1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Disney tip you ever got!

Discussion in 'WDW Tips' started by EnchantedRose, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Variable

Variable Well-Known Member

The dark side has has a strong hold on this one!

NonnaT likes this.
  2. Scrungo

Scrungo Member

Save yourself the struggle and watch the Magic Kingdom parades from Liberty Square or Frontierland. If you still insist on a spot on Main Street, try near the barber shop.

If you want to watch the Electrical Parade, plan to catch the second parade of the night, you'll be waiting an extra hour with the lines for the monorail and trams anyways since everyone lives after fire works.

officialtom and NonnaT like this.
  3. Herah

Herah Member

It's a lot harder to rope drop with teenagers. If your kids are still little, take advantage of it now.

officialtom, KikoKea and NonnaT like this.
  4. Eddie Garrison

Eddie Garrison Well-Known Member

I honestly didn't want to go through all 15 pages of the thread so here are a few tips I always share with Disney folks.

You can ride Test Track via the Single Rider line and still design your own car. Just go through the exit gift shop area into the "Design Studio" and there are a few kiosks in there that you can design your own car just as you do in the main queue. Save it to your MagicBand or pass and go through the single rider line. Your design will be accessed just as anyone else in the main queue.

Walk between Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. Instead of wasting time on the boats or buses, just walk between the two parks. You can get to each with a 20 minute walk. This is perfect if you are leaving one for another to watch fireworks, etc. You just exit out and walk the path that follows the water way the boats use and you are there. Saves a LOT of time.

Watch Illuminations from beside the Rose & Crown. There is a small patio with about 15 tables that is NOT a part of the Rose & Crown dining room or pub. It offers unobstructed views of the entire show and can seat around 20-30 people. The tables do not move though the chairs do. It's usually pretty easy to get a spot here as many think it is a part of the Rose & Crown dining room. Still get there at least 30 minutes prior to the show.

Zipitidoda, NonnaT, patch553 and 2 others like this.
  5. KikoKea

KikoKea Well-Known Member

LOL. Once, when our boys were teenagers and didn't want to get up early for rope drop, DH and I (probably more excited to be there than they were) simply told them we'd meet them wherever it was we had a ressie for lunch and not to be late. If they wanted breakfast, they could buy it (with their own money) downstairs, the shuttle left at 20 till the hour, and don't forget their tickets for the park. They got up in time for rope drop every morning after that.

officialtom likes this.
  6. kaitertot5249

kaitertot5249 Active Member

I'm sure that this has been mentioned about a million times but...ROPE DROP. Hands down. Not only do you get onto some of the best, most popular rides with little to no wait, you also can take in the magic of morning light on a quiet park. There is nothing quite like Main Street USA right after rope drop, it's pure magic. And the welcome show at Magic Kingdom is always one of the highlights of a day spent in Magic Kingdom for me. Rope Drop is still great at the other parks, but it's best at Magic Kingdom.

7. emar68

emar68 New Member

This is just a quick tip. I find the lack of iced coffee at the resorts...just strange. Having hot coffee at breakfast in the summer humidity doesn't cut it for me. So I usually pick up an iced coffee at Starbucks when leaving the park at night, and keep the iced coffee in the room fridge overnight. Good iced coffee for breakfast!

Panda WDW and MissEnchanted92 like this.