Best Mexican restaurant

Otterhead

Which Epcot Mexican places is the better one?
The San Angel Inn (the one inside the pyramid) is in my experience a better meal and more upscale than La Hacienda (overlooking the lagoon). It's more expensive and it's very dark inside, so if you'd like a more casual and bright meal, or want to book a reservation to watch Illuminations while you eat, go for La Hacienda.

G8rchamps

San Angel is "better" but it does depend on what experience your looking for.

The guacamole in the tequila bar is pretty good too, and so is the tequila flight;)

Otterhead

The guacamole in the tequila bar is pretty good too, and so is the tequila flight;)
Yeah, if it's not too crazy busy, and you just want a snack and a place to chill, La Cava de Tequila is wonderful. Ignore the line outside of people ordering a margarita to go and get a seat inside. Tequila flights are very good and affordable. If you sit at the bar they'll do a custom mescal flight that's even better.

ewalk22

We just got back from a trip and tried La Hacienda...It was honestly the WORST meal I have ever had in my life. Absolutely terrible!!

Schneewittchen

It really depends on what you're looking for. I love San Angel Inn for the ambiance (boats, volcanoes, dim lighting), but the food is really similar to a chain sit down Tex Mex like On the Border or Chevy's.

La Cantina is really just good for a quick, cool adult beverage and an order of lovely, fried, tasty, wonderful churros.... I find the rest of the menu kind of nasty.

Never been to La Hacienda.

Jess G

uh oh this thread if making me nervous for my upcoming la hacienda reservation... I wanted to try for illuminations

Tinkerfan4ever

uh oh this thread if making me nervous for my upcoming la hacienda reservation... I wanted to try for illuminations

I think you will be just fine. We ate there last week for the first time, for the same reason as you, Illuminations. We thought the food was good (we have eaten at all of the Mexican restaurants now). I do think it was a little louder than San Angel, but the food was good. Enjoy your time and don't worry about your reservation!

danyoung56

As far as atmosphere, San Angel Inn wins hands down. It's fun dining in the dark, similar to the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. As far as quality of food, in my experience (and I've eaten at both places several times over the years) the Hacienda de San Angel is by far the winner. I can't understand someone having a bad meal there, although I guess it can happen - I've always had really tasty food and great service in a beautiful room.

There's nothing really wrong with the food in the San Angel Inn. In fact they had a big menu change a few years ago, and now it's up to par with other World Showcase restaurants. They used to serve plain ol' Tostitos chips with a really bland dip that tasted like plain tomato paste. Now their chips are hot and fresh, and they have 2 salsas, both with great taste and one with actually a bit of fire to it. Very nice!

But that food from La Hacienda is excellent -

Jess G

I think you will be just fine. We ate there last week for the first time, for the same reason as you, Illuminations. We thought the food was good (we have eaten at all of the Mexican restaurants now). I do think it was a little louder than San Angel, but the food was good. Enjoy your time and don't worry about your reservation!

did you have any issues getting a decent view?

harryk

Did Illuminations last year, meal was great, view really good, worth a try if you want to. I'd do it again.

TXDisney

San Angel I here is great. One of the few table service restaurants we haven't been to in WS, and that's mainly bc living in Texas we eat Tex/Mex quite a bit, but I think we might try it our next visit.

Eddie Garrison

We really enjoy the San Angel Inn and have always had good meals and the ambiance there is of course a huge draw and makes the meal better to me.

The argument of Tex-Mex & "real" Mexican food is of course on-going, full of opinions just as other food comparisons from any other country and regions of said country.

To be honest, I much more enjoy the "Mexican" food in the U.S. than I do any food I have ever eaten in Mexico. We have had the fortune of traveling to Mexico on several occasions. The Yucatan, Mexico City, Monterrey & La Paz. All had their own Mexican cuisine as well as ingredients that differed greatly between all regions/cities.

While it was all OK, nothing was so much better and more "Mexican" than I have eaten here in the U.S.

If you are used to and like "Mexican" food in your home town, you will be just fine with San Angel Inn. It may even be better!

Enjoy your trip!

Tinkerfan4ever

did you have any issues getting a decent view?

We booked at 7:45pm meal and went in with the attitude "we are going to be happy with whatever seat we get". We were seated very close to a window, only one table between us and the view. The family sitting there was very nice and the dad even moved because my shorter daughter couldn't see over him (even while sitting). It was a fun time. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

jprieur

Ive always found the shrimp tacos at La Hacienda to be pretty good, they have a nice lime crema sauce that I really like. Used to really love their corn ice cream until that fell off the menu over a year ago.

I do like San Angel Inn, but I dont like how many tables they have jammed in there - way to close for my liking.

Mickey5150

Never been to La Hacienda and it's been years since I've been to San Angel, but I did enjoy the meal and the atmosphere. If you want the best Mexican food in all of WDW then head to Disney Springs and go to Frontera Cocina.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom