Best Missed Attraction or Parade...

jrashadb

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
Anyone miss Communicore East and West?

I am also a strange one who misses the original preshow film at the Universe of Energy - Oil Shale, The Rock that Burns - Energy, you are the proud, you make the world go round and round.....You make the world go round.

I remember all of that and I'm right there with you. I really like Ellen's Energy Advanture and I think Ellen's funny, but I really enjoyed those screens. I also liked "You Make the World Go Round." I still listen to thgat song every now and then.
And, the Communicore's were great. Do you remember the mechanical fountain of information they had. I forget the name if it, but I liked that thing a lot.

Testtrack321

Original Poster
Anyone like SURPIRSE IN THE SKY?

But the all time clasic was that Muppet stage show they had at MGM before the Little Mermade. Animal stealing the monorail is a classic.

This is a tough one...

MK---CoP if they don't bring it back to full time use and 20,000 leagues.

MGM--- I believe it was monster sounds (Drew Carey sucks!)

Epcot --- Horizons and Communicore

As for a parade ToN has got to come back after the 100 yom celebration ends!

If I could only bring back one it would have to be Horizons. :)

PuertoRekinSam

I miss the old SE ending. Sure the view of the Earth is cool. But I love Tomorrow's Child. Not for the words, but for the instrmental part.

I do like the music that currently ends the ride, but it's no Tomorrow's Child

cymbaldiva

I really miss Horizons :cry: , WOM, Mr. Toad, Communicore, and COP not up and running as it should!

Oh, and it will always be WED People mover to me! :animwink: I'm old-school though...I still call the resorts DL and PO! :lol:

JEDI1138

Yeah, I remember what they did to If You Had Wings when Eastern went under. They renamed it If You Could Fly and removed all references to Eastern (including the logo on the Airplane). Shortly after, Delta took over as sponsor and create Dreamflight. Buzz Lightyear is much better but I will always miss If You Had Wings.

I am also a strange one who misses the original preshow film at the Universe of Energy - Oil Shale, The Rock that Burns - Energy, you are the proud, you make the world go round and round.....You make the world go round.
Hey, don't get mad at me, I am a Science Teacher. I loved the technical aspect of the 100 syncronized rotating screens.

What was the BIG deal about Dreamflight? Was it any different than If You Had Wings? Which I rode numerous times because it was a FREE attraction (NO Ticket required)

And as for the Screens, WHOA, That was Incredible! They were not functioning when EPCOT Center opened, but I kept going back during the first year and they finally had them going, and it was like watching the show all over again. The sounds they created when rotating, only added to the experience in my opinion.

MicBat

Originally posted by jrashadb

I remember all of that and I'm right there with you. I really like Ellen's Energy Advanture and I think Ellen's funny, but I really enjoyed those screens. I also liked "You Make the World Go Round." I still listen to thgat song every now and then.
And, the Communicore's were great. Do you remember the mechanical fountain of information they had. I forget the name if it, but I liked that thing a lot.

I'm with ya man!! I think Ellen is hilarious.. "Yeah, I bet your shocked to see me here. It'd be like you changing your litter box and me being in there like, 'hey!' Or say I was in your washing machine..." :lol: :lol:
What can I say? I'm a sucker for corny jokes. "Finding Nemo" looks awesome!!! I've always loved the songs, "Energy (You Make the World Go Round)" and "The Universe of Energy" but I'd much rather see "Ellen's Energy Adventure." I was just listening to "Energy (YMTWGR)" the other day and it cracks me up!! It's like a love song.. but about energy! :lol:

Hey, don't get mad at me, I am a Science Teacher. I loved the technical aspect of the 100 syncronized rotating screens.

You remind me so much of my old physics teacher! :lol:

I'd have to say I miss "Dreamflight" the most! When I first went on that, it was like I had discovered something at WDW (there being a waiting time of 0min and all) I liked the song at the end too! Anyone know where I could get it?

mickeyfanatics

Dreamflight and If You Had Wings were very different - If You had Wings had 3-d models and a cool song, Dreamflight had cardboard cutouts, kinda like Food Rocks.

Thanks for remembering the sound the screens made in the original Universe of Energy. I just had a flashback to it. Also, Kitched Kabaret needs to come back.

jrashadb

OK... I wanted to give myself some time to think about this. I needed some time to explain why I miss Horizons so much.
First of all, I know SE is the icon and maybe it should be the ride that holds the park together, but when I was growing up, Horizons was the ride that held the park together... at least it was for me.
Sure, if you look back on it now with objective eyes, you can see the flaws and the reasons they got rid of it... It was kinda corny, to be honest. At least, it would be now. Plus, a lot of the stuff they said was coming for the 21st Century never panned out. I'm not living on Alpha Centuri, and neither are you.
In order for Horizons to be a viable ride in this day and age, they would have had to a major refurb. And, we all know what happens when rides are refurbed. All the things we love about them are scrapped and replaced by something that may not be bad, but certainly isn't as good as it used to be.
With all that said, I miss the hell out of that ride, I really do. Hearing "If We Can Dream It..." as I walked out of the ride... That was great stuff.

bearboysnc

Originally posted by MicBat
I've always loved the songs, "Energy (You Make the World Go Round)" and "The Universe of Energy" but I'd much rather see "Ellen's Energy Adventure."

"Take my hand, here we go.... to the UNIVERSE OF ENERGY"

JoeZerboy

Magic Kingdom -- Well, gee...I was hoping that someone else would've mentioned this one before me. For me, the magic at WDW really hit me when I got to see the Main Street Electrical Parade. A combination of all the lights, the music [Baroque Hoedown], the general whimsy of it all...

EPCOT -- For me, a tie between Horizons, the original Journey Into Imagination, Captain EO, and being able to buy Bassett's Jelly Babies in the UK Pavilion's tea & candy shop.

celticdog

As a child i can remember how cool "Mission to the Moon" was. I can still feel the chair vibrating, i can still see Mission Control and the video screens on the floor and ceiling of the Command Modual. What a neat ride.

stingrock23

I've got a few that I really miss.

Horizons.
World of Motion
Mr. Toad's
Journey into imagination.

It's a sad sight that 3 of these come from the same park. it goes to show why Epcot is in need of financial help to boost attendance. When you get rid of attractions that create so much happiness and good memories for people, attendance will slip.
i wish there was a place or park where we could ride all old and removed attractions. maybe this could be disney's 5th park in the orlando area. Walt Yesterworld.

CAPTAIN HOOK

When we were last at WDW we watched and loved Tapestry Of Nations - Now we havent been back in 18 months and I know its changed, but we will miss it when we return.

Grumpy56

Mr Toad, because of the train and the ride to h*ll, the submarines and I'll never forget the night we saw the fireworks from the Skyway, awesome!

bdhowell

Magic Kingdom:

Take Flight/Dreamflight
COP (when not in operation)
Magic Skyway

EPCOT:

JII/Upstairs ImageWorks
Horizons

Disney/MGM Studios:

Hunchback

Animal Kingdom:

Countdown to Extinction

:(

Definatley Mr. Toad.:(
Hey mickeyfanatics, I have all of the original View Master reels from the '70's, and there is a really good picture of the BTMRR area. Just a grassy knoll at that time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom