Best Drink On Property??

zurgandfriend

I am not much of a drinker however in the recent past DW and I have enjoyed the pineapple margarita at La Cava del tequila and LeFou’s Brew from Gaston’s Tavern. Previously we enjoyed the cider and dark at the Rose & Crown which was strong bow cider and a shot of Crème de cassis or the Sultan’s colada in Morocco which consisted of rum, pineapple and coconut juice and almond liquor. However I am not sure if either of the last two is still available. Maybe our resident winos can report if they are still served.

MickeyMomV

Wait, they serve alcohol at Whispering Canyons and it is CHOCOLATE?! How did I miss that... I know what I'm doing after the fireworks at MK during our trip next month...taking the boat over to WL, that's what.

You get Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, and Caramel. The Squeeze tube is so can infuse the strawberry! Sooo Good!!! (a special thank you to the board I stole the pics from :) )
2013-03-22_19-51-31_671_zps32478915.jpg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Best morning drink IMHO would be the Dawa Bloody Mary in Animal Kingdom, you can only get them before noon.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You get Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, and Caramel. The Squeeze tube is so can infuse the strawberry! Sooo Good!!! (a special thank you to the board I stole the pics from :) )
2013-03-22_19-51-31_671_zps32478915.jpg

Those look amazing! I will definitely try them.

Matt_Black

I am not much of a drinker however in the recent past DW and I have enjoyed the pineapple margarita at La Cava del tequila and LeFou’s Brew from Gaston’s Tavern.

LeFou's Brew is non-alcoholic.

My suggestion- ice cream martini from L'Artisans de Glaces at Epcot. Second choice- any cocktail from the Tune-In Lounge at DHS with the light-up ice cubes.

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
I have 2 favorites, one is the Long Island Iced Tea from the bar at O Hana's. Not sure why or how this was so good but I had one every night as a night cap on my trip last March when I stayed there. (Just a FYI incase you don't know, it taste nothing like tea.)

The next one is the Grand Marnier Orange Slush sold in France in Epcot. It's at its own stand in front of the France pavilion. This drink is pretty tasty but will hit you if you aren't careful.

As always, make sure you don't drink on an empty stomach, that can be a real buzz kill. Also, avoid drinking too much in the heat, I'm from New Orleans, trust me when I say heat and drunkenness does not mix well lol.

Most of all have a great time! 21 was only 6 years ago for me but it was an awesome year!
haha thanks for the advice! My mom has already said she is going to be watching me to make sure I drink a lot of water. We're from south FL so heat doesn't kill us that badly haha. I"m not a huge drinker to begin with, so I don't imagine myself getting crazy drunk at WDW. THis is just a big thing for us, they wanted my first drink in WDW. So I'm trying to decide where. It's tough!

Shot of tequila from La Cava?
My dad actually suggested that.. I've considered it

Lemonade slush at the grand mariner stand in Epcot
That sounds amazing... I didn't even know it existed :eek:

The One Night in Mexico at the bluezoo lounge is my favorite right now. Its a mescal drink, smooth yet full of complex flavors like pomegranate and habanero shrub.
Where is Bluezoo lounge? I've never heard of it.

Lapu Lapu at Tambu Lounge
I have heard and read so much about that drink! We're actually having dinner at Ohana's on my bday, so I think I'm going to have to have one

This is the Grey Goose Citron Lemon Slush and it is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the Mojito's at the main bar outside of the Wave at the Contemporary are really good.
Second time I've been told the Lemon slush... I think I'm going to need to try that lol

I am not much of a drinker however in the recent past DW and I have enjoyed the pineapple margarita at La Cava del tequila and LeFou’s Brew from Gaston’s Tavern. Previously we enjoyed the cider and dark at the Rose & Crown which was strong bow cider and a shot of Crème de cassis or the Sultan’s colada in Morocco which consisted of rum, pineapple and coconut juice and almond liquor. However I am not sure if either of the last two is still available. Maybe our resident winos can report if they are still served.
Wow, so many choices. This is the problem I'm having!

Lapu Lapu at the Poly's Tambu Lounge or a Grand Marnier Orange Slush at the kiosk in France!
I am not a huge fan of orange flavors. But the Lapu Lapu, I heard it's amazing.

ughhh so many tough decisions!

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Here are a few ideas for some out of this world cocktails that I have only found in WDW.

Chocolate Covered Cherry @ Jiko in AKL and might also be able to get it at Victoria Falls Lounge in AKL Jambo House (Cherry Brandy, Amarula Crème Liqueur, Vodka, Dark Crème de Cacao) It is extremely tasty.

Shadow is available @ Bellvue Lounge at the Boardwalk Resort. (Chambord Raspberry Liqueur, Godiva Chocolate Liqueur, Stoli Vanilla Vodka and Heavy Cream).

Also an honorable mention for the Lapu Lapu available @ Ohana' and Tambu Lounge. This is a high octane drink and I would recommend that if you try this that you keep it to one and have it after you have put food in your stomach.

Don't get involved in doing shots of Tequila for you first drink.

Have fun on your Birthday trip!
Oh my gosh, Chocolate Covered Cherry sounds amazing!
This is also the 3rd time I've been told the Lapu Lapu, lol. We're eating at Ohana's on my bday so I will have to get one with my dinner. Just one though lol

Rum Runner at Typhoon Lagoon.

Don't be like some and jump in the wave pool after chugging it! :confused:
haha that doesn't sound like a good idea!

You can also do beer flights at Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. They have a decent selection of beers to choose from.
I have tasted some beers, and I am not a huge fan yet. Just cant get into it for some reason lol

Are the Rum infused Dole Whips a year round thing yet?

OR

Will Trader Sam's be open by then? @tikiman is still reporting early 2015, not sure if March is too early or not.
Now Dole Whips are my favorite, and with rum... uhh YES PLEASE. haha

Any beer in Germany!!!
My dad suggested that, but I am not a huge fan of beer

Ditto the beer flights at Raglan Road. You have several to select from, or you can make your own

If I could be 21 again, my first legal beverage at Disney would be a bottle of really good champagne.....during dinner at Victoria & Albert's.
I wish I could afford that! We are on a 21 year old budget here! lol

Any one that someone buys you?....
Okay, this is my favorite answer... lol. Great advice :D

Speaking of flights.... The Godiva flights at Whispering Canyon are delicious!!
GODIVA flights?!?! OH MY GOSH. Count me in! haha

DisneyFreakEst1994

Original Poster
Again with the Lapu Lapu! haha that is the 4th time it was suggested!

Lapu Lapu at the Poly's Tambu Lounge or a Grand Marnier Orange Slush at the kiosk in France!
5th time I've been told the Lapu Lapu! Definitely getting one of those!

Kungaloosh!

Oh, sorry my bad.

Anyway, my question is, without getting too personal, what kind of drink do you think you would enjoy based on your past experiences? We will go from there.
I'm Irish, I've been given tastes of pretty much everything for a while now haha. I know I am not a huge fan of beer. I love margaritas, and fruity drinks I guess is what you could call them.

Spend the day at Rose and Crown. No other advise needed
My dad has already suggested this, my mom and I had to tell him that was not happening!

Frozen Red Stag Lemonade from Fife and Drum or Sultan's Colada from the juice bar in Morocco
Both sound amazing! wow. I never knew about any of these things

linie aquavit from norway
What is that?

Best morning drink IMHO would be the Dawa Bloody Mary in Animal Kingdom, you can only get them before noon.
Where in AK can you find them? The bar in Africa?
LeFou's Brew is non-alcoholic.

My suggestion- ice cream martini from L'Artisans de Glaces at Epcot. Second choice- any cocktail from the Tune-In Lounge at DHS with the light-up ice cubes.
Ice cream martini??? Wow!
Stay Sober. Get a Shirley Temple. :D

The drink of choice for HatboxGhost. :D

Haha, I will not be getting drunk. Definitely not my thing. I think we're doing it, just for the experience. This whole thing has been my parents idea. I'm just following along :D lol.

216bruce

In all seriousness (rare for me) there really is very, very little great and true craft beer (or mass produced) I've had anywhere on property at WDW. The craft selection at F&W is weak and really limited. Germany has decent popular German beers (the Buds of Germany) and Sam Adams is not bad, especially some of their seasonals. Otherwise, meh. Heck, after a few who cares anyway?? My personal favorite beer at WDW is Inness and Gunn at Scotland during F&W and at ESPN Club all year. Great stuff.
I'm just learning wine, but I suspect that it's not really different for that either. It's Disney...go for the attractions and the service. Stay home for the drinking.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
For the Bloody Mary its the bar at the corner of Lion King and the Safari :)

Aquavit or Akvavit is an aquired taste .. think Vodka laced with caraway. Not as dreadful as Uzo or Grappa, but not something you'd like off the bat.

In all seriousness (rare for me) there really is very, very little great and true craft beer (or mass produced) I've had anywhere on property at WDW. The craft selection at F&W is weak and really limited. Germany has decent popular German beers (the Buds of Germany) and Sam Adams is not bad, especially some of their seasonals. Otherwise, meh. Heck, after a few who cares anyway?? My personal favorite beer at WDW is Inness and Gunn at Scotland during F&W and at ESPN Club all year. Great stuff.
I'm just learning wine, but I suspect that it's not really different for that either. It's Disney...go for the attractions and the service. Stay home for the drinking.

If one wanted true craft beer, they should visit total wine and more in Orlando. About 30 minutes out from Disney in total, and GREAT beer can be bought for 2 - 4 dollars a bottle, cheaper in larger packs. Most of the "craft" beer in the Epcot F+W festival can be bought much cheaper there.

JohnD

Hey everyone,

Sooooooo my 21st birthday is in March and my parent surprised me with a 5 day trip the week of my birthday. I'll actually be celebrating at WDW. I'm so excited!!!

Here's the thing, my parents have given me a task.... to choose where I'm going to have my first legal drink at. Has to be on property according to them haha.

Any suggestions? What is your favorite drink on property? I can't decide! HELP :):)

6th time? It has to be the Lapu Lapu at the Poly, a rum drink served in a pineapple. Can it be any other?

Have you figured out by now that WDW is more than Its a Small World and Dumbo?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom