1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Best Disney tip you ever got!

Discussion in 'WDW Tips' started by EnchantedRose, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Disnee4Me

Disnee4Me Well-Known Member

We returned from a trip on 09.01.2001 and as the limo was driving from NYC to Connecticut I pointed out the Twin Towers to my DS, then ages 6 and 11, trafically not realizing we'd never see them again. But my tip would be this if you go in the summer: always make lunch reservations at a sit down restuarant. You get out of the hot sun during the hottest part of the day, so we aimed for 1:30-2:00 reservations. This was of course after early entry and getting all the major rides done, then after lunch, we'd shop around a bit and take it easy, then by 5 when everyone was going to get dinner, we weren't hungry yet, so we'd go back on the rides and wouldn't have to deal with the crowds. Even at 6, my younger DS managed to make it from EMH to 11-12 ---- don't know how he did it.
    jharvey and fractal like this.
  2. hiptwinmama

hiptwinmama Well-Known Member

The best tip I ever got was if the kids are out of school... don't go. That is when it is busiest. The other was to rent a DVC. We now rent a DVC every year.
    jharvey likes this.
  3. Ishwar

Ishwar New Member

Tips = Kali Rapids should be one if the last things you do at AK.

Watch all the shows, theatres or performances as they are amazing.

Tower of terror = Hands up baby! No hanging on.

Fantasmic should not be missed!
    Cogworthfangal85 and jharvey like this.
  4. awoogala

awoogala Well-Known Member

crocs. I was resistant, but after a week in the parks and no blisters, no discomfort, I am a total convert!
  5. chipndale76

chipndale76 Active Member

That's when we're going this year "0)
  6. coleandrachel

coleandrachel Active Member

I would really really really like to do this! I would, but I would just feel bad about missing the park. Plus with as much time that is already wasted standing in ride lines, I just can't see doing it... I need more convincing
    jharvey and the1nonlysinger like this.
  7. coachwnh

coachwnh Well-Known Member

add extra days and go slower. you cant see all of WDW in three, four, five days, etc. stay longer. do a rest day or two. take time to enjoy it. As one CM told me after the person in front of me left his ticket in the buzz lightyear fastpass, "its vacation, not the amazing race"
    jharvey and fractal like this.
  8. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

How do you go about renting DVC? Any info would be appreciated! :)
  9. PixieDust62

PixieDust62 Member

Take a baggie with bandaids, antibiotic cream and pain reliever. You may not need it but if you do you'll appreciate having it. Also trow a pair of dry socks in a baggie.
  10. hiptwinmama

I found the lady we rent from on mouseowners.com. I did my homework, I checked Orange County public records to make sure they were the owner. Then I paid them via paypal just to make sure I would get my $ back if anything went wrong. Which it did not, and now we rent from the same owner every year. You can even have the owner add the dining plan. You can even confirm your reservation on the disney site, so you can see that they made the reservation.

Also, sites like DVC rental store are great too.
  11. Zipitidoda

Zipitidoda Well-Known Member

Thanks hiptwinmama! I have heard lots of good experiences I'm just afraid that I'm going to get that one dishonest person and show up for my vacation and the CM will look at me like I'm crazy. We are seriously considering it for our next trip in 2013. Good to know about paypal.
  12. The Mighty Tim

The Mighty Tim Well-Known Member

Really? My last trip, everybody was going left and only a few were going right.
    Michelle James likes this.
  13. Clyde Birdbrain

Clyde Birdbrain Active Member

Every day I visit Disney World I get a pressed penny of one park I visited that day. Then on the back I write with a sharpie the date and what parks I visited. It's a nice little souvenir that only costs 51 cents.

Since moving to the Orlando area last year and getting an AP, I have a small pile of these pennies. It's fun to go through them and see what parks I visited and how often I go. :)
    neoshinok likes this.
  14. neoshinok

neoshinok Well-Known Member

If you pack a lunch to bring to the parks, like I do, I have three words for you: Tom Sawyer's Island! Once you get on the island, take a right and head up the first stairs you come to. Another right, and you'll see a nice tucked away place with two picnic tables. It's a great location to get away from crowds, relax in the shade and enjoy a nice lunch:)
  15. Mongomil

Mongomil Well-Known Member

Hit the rides at MK when the Electric Light Parade is going on. Most people are there at that time for the parade.
  16. hiptwinmama

Best advice EVER, I grew up 90 minutes from Disney and we went all the time. During the MSEP we would always ride Space Mountain over and over. 2 years ago, my daughter had me on Thunder Mnt over and over and over because it was during Wishes and there was NO LINE. We actually watched the fireworks from the ride. It was AWESOME!
  17. bethinthesun

bethinthesun New Member

Take a photo with your camera and/or phone of a sheet of paper with your name- WDW resort and phone number/alternate cell phone number and make as your screen photo(phone) or first photo(camera). If items are lost- much easier for them to be found.
    Tara T, Redhawk and neoshinok like this.
  18. DVC4bestvacations

DVC4bestvacations Well-Known Member

Do you need to be in your room to recieve the delivery?
  19. mrsgrumpy

mrsgrumpy Member

no - we had it shipped to POFQ and it was at the bellhop on the day we checked in. just have it marked "hold for guest check in".
    kad51775 likes this.
  20. Redhawk

Redhawk Well-Known Member

I also read a tip to take a photo of your park ticket showing the side with the code on it, in case you lose it. (I hope this makes sense. Last time we went our ticket was like a credit card and I think it had a specific code on it that linked it to our name/credit card.)