Best Drink On Property??

HouCuseChickie

OK...so, I like to have a drink where I can taste the alcohol. I've found that anything frozen...including the frozen margaritas at La Cava and the popular slushes in France...just lack the potency of the hand mixed drinks. We've also found that the drinks served in the resorts tend to pack more punch than those in the parks.

That being said, I think the Lapu Lapu at Tambu Lounge in the Poly would be my #1 choice for my first official legal drink. I mean, you'll probably have pics of this moment and you drinking out of a large pineapple has a certain added something that a regular drink just can't cover. You can even get a tropical drink umbrella and add it to your hair for some extra fun :)

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
In all seriousness (rare for me) there really is very, very little great and true craft beer (or mass produced) I've had anywhere on property at WDW. The craft selection at F&W is weak and really limited. Germany has decent popular German beers (the Buds of Germany) and Sam Adams is not bad, especially some of their seasonals. Otherwise, meh. Heck, after a few who cares anyway?? My personal favorite beer at WDW is Inness and Gunn at Scotland during F&W and at ESPN Club all year. Great stuff.
I'm just learning wine, but I suspect that it's not really different for that either. It's Disney...go for the attractions and the service. Stay home for the drinking.
My plan is not to get drunk... trust me. I am there for WDW, not for drinking. This was kind of thrown at me by my parents and I realized I didn't know much about drinks at WDW so I figured I'd ask everyone here. Thanks for all the tips :)

For the Bloody Mary its the bar at the corner of Lion King and the Safari :)

Aquavit or Akvavit is an aquired taste .. think Vodka laced with caraway. Not as dreadful as Uzo or Grappa, but not something you'd like off the bat.
Yeah the Aquavit does not sound like something up my alley lol. The bloody Mary, maybe...

6th time? It has to be the Lapu Lapu at the Poly, a rum drink served in a pineapple. Can it be any other?

Have you figured out by now that WDW is more than Its a Small World and Dumbo?
haha, I have definitely figured that out! My family goes all the time, so this trip is huge for my parents. They have been waiting for my 21st and to celebrate in WDW. I think I've decided on the Lapu Lapu

Lapu Lapu is a must do!
I think that's the winner!

I always look forward to a Fiesta Margarita at Epcot. Also, the Yak Attack at AK is a yummy fruity drink and one of my favorites. :hungry:
I've tried the Fiesta Margarita last time when my mom had it, I did like that. Definitely have to get one

OK...so, I like to have a drink where I can taste the alcohol. I've found that anything frozen...including the frozen margaritas at La Cava and the popular slushes in France...just lack the potency of the hand mixed drinks. We've also found that the drinks served in the resorts tend to pack more punch than those in the parks.

That being said, I think the Lapu Lapu at Tambu Lounge in the Poly would be my #1 choice for my first official legal drink. I mean, you'll probably have pics of this moment and you drinking out of a large pineapple has a certain added something that a regular drink just can't cover. You can even get a tropical drink umbrella and add it to your hair for some extra fun :)
I am actually following along with your TR and I remember you talking about the premixed drinks not tasting like alcohol! My mom has actually said the same thing so I was laughing while reading it.

I really do think I'm going to end up with the Lapu Lapu, especially since we are eating at Ohana's on my birthday. It will just have the best photo ops and it sounds the best so far. Thanks for the advice!! :)

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Thank you all for the great advice! I think I'm going with the Lapu Lapu! haha after 7 or 8 suggestions from different people, that one definitely won. :)

Again, thanks everyone for all the suggestions, I may have to try a few of them while I am there :)

durangojim

Go the Brown Derby and try some of their flights - margarita, martini, scotch, wine, etc. you all can share a little and see what you like.

iluvMainStMagic

If you don't want something "strong" but that is very tasty and tropical, the Maui Wowie at 50's Prime Time is really good. I've also heard the Lapu Lapu is good, but a family member told me that she thought it was pretty strong.

Whatever you choose to try, hope you have a very Happy Birthday!! WDW is a great place to celebrate!

Bairstow

Lapu Lapu is a must do!

Getting the big pineapple is fun, but I having done both, I think the Polynesian's chi-chi is better.

south-park-s16e11c13-kenny-meets-the-king-16x9.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh my gosh, Chocolate Covered Cherry sounds amazing!
This is also the 3rd time I've been told the Lapu Lapu, lol. We're eating at Ohana's on my bday so I will have to get one with my dinner. Just one though lol

haha that doesn't sound like a good idea!

I have tasted some beers, and I am not a huge fan yet. Just cant get into it for some reason lol

Now Dole Whips are my favorite, and with rum... uhh YES PLEASE. haha

My dad suggested that, but I am not a huge fan of beer

I wish I could afford that! We are on a 21 year old budget here! lol

Okay, this is my favorite answer... lol. Great advice :D

GODIVA flights?!?! OH MY GOSH. Count me in! haha

Didn't someone say the best drink is the one someone bought for you? Like your parents take you to a nice restaurant for dinner and that glass of champagne to celebrate? ;)

On her 21st, my daughter had lunch at a very nice restaurant and a glass of champagne, all covered by her mom. :)

Bairstow

:hungry:

What is in the Poly chi-chi? I'm up for trying something new and something BETTER than a Lapu Lapu would be pretty amazing indeed... :hungry:

It's actually not that fancy; it's really just a piña colada made with vodka.

They're just especially good at preparing them and since the '50s the drink has largely fallen out of fashion.

Last edited:

Blairnicol

Lapu Lapu!!

Some other favorites:

The margarita flight at Brown Derby Lounge
The Sugar Cane Mojito or African Margarita at Dawa Bar
The Victoria Mist (or whatever it's called) at Victoria Falls Lounge (super sweet, but it you aren't accustomed to alcohol yet, you probably won't mind)
A Wine flight at Tutto Gusto Wine Cellar
Avocado Margarita at La Cava (tequila flight might be a little much...esp if you are drinking around the world)
Either slush in France. I like the Grande Marnier one.
There are also some champ flights at various locations around property. I would suggest one of those in celebration as well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom