay at POR it is a big resort area. There are long walks to the pool or Food Court if you stay in most of the resort. There are 4 different bus stops so any trip in our out has added time on the buses. When the buses are shared with POFQ they stop at FQ first so even more delays. With CB it is one of the larger resorts so again a lot of walking to Food Court. There are multiple pools around so that is not as much of a walk. There are 6 or 7 different bus stops going around the resorts so even more time spent on the buses. With POFQ you can still rent the horse draw carriages and walk along the same riverbanks. Get the same boats to and from Down Town Disney.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I'd second looking into DVC point rentals for AKL. You are planning at the right time since owners can't start to book until December 2014, so that works in your favor with mostly wide open availability. A Savannah View studio would be 116 points for the week, and at the going rental rate of $14 per point, would cost $1624ish. POFQ/POR/CS looks like its $204/$226 midweek/weekend, so roughly $1472. $150 difference. You could look at a standard view studio at 88 points, or $1232 rental, but you may end up with parking lot view. If you still want to stay Mod, I'd suggest POFQ or CS. FQ is just smaller and more intimate, while CS caters more towards the adult convention crowd, so a tad more nightlife/adult type things going on. Downsides, DVC rental means no daily mousekeeping, but this lets you "sleep in". POFQ is just the CS location, and may share buses with POR. CS is a bit larger, so multiple bus stops on property/internal shuttle, and their food choices operate differently that the others on property.

Have fun whatever you decide.

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

We stayed at coronado for our honeymoon and it was awesome. The best bus service we've ever had.

Alternatively, you could possibly go to dvcrequest.com And look into prices for animal kingdom Lodge. You could spend 1,000- $1,330 for a week depending on rooms and availability. (We've done this too).

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

The Port Orleans resorts are both beautiful and romantic!

(Although, have you looked into the cost of renting DVC points for an ALK studio? It might be in your budget... price it out on David's DVC Rentals if you're interested...)

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

I would say POFQ or the mansion rooms at PORS. The boat ride to Downtown Disney is a plus. Also if you stay there, take the horse carriage ride that starts at Riverside by the Mill.

Upvote 0

zakattack99

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thank you for all the replies! I had never looked into or knew about DVC rental until a nice member on here sent me a pm about them!! We are looking into this option now because to us for a few $100 it makes sence to have our dream resort at AKL. So my next question is has anyone done that? What has been your experience, how dose it work, or where is a good reliable site to use? (Idk if you are allowed to share here or not)

Upvote 0

J_Carioca

I've stayed at all the moderates and had my own honeymoon at WDW. You've got to go with Coronado! I did (it was the first time I stayed there), and it was fantastic. Like others have said, it has the feel of a more expensive, luxurious resort. The rooms are very appealing and elegant, in a "grown-up" way. The pool is fantastic. The landscaping is lush. The food options are very good and in my opinion much better than any of the other mods. The bus service is dedicated and very good, in my experience. There are fewer kids, as others have mentioned. Finally, its location is great: it's only about 5 minutes to AK, Epcot and HS, and about 10 seconds away from Blizzard Beach.

Aside from CS, all of the mods could make for a great honeymoon. It depends on what you value most. Riverside is the prettiest, I think, though CBR is also very pretty. Be prepared to walk A LOT at CBR, though, and to have limited food choices. Riverside and FQ have the boat to DTD, which can be quite romantic. Most importantly, don't feel that you have to break the budget to stay at a deluxe. Quite frankly you'll probably be away from the resort a lot of the time anyway. You can have a great honeymoon at a mod!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Thank you for all the replies! I had never looked into or knew about DVC rental until a nice member on here sent me a pm about them!! We are looking into this option now because to us for a few $100 it makes sence to have our dream resort at AKL. So my next question is has anyone done that? What has been your experience, how dose it work, or where is a good reliable site to use? (Idk if you are allowed to share here or not)

I would go check out the DVC section of the forums here. Asking about point rentals happens fairly regularly over there, so you can see alot of feedback and responses.

Basically working with one of the reputable brokers takes most of the worry out of the transaction. They have contracts that are well used, and I don't think anyone has really challenged them, and I have seen at least one instance where the renter had a problem with their ressie being cancelled, and the broker made it right for them. Some of the DVC resellers have entered the game recently, I think their prices are a dollar or two lower per point, but I haven't seen much feedback about them yet. Dealing with the owner directly can be significantly cheaper ($8 vs $14 per point) but unless you know and trust the owner, it can be risky. In either case, the owner technically owns the reservation and needs to make changes to it, add dining plan etc, even though your name is on it.

Upvote 0
I was just able to successfully obtain a reservation for next September 2015 through David's Vacation Club rentals. I am staying in a value studio room at Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House) for $ 133.00 per night. The key to getting the room you want is planning ahead. I sent David's my request about 8 days before the 11 month booking window opened and asked them to hold on to it until the first available day the reservation could be procured. Keep in mind that renting DVC points is a non-refundable transaction and you must pay in full as soon as they are able to complete your request. You can always buy trip insurance in case something goes wrong. This was the first time I have ever rented points and I have a feeling it will not be my last. The employees at David's are very professional. There is a $ 98.00 deposit which can be refunded if they are unsuccessful obtaining your requested reservation. I have been on cloud nine for the last three days with excitement. I will be in WDW 11 months from now. Woo Hoo!

Upvote 0

Bedknobs and Broomsticks

My DH and I stayed at POR for our Disneymoon in September 2012 and LOVED it! That moderate will always have a special place in our hearts. :happy:

We especially enjoyed the boat to DTD in the evening for dinner, drinks, and entertainment. One evening after a very delicious dinner at Fulton's Crab House we were strolling hand in hand and came across live musicians playing... we stopped to listen for a few minutes... then noticed a few couples had started dancing! My DH looked at me, smiled, took my hand and we started dancing too! It was pure Disney magic and we'll never forget it! :inlove:

Anyway... back to POR... the food court was wonderful, strolling along the river in the evening was romantic, and the rooms in the Mansion section are beautiful and comfortable. The staff was very courteous and made sure we had a king size bed and had a room close to the main building for our Disneymoon!

Also, we were going to stay at POR again next year when we visit for our third anniversary but really wanted to stay at AKL. We're renting DVC points through David's DVC and our split stay between WL (5 nights) and AKL (4 nights) will come out to about the same as POR (9 nights). Just a thought! ;)

Upvote 0

zakattack99

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks Guys! I think we will be asking Davids to book our stay! have to double check with my Fiancee. You have all been so much help! I will keep you all updated as to what we decide and any other questions as we get closer to our trip!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom