1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Best Disney tip you ever got!

Discussion in 'WDW Tips' started by EnchantedRose, Mar 10, 2011.

1. lynnkatherine

lynnkatherine New Member

What is the paintbrush on TSI???:shrug:
  2. KCheatle

KCheatle Well-Known Member

This is the best tip I think I have ever received! For my entire childhood, we would mosey on along every morning and get to the parks when we felt like it. Which always led to long lines, crowded character meet and greets, etc. etc. We'd miss parades, shows, have to skip rides, etc etc.

The last two years when my DH, DD and I went, we were up and at 'em, getting to the parks when they opened. And, not only is it super cool to see the opening show at the MK, but the park was OURS!!! We could literally walk on any ride we wanted ad it was that way for a least the first hour!

At AK we got there when it opened once, and made the most magical memory of any Disney vacation. We walked to Camp Minnie & Mickey and literally saw all of the characters just standing there in the middle of the area right outside the Lion King show. My daughter (3 at the time) just ran right into Mickey's arms, then straight over the Minnie, Donald, Chip and Dale, and Goofy - it was such an amazing moment - like commerical worthy. Also, as we walked to the Nemo show that morning, we were able to just walk right down to Pooh, Tigger and Eyeore! No line at all!!!

Point: get to the parks early and your kids (especially little kids) will have a much more magical experience!
    kad51775 and bethymouse like this.
  3. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

About the GAC for my younger sister (Disney are SO accommodating).

To arrive early, the crowds are practically non existent and whilst I quite enjoy the fact that Disney is usually crowded with people (I know, it's strange) it's nice to get in and get on a few rides with no wait time at all :)
    jharvey likes this.
  4. bdearl41

bdearl41 Well-Known Member

Extra Magic Hour morning so you can ride the big rides really quick, then bus it to another park where it isnt crowded. Go back to the original park another day when its not so busy.:sohappy:
    Fie08 and bethymouse like this.
  5. Frankhhn15

Frankhhn15 New Member

The Mickey Wiki

I think that the best Disney Tip is to follow https://twitter.com/#!/TheMickeyWiki It will make you a Disney genius by the time you get to Disney World. The Facts they tweet daily made me know more than everyone in my family
    kad51775 and BUZZCRUSH like this.
  6. JenntheRN

JenntheRN New Member

For DHS, send one person to toy story mania for fast passes while another person takes the kids and signs them up for the Jedi training academy. And to sign up as soon as the park opens.
  7. Des4lee

Des4lee New Member

Shopping

I always shop before I get to WDW. I buy t-shirts for everyone, they are so expensive in the parks, and I buy little gifts for the kids. I always find lots of disney items in my local dollar store. Every time the kids ask for things I pull out my bag of tricks and it saves me a ton of money!
    l4dybu6 and BUZZCRUSH like this.
  8. TronAThon

TronAThon Member

You can get Dole Whip at Captain Cook's at the Poly. You pay at the counter and it's self serve!!! I've gone many a times, and also helped my self to seconds and no one said a thing!
    bethymouse likes this.
  9. alissafalco

alissafalco Premium Member

go to MK in mid September during the week, not a weekend. My husband and I walked onto every ride. School is in and the park was empty!!
    bethymouse likes this.
  10. Lotti08

Lotti08 New Member

Obviously have some meals in the parks as it adds to the experience but we usually head out of the parks around 1pm (when food places start to get busy) and go to Sizzler / Ponderosa for lunch. It's so cheap, offers such a great variety, is an all you can eat buffet and gives you such a nice break from the madness for a while - it really refreshes you and prepares you for the evening.

It saves a lot of money and is great value and super yummy!!

Lotti <3
  11. graphite1326

graphite1326 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been posted here or not. But, go to the park that had the EMH the night before. It is usually less crowded.
  12. boopuff

boopuff Member

The best tip: If you're at MK take the monorail to one of the hotels for lunch/dinner and just get away from the crowd for a bit. Easy to get to and usually reservations are quick. Also the hotels have quick meal places very fast and not crowded!:)
    kad51775 likes this.
  13. graphite1326

graphite1326 Well-Known Member

good tip, I'll try this one. Any recommendations?
  14. Minthorne

Minthorne Well-Known Member

You can get a free cup of Ice Water from any Counter Service in the park that has fountain soda.

What tip is better than FREE?? :sohappy:
    CheshireCat12 and bethymouse like this.
  15. ILoveDisney2006

ILoveDisney2006 New Member

Go to the parks first thing in the morning and then take a break in the middle of the day for lunch and swimming. Especially in Magic Kingdom go to the parts of the parks to the left, after getting a Space Mountain fast pass. The majority of the time you can walk right on rides like Splash Mountain and Pirates.
    kad51775 likes this.
  16. NowInc

NowInc Well-Known Member

First tip: Keep the cell phone in your pocket. Don't ruin your trip by constantly updating facebook or checking status's. Its not only for your benefit, but for those around you.

Second tip..On a more useful front..If you are in a larger group (id say more than 7 people)..its a great idea to "split up". Chances are in a large group, some people will want to do something others wont..and almost always causes someone to be unhappy.

Third tip..and an obvious one. Like fantasyland but hate the crowds? Plan around the parade and fireworks. Fantasyland (and the rest of the park really) is a LOT emptier at these times and you can easily fit in most rides if you time it right.
    Maelstrom Troll and jharvey like this.
  17. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

Many others have said it, but it bears repeating: Go to the parks early, leave when the crowds begin to build around lunchtime, go back to your resort and swim or take a nap, and then return to the parks in late afternoon when the crowds begin to die down again, fully refreshed. Repeat every day until the sad time when you have to go back to real life. ; )
  18. RonAnnArbor

RonAnnArbor Well-Known Member

Bring sealable plastic baggies to put in your pockets -- if it rains, your wallet, iphone, etc will stay dry -- also handy if you ride Splash Mountain....
    BUZZCRUSH likes this.
  19. ASM

ASM New Member

quote="MKCP 1985, post: 4508618, member: 10780"]Fastpass - don't fret if you have a lunch reservation or are caught up in a ride queue during the hour of your return time. You can't return before the time printed, but you can almost always return later than the one hour window and your fastpass be honored.

I learned that one on these boards. :wave:[/quote]

No longer :(
    Michelle James and Hot Lava like this.
  20. ASM

ASM New Member

That has changed :(
    Michelle James likes this.